STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 9pm CT)

Calvin Kattar (146) vs Dan Ige (145)
    Tim Elliott (125) vs Ryan Benoit (126)
    Jimmie Rivera (145) vs Cody Stamann (145)
    Molly McCann (125) vs Taila Santos (125)
    Abdul Razak Alhassan (174)* vs Mounir Lazzez (171)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 6pm CT)

John Phillips (186) vs Khamzat Chimaev (186)
    Ricardo Ramos (145) vs Lerone Murphy (146)
    Modestas Bukauskas (205) vs Andreas Michailidis (206)
    Jared Gordon (145) vs Chris Fishgold (149)**
    Diana Belbita (125) vs Liana Jojua (126)
    Jack Shore (136) vs Aaron Phillips (135)

*Alhassan missed the Welterweight limit by 3 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse
    **Fishgold missed the Featherweight limit by 3 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• NewMike

The main doesn’t have big names, but those look like fun fights. I cant wait to get them wrong

• thevogaman

Spent most of the morning taping the debuting fighters.

Bergh/Gonzalez: Both guys… how do I say this in a nice way … suck! Probably want one of them though, because there should be a finish… and probably an early finish.

Bukauskas/Michailidis: I think I kind of like the dog here… Bukauskas gets taken down pretty easily and just tries to use the cage to get back up. Michailidis does lots of flashy shit, but I think he can score takedowns and advances for a decent score @ $7200. I’ll have some of Bukauskas too, though. He probably has the better cardio, he’s much bigger and longer, and should win if (big if) he can defend the takedown against the cage.

Chimaev/Phillips: Chimaev should be able to grapple his way to a sub or TKO. Probably worth a few stabs on Phillips in case it turns into a brawl. But I think it’s probably a 1st round finish for Chimaev with a rear naked choke.

Lazzez/Alhassan: Lazzez is actually talented, but Alhassan probably death touches him in the 1st. He may be good enough to survive, but I would only approach him as someone who might survive and keep Alhassan from being optimal rather than a good guy to target for the upset.

• someclevername

Money Meatball McCann sitting at $8200 looks interesting. I need to check out Santos though, don’t really remember anything about her.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Money Meatball McCann sitting at $8200 looks interesting. I need to check out Santos though, don’t really remember anything about her.

I mean… Santos beat a bunch of cans and then lost to Mara Romero Borella in her debut. That’s probably enough for me to go all in on Meatball, who despite never hurting anyone with a strike, lands nothing but “significant” strikes. It’s like getting Karol Rosa for $8200.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I mean… Santos beat a bunch of cans and then lost to Mara Romero Borella in her debut. That’s probably enough for me to go all in on Meatball, who despite never hurting anyone with a strike, lands nothing but “significant” strikes. It’s like getting Karol Rosa for $8200.

Yeah, like what am I missing on Santos? I don’t think Molly should be some huge favorite or anything, but I was surprised to see them so close.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Yeah, like what am I missing on Santos? I don’t think Molly should be some huge favorite or anything, but I was surprised to see them so close.

She’s the much bigger girl and on paper she’s the better grappler, I guess. I don’t really get it either.
    I’m going with 40% McCann and 20% Santos right now.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

She’s the much bigger girl and on paper she’s the better grappler, I guess. I don’t really get it either.
    I’m going with 40% McCann and 20% Santos right now.

Meatball is usually the smaller girl so that doesn’t bother me, but the grappling could be an issue hmm.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Chimaev/Phillips: Chimaev should be able to grapple his way to a sub or TKO. Probably worth a few stabs on Phillips in case it turns into a brawl. But I think it’s probably a 1st round finish for Chimaev with a rear naked choke.

Such disrespect for Phillips’ stellar ground game.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Such disrespect for Phillips’ stellar ground game.

Phillips by meme guard sub… calling it now.

Something to watch out for will be fighters haircuts… Max with the long Patrick Duffy hair and Volkan with his thin flat top both lost. So if Fishgold comes in with a skullet or Kattar comes in with bangs… we’ll know what to do.

• rourke441

i kinda like the dog in the main event does anyone know if frankie edgar is still fighting or retired tx

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Kattar comes in with bangs

LOL

I’m kinda looking at Lerone Murphy for $7400. Ramos is no easy fight, but I remember he had a tough debut vs Tukhugov last year in Abu Dhabi. The stats don’t really bear it out, but I thought he looked good. Need to watch that fight again to be sure though.

• someclevername

@rourke441 said...

does anyone know if frankie edgar is still fighting or retired tx

He was supposed to fight Pedro Munhoz, but Pedro tested positive for COVID-19. They currently have that fight scheduled for the Stipe/DC 3 card in August, but who knows what is going to happen.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

Bergh/Gonzalez: Both guys… how do I say this in a nice way … suck! Probably want one of them though, because there should be a finish… and probably an early finish.

Sadly, you’re right that you probably need one of them. Each of them has only seen the 2nd round once in 30 combined fights. I’m probably going to have more Gonzalez, not because I think he’s better, but there are several fighters just a little more expensive than Bergh with good chances for the early finish too.

I think the real key is to find out what color Gonzalez will have his mohawk, although I’ll have to do a bit more research to find out which colors work better than others.

• thevogaman

@smonger19 said...

I think the real key is to find out what color Gonzalez will have his mohawk, although I’ll have to do a bit more research to find out which colors work better than others.

I know he got his ass beat with the blue hawk against Nasrudinov, but I agree… I’ve got more exposure to Gonzalez too.

• someclevername

@someclevername said...

Need to watch that fight again to be sure though.

Ok, yeah, Murphy looked good in that fight. Got dropped early, but recovered well. Tukhugov was taking him down, but I like how he wasn’t accepting of bottom and always working to get back up. Ramos doesn’t have the top control of Tukhugov, but definitely more dangerous w/submissions. I can see Ramos taking him down, Murphy creating a scramble to get back up and Ramos catching him in a sub. I can also see Murphy pressuring well and landing a hard shot. However it plays out this should be a fun fight.

Seeing Jojua get finished by Cheesecake makes me want to play Belbita lol.*If anything she’s tough as hell, watched her fight w/Meatball and she survived several bad spots. She also will throw volume. I am really talking myself into this holy sh.

• rourke441

belbita could have a nice bounceback here she hung in there vs. mccann and was actually ddeducted a point in round2 for grabbing the fence

• someclevername

@rourke441 said...

belbita could have a nice bounceback here she hung in there vs. mccann and was actually ddeducted a point in round2 for grabbing the fence

lol I JUST watched that fight – yeah she may not be a great fighter but she’s a fighter. Idk about Jojua.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Ok, yeah, Murphy looked good in that fight. Got dropped early, but recovered well. Tukhugov was taking him down, but I like how he wasn’t accepting of bottom and always working to get back up. Ramos doesn’t have the top control of Tukhugov, but definitely more dangerous w/submissions. I can see Ramos taking him down, Murphy creating a scramble to get back up and Ramos catching him in a sub. I can also see Murphy pressuring well and landing a hard shot. However it plays out this should be a fun fight.

I don’t know what to do with this fight. Kind of a tough start for Murphy. I think it should be competitive on the feet with a lean to Murphy, but if that’s the case, I have to think Ramos will try to get it down and be live for a sub (or at least some top control/advances). I’m curious what the ownership will be for this fight because I think I’m probably going to be under on both if I keep my exposure where I’m at.

• DC2380

Hey guys. So how we approaching this week? Khamzat Chimaev a lock?

• NewMike

Gonzales vs Bergh is cancelled due to weight cut issues for Bergh

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

Gonzales vs Bergh is cancelled due to weight cut issues for Bergh

Well… back to the drawing board. Thought I’d only have to focus on my 20 Throwdown entries tonight instead of the 100 I’ve already put into the other contests. Probably need to start using optimizers because I’m a hand builder that keeps track of exposure manually.

• thevogaman

@DC2380 said...

Hey guys. So how we approaching this week? Khamzat Chimaev a lock?

Lock is a bit too strong of a term for me. The only guy I see as a lock is Jack Shore, but even then, he’s more of a lock to win and score well… not a lock for the optimal.

With one fight down, (a fight that I was targeting heavily) I’m going to up my exposure to John Phillips. He looked good on the scale. He’s the mother fuckin’ white Mike Tyson. I’m going to try to be like 40% Chimaev and just under 20% on Phillips now.

• DC2380

@thevogaman said...

Lock is a bit too strong of a term for me. The only guy I see as a lock is Jack Shore, but even then, he’s more of a lock to win and score well… not a lock for the optimal.

With one fight down, (a fight that I was targeting heavily) I’m going to up my exposure to John Phillips. He looked good on the scale. He’s the mother fuckin’ white Mike Tyson. I’m going to try to be like 40% Chimaev and just under 20% on Phillips now.

Thanks for the feedback!

• DC2380

Is it typical to stack a fight?

• noconflict

Anyone know if/when we’ll get a breakdown from Appley?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler