STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, October 3rd, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 9:30pm CT)

Holly Holm (136) vs Irene Aldana (136)
    Yorgan De Castro (261) vs Carlos Felipe (263)
    Germaine de Randamie (136) vs Julianna Peña (135.5)
    Kyler Phillips (136) vs Cameron Else (136)
    Dequan Townsend (186) vs Duško Todorović (186)

Prelims (ESPN+, 6:30pm CT)

Carlos Condit (171) vs Court McGee (170.5)
    Josh Culibao (145.5) vs Charles Jourdain (145)
    Jordan Williams (182) vs Nassourdine Imavov (185.5)
    Loma Lookboonmee (116) vs Jinh Yu Frey (116)
    Casey Kenney (136) vs Heili Alateng (136)
    Jessin Ayari (156) vs Luigi Vendramini (156)

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• someclevername

I might play Vendramini just cos of his name. I mean, that’s a name! Like Kenney, Court (sorry Carlos) & my boy, Jourdain! Might not pay off his salary, but I still want to play him. Don’t know enough about Williams/Imavov yet, but probably gonna need that one. GDR if it stays standing, *can Pena get takedowns?

• NewMike

What a card, maybe they should have taken this weekend off. This is the easiest ME that you could fade in a long time

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

This is the easiest ME that you could fade in a long time

Yeah, it ain’t great.

There are people I like to win, but not sure how well they will score on DK.

• mnstone14

@someclevername said...

Yeah, it ain’t great.

There are people I like to win, but not sure how well they will score on DK.

if aldana wins id imagine she scores fairly well, especially comparted to some of these other fights?

• someclevername

@mnstone14 said...

if aldana wins id imagine she scores fairly well, especially comparted to some of these other fights?

She could, sure.

My hesitation on playing Aldana is her volume looks great on paper, but will she be able to tag Holly as much as these other girls she’s been fighting? Holly won’t be coming forward with zero defense like a Vanessa Melo – she’s going to be moving a lot & has a strong clinch so maybe she keeps portions of the fight up against the fence limiting the output of both. Idk, maybe Aldana comes out here and lights her up – I do not see that, but I’m wrong a lot. Since almost everyone sees this as being a boring fight, watch it end up being fairly exciting and end with a finish lol.

• thevogaman

I usually try to bring some kind of a hot take, but this card is just not… friendly. I’m thinking about taking the debuting dogs in Cameron Else and Nassourdine Imavov (not in the same lineups necessarily). Really tough to find any good leans here. Fading Dequan and Culibao… and even then, Culibao will at least try to win.

More importantly though… how can the co-main be Yorgan de Castro vs. Carlos Felipe? Two fat brawlers coming off a loss?!…

• jki7p6

Starting with Dusko and going from there.

• someclevername

2020 ramping up – might take Dequan just for the hell of it

• jki7p6

@someclevername said...

• dolphinkick182

Edit. Sorry, Fight name vs real name got me. Shows how much i know about this card.

• NewMike

@someclevername said...

By scorpion crunch?

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

By scorpion crunch?

I had to Google that one lol need to watch more Bellator. Also, yes – that is exactly how it’s going to happen.

• thedkexperience

This card is cheeks.

• NewMike

Else seems like a good punt play, if he wins it will most likely be in the first round and probably the first minute.

• someclevername

Going full idgaf – Townsend via Scorpion Crunch & Condit via Time Machine.

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Else seems like a good punt play, if he wins it will most likely be in the first round and probably the first minute.

Yeah, I should go w/him over DT but Kyler’s hair has Street Jesus vibes.

• NewMike

@someclevername said...

I’ve only seen the Time Machine once, it was Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann and it worked like a charm

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

I’ve only seen the Time Machine once, it was Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann and it worked like a charm

• Kassdog

This has to be one of the hardest cards to pick. I mean do we even seeing first place getting more 550 points? I made one line up and will probably pass out before the main card.

• thedkexperience

@Kassdog said...

This has to be one of the hardest cards to pick. I mean do we even seeing first place getting more 550 points? I made one line up and will probably pass out before the main card.

It’s a total crapshoot.

• smonger19

@NewMike said...

I made 4 lineups and have Phillips in 3, but I put Else in the other as my punt play. He’ll do something crazy in the first minute and it will work out or he’ll set himself up for disaster.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

I took Townsend in one lineup, so the Scorpion Crunch it is.

• smonger19

What is really confusing me (and I’m normally confused about a lot of things) is why the line has moved so much in the Williams-Imavov fight? I must be missing something. I just glanced at weigh-ins, so maybe that’s it.

• CityBoy410

Who you prefer more if you had 9200
    Left on DK, Phillips or Todorovic?

• joephoto

@CityBoy410 said...

Who you prefer more if you had 9200
    Left on DK, Phillips or Todorovic?

Phillips is currently -450 on Bovada.
    Todorovic is -370.
    When I can’t decide-I let the odds decide for me.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).