STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, March 20th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Derek Brunson (186) vs Kevin Holland (183)

Co-Main Event
    Max Griffin (170.5) vs Song Kenan (171)

Cheyanne Buys (116) vs Montserrat Conejo (115)
    Adrian Yanez (135) vs Gustavo Lopez (136)
    Tai Tuivasa (264.5) vs Harry Hunsucker (249)

Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+, 6:30pm CT)

Marion Reneau (136) vs Macy Chiasson (136)
    Leonardo Santos (155.5) vs Grant Dawson (156)
    Trevin Giles (185.5) vs Roman Dolidze (185)
    Montel Jackson (136) vs Jesse Strader (137.5)*
    Bruno Silva (126) vs JP Buys (126)

*Strader missed the bantamweight limit by 1.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse

Avila/Stoliarenko CANCELLED

Gillespie/Riddell CANCELLED

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• thevogaman

Was just on Tapology and saw Tuivasa is now fighting someone named Harry Hunsucker. So there’s that…

Also, I’m on Brunson here.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Was just on Tapology and saw Tuivasa is now fighting someone named Harry Hunsucker. So there’s that…

Also, I’m on Brunson here.

I was JUST typing that Mayes being out sucks cos I was going to fade that fight and now they might bring in someone really terrible for Tuivasa to KO.

Harry Hunsucker lol. Abysmal.

*I am also taking Brunson.. .you were warned.

• someclevername

Playing Gregor – know he’s coming off that really vicious KO and layoff, but I don’t care. His ceiling is too high. Looking at Santos & Silva as dogs. As stated, playing Brunson but I will feel better about it if he shows up blonde.

• CityBoy410

I think of Bronson comes in with his wrestling game and not get caught up in a striking match he can win but I’m also wondering who has the edge after the third round. Will Bronson start to get sloppy and reckless? Will Holland have enough in the tank after all the take down defense to win on the feet? I want to see the ownership for this fight.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

*I am also taking Brunson.. .you were warned.

But seriously, I don’t think he has much to fear from Holland on the feet… he’s the faster guy, better wrestling, better cardio. Seeing Holland at -200 at one point had me really scratching my head. I do tend to serially underrate Kevin Holland though, so who knows. I’ll have both sides (just with a heavier lean to Brunson). I would guess we see Holland in the mid-40%‘s and Brunson in the mid-30%‘s

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

But seriously, I don’t think he has much to fear from Holland on the feet… he’s the faster guy, better wrestling, better cardio. Seeing Holland at -200 at one point had me really scratching my head. I do tend to serially underrate Kevin Holland though, so who knows. I’ll have both sides (just with a heavier lean to Brunson). I would guess we see Holland in the mid-40%‘s and Brunson in the mid-30%‘s

I think this is a fight between to talented fighters who don’t always use high fight IQ. I guess it depends on who decides to be the smarter fighter that day. I think Brunson have shown growth his last 3 or so fights and that’s what got me unsure of who to ride with at the moment.

• someclevername

Same script – If Brunson gets tagged with a good shot and abandons his game plan, I imagine we could be in for another appearance from the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubeman. I can’t remember who said that, but it is so accurate and makes me laugh every time lol. Tbf he has been fighting smarter since the Adesanya loss, but it doesn’t mean I completely trust him. This fight does have potential for hilarity.

Holland had a fantastic 2020 and it’s led to him being a little overvalued in this spot imo. I’m not sold on him being a top guy yet, but if he gets the win here I’ll have to give him his due as Brunson is a solid gatekeeper at MW.

• someclevername

Giles/Dolidze is a strong contender to bring home the “Why did he just do that?!” award.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

As stated, playing Brunson but I will feel better about it if he shows up blonde.

What if he goes full Rodman? He could change from weigh-ins to fight time. Too much of a wild card for me.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

What if he goes full Rodman?

I’d have a major confidence boost in his defensive abilities

• CityBoy410

I see Holland talking about not wanting to fight 5 rounds fights, he would rather be a 3 round co-main event king.

• someclevername

Harry “Attila the” Hunsucker? No? I’ll keep working on it.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

His instagram is @hurricane_hunsucker. So it appears he went with something… a little less original. I like this fight a lot better than Mayes though. This guy pretty much guarantees the under 1.5 hits, so I might fit that into some parlays.

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

Harry “and the Hendersons” Hunsucker? Nope? Never mind.

• thevogaman

I thought maybe Harry (the) Hunsucker “Proxy” … but that’s probably a little too obscure and dated a reference.

• someclevername

The Hudsucker Proxy did cross my mind, but I couldn’t make it work lol nicely done.

Shout out to Harry and the Hendersons – back before I could only see John Lithgow as Trinity from Dexter. Simpler times, more innocent times.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

His instagram is @hurricane_hunsucker. So it appears he went with something… a little less original. I like this fight a lot better than Mayes though. This guy pretty much guarantees the under 1.5 hits, so I might fit that into some parlays.

Attila could work if Buffer mumbled the “sucker” part. Idk, it was a first draft.

Hurricane, eh? Eh. Tuivasa is bad, but is he “ranked 37th on a list where 47 year old Tony Lopez is 1st” bad*? This gotta be a shoey situation, but I can’t ever be confident in Tai. Even against a Harry Hunsucker. I’ll play Tuivasa, but he could pull a stunt.

*Better example than the Kentucky ranking. Number 35 is Austen “Corndog” Heidlage lol that’s what I’m talking about! We have enough Hurricanes, c’mon man.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

back before I could only see John Lithgow as Trinity from Dexter. Simpler times, more innocent times.

Yeah, once you’ve seen a naked John Lithgow in a bathtub full of bloody water … that’s all she wrote.

• someclevername

Stoliarenko just fainted on the scale – might lose that fight

*She sat for a bit, got up and actually weighed in again, then went down again. They brought the stretcher out, that was crazy.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

*She sat for a bit, got up and actually weighed in again, then went down again. They brought the stretcher out, that was crazy.

Maybe they can keep the 145 division alive and give her an unwarranted title shot? (too soon?)

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Maybe they can keep the 145 division alive and give her an unwarranted title shot? (too soon?)

Harsh but fair lol

• 13nutz

Thought she was pulling guard on the scale

• someclevername

Reneau needed the box of shame and was lookin’ a lil rough herself. Strader missed and I guess isn’t going to cut anymore.

More importantly, Brunson BLONDE

• BigDaddy326

@someclevername said...

There goes my low owned avila play

• someclevername

Avila/Stoliarenko officially cancelled.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).