STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, April 17th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Robert Whittaker (185.5) vs Kelvin Gastelum (185)

Co-Main Event
    Andrei Arlovski (250.5) vs Chase Sherman (251)

Abdul Razak Alhassan (185.5) vs Jacob Malkoun (185.5)
    Tracy Cortez (126.5)* vs Justine Kish (125.5)
    Luis Pena (155) vs Alexander Munoz (155.5)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Alexandr Romanov (264) vs Juan Espino (257)
    Jessica Penne (116) vs Lupita Godinez (116)
    Gerald Meerschaert (185.5) vs Bartosz Fabiński (184.5)
    Austin Hubbard (156) vs Dakota Bush (155.5)
    Tony Gravely (135.5) vs Anthony Birchak (135.5)

*Cortez missed the flyweight limit by 0.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of her purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• smonger19

DraftKings doesn’t have it listed yet, but Tapology shows that they found a replacement for Austin Hubbard to fight. He will be taking on Dakota “Hairy” Bush. And no, I’m not making up that nickname. It is what his profile shows.

• thevogaman

Romanov/Espino will be massively owned and somehow end up being a low-scoring decision. That’s just how this game goes.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

DraftKings doesn’t have it listed yet, but Tapology shows that they found a replacement for Austin Hubbard to fight. He will be taking on Dakota “Hairy” Bush. And no, I’m not making up that nickname. It is what his profile shows.

lol I saw that earlier – it’s a bold choice for sure.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Romanov/Espino will be massively owned and somehow end up being a low-scoring decision. That’s just how this game goes.

The winner of this fight will score 150 points and Askren is going to knock out Jake Paul. i refuse to believe any other outcomes.

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

@someclevername said...

The winner of this fight will score 150 points and Askren is going to knock out Jake Paul. i refuse to believe any other outcomes.

The best timeline!

• someclevername

Ricardo Ramos OUT. And another one gone and another one gone

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Ricardo Ramos OUT. And another one gone and another one gone

God, if they were going to find a replacement Algeo would be over 80% owned. He was in all of my lineups so far as it was.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

God, if they were going to find a replacement Algeo would be over 80% owned. He was in all of my lineups so far as it was.

For some stupid reason I like to leave $100 when possible and he fit perfectly in that build but nooooo. Oh, well. I’m going to end up with Zarah Fairn now or something so that should be fun.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

For some stupid reason I like to leave $100 when possible and he fit perfectly in that build but nooooo. Oh, well. I’m going to end up with Zarah Fairn now or something so that should be fun.

Yeah, I kind of hate all my lineups without Bill Algeo. Like a puzzle without all of the pieces.

Zarah Fairn is so bad, but I just don’t have the time (or desire) to tape this Nunes girl. I think there’s a chance you need one of them, though … so I’ll try 20% exposure to each.

Thinking about Arlovski as a contrarian play. I don’t recall him ever struggling with leg kicks and Chase Sherman is not good, but purely as a leverage play. Maybe I’ll just pick lineups of who I think will score the least with the main event and Romanov/Espino.

• factorial89

is josiane nunes related to amanda nunes.

• thevogaman

@factorial89 said...

is josiane nunes related to amanda nunes.

No. I just skimmed through a youtube clip of one of her fights… not very impressive, but like I say… we at least know that Fairn is awful. Nunes will be a lot smaller though.

Edit: Saw that Fairn weighed in at 147 and Nunes at 136… so point might be moot.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Edit: Saw that Fairn weighed in at 147 and Nunes at 136… so point might be moot.

I had to do a double take lol what in the hell

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I had to do a double take lol what in the hell

Yeah earlier I had wondered if this was going to be at 145 or 135 since Nunes didn’t look big on tape … I guess it’s at lightweight.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I guess it’s at lightweight.

• someclevername

I know this will shock everyone, but MMA Junkie reporting that fight is officially off. Fairn only missed by 11 pounds, I don’t see what the big deal is.

*My bad – evidently they changed it to a 139 pound catchweight bout this morning so she only missed by 8 pounds.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

so she only missed by 8 pounds.

Cortez missed by half a pound… wonder if she’ll try to make it yet.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Cortez missed by half a pound… wonder if she’ll try to make it yet.

@AlexBehunin said she was going to try again after face offs

*Per Amy Kaplan @PhotoAmy33 Cortez did weigh in again backstage but was still 0.5 pounds over so that’s that

• someclevername

Either GM3 gets a sub or Fabinski wins a decision with tds & control time. This one seems pretty straightforward so it will end with a spinning headkick KO or some shit.

I’m thinking of fading the ME – is that crazy? If Gastelum wins surely he’s optimal at $7100, but I don’t think he wins. If Whittaker wins is he optimal? Lot of options in the 9k range. I’m thinking of paying up for Gravely & Alhassan & hope Whittaker gets the win with like 90 points.

For such an awesome nickname, Pena is kind of eh to me. I’ll take a shot on Munoz w/his wrestling upside, but it’s possible he’s the one getting controlled and scores jack. Them’s the risks.

After the shove at face offs, I hope Klose comes out wanting to brawl cos I like Stephens in that kind of fight.

I’m going to be on Espino due to his price, but no hate for the KING KONG plays. This fight better deliver lol it looks so good on paper!

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

If Whittaker wins is he optimal? Lot of options in the 9k range. I’m thinking of paying up for Gravely & Alhassan & hope Whittaker gets the win with like 90 points.

I’m thinking Alhassan busts if he doesn’t get the sub 60 second KO. Obviously he’s still live for that happening, but something tells me Malkoun is more durable than people are anticipating and Alhassan just outstrikes him without dumping his gas tank chasing the KO in the first 30 seconds like usual. This fight is at 185, too.

Gravely & Romanov are my top owned plays.

• jv21

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

Anyone MME UFC? I am going to throw 20 lineups into the cheap contests. Trying to see what I should consider when picking my player pool and optimizer settings.

• joephoto

@thevogaman said...

I’ve only ever “stacked” fighters in a 5 round main events before, but could Romanov/ Espino
    be high scoring and stackable? Combine for 160 pts or more ?

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

I’ve only ever “stacked” fighters in a 5 round main events before, but could Romanov/ Espino
    be high scoring and stackable? Combine for 160 pts or more ?

Anything is possible I guess, but I don’t really see it. I think Romanov smashes or else Espino subs him. I think it won’t be close as a fight, and if it is close, you don’t want anything to do with either one of them.

I think the main event here could be stackable… where we get big moments from both guys and it turns into a real war by the end (kind of like Gastelum/Izzy).

• joephoto

Thank you.

• mnstone14

@thevogaman said...

Anything is possible I guess, but I don’t really see it. I think Romanov smashes or else Espino subs him. I think it won’t be close as a fight, and if it is close, you don’t want anything to do with either one of them.

I think the main event here could be stackable… where we get big moments from both guys and it turns into a real war by the end (kind of like Gastelum/Izzy).

i think whitaker wins but i could see him being semi low output. I might fade him and hope that Cortez or Loopy out scores him

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I’m thinking Alhassan busts if he doesn’t get the sub 60 second KO. Obviously he’s still live for that happening, but something tells me Malkoun is more durable than people are anticipating and Alhassan just outstrikes him without dumping his gas tank chasing the KO in the first 30 seconds like usual. This fight is at 185, too.

Oh yeah, I do not trust Alhassan at all. I’ve been on him the past two fights and it hasn’t been great. I don’t think he’s ever won a fight that has gone past round one. He’s expensive. He’s going to be mega owned. Idk if he’s going to be tentative since he got absolutely deaded by Khaos The Ox Fighter. I agree it’s an excellent spot to get away from if you don’t think he can get it done early.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).