STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, April 17th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Robert Whittaker (185.5) vs Kelvin Gastelum (185)

Co-Main Event
    Andrei Arlovski (250.5) vs Chase Sherman (251)

Abdul Razak Alhassan (185.5) vs Jacob Malkoun (185.5)
    Tracy Cortez (126.5)* vs Justine Kish (125.5)
    Luis Pena (155) vs Alexander Munoz (155.5)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Alexandr Romanov (264) vs Juan Espino (257)
    Jessica Penne (116) vs Lupita Godinez (116)
    Gerald Meerschaert (185.5) vs Bartosz Fabiński (184.5)
    Austin Hubbard (156) vs Dakota Bush (155.5)
    Tony Gravely (135.5) vs Anthony Birchak (135.5)

*Cortez missed the flyweight limit by 0.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of her purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• yisman

@someclevername said...

What happened? I saw the knee nutshot and they were taking time and then I had a puppers situation – wtf happened?

ref called it a low shot and now Romanov says he can’t get up

fight is over, technical decision

early end to fight

• jki7p6

Wtf this card

• yisman

and they immediately run an ad talking about nuts

• iron_tactics

Needed an Espino win

• smonger19

I was really expecting Romanov to do a backflip after winning that decision

• thevogaman

@yisman said...

• someclevername

@yisman said...

ref called it a low shot and now Romanov says he can’t get up

fight is over, technical decision

early end to fight

Thank you.

G Damn IT. I guess it’s the right decision since Espino caused the nutshot. So disappointing. For the 20th time tonight, OH WELL.

• someclevername

@yisman said...

lol that is on point though

• iron_tactics

We gettin a Main Event first round eye poke no contest or a passing out backstage next?

• smonger19

I could see calling the third round even only because of the nut shot, but I can’t see giving it to Romanov because the only thing he did in the round was absorb a nut shot.

• yisman

past 2 months, multiple late scratches, plus a bunch of fights ended early due to low blow/eye poke/illegal strike…

• someclevername

What are the chances we get a Romanov/Espino rematch? Or nah?

• iron_tactics

@smonger19 said...

I could see calling the third round even only because of the nut shot, but I can’t see giving it to Romanov because the only thing he did in the round was absorb a nut shot.

They gave Romanov the first 2 rounds

• someclevername

Pena disappointing as always (hoping for a reverse jinx but also it is true)

• smonger19

@iron_tactics said...

They gave Romanov the first 2 rounds

Chris Lee being the only one to score the first round for Espino has me rethinking all my life decisions.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

So a eye poke is a no decision but an ouchy under the belt he quits and wins???

Nothing about this sport rules make sense

• someclevername

Pena has all of the physical tools but just somehow falls short, even when he wins. I think Munoz is up 2-0 here, but who knows.

• marker0357

Pena is too damn cocky considering he’s not overwhelming.

• thevogaman

I wouldn’t be shocked if the judges gave Pena 30-27.

• someclevername

@Unico10 said...

So a eye poke is a no decision but an ouchy under the belt he quits and wins???

Nothing about this sport rules make sense

So You Wanna Play MMA DFS?

I know man, it’s crazy.

• Baysman

Judges……. *sigh.

• someclevername

Oooh, I disagree with that and Pena is my Captain- I think Munoz won 2/3 rounds. Maybe I’m wrong, doesn’t matter – what I’m not wrong about is Pena f’ng sucks still. Thought maybe he could change my mind tonight, but same old. And he’s all arrogant in his post-fight interview lol I kinda want to see this guy get KO’d.

• marker0357

no action in that fight. That one could have gone either way but I hate a guy who’s cocky unless they are clearly superior.

• smonger19

Although it won’t help me, I’m predicting Cortez to go for 110+ points tonight.

• thevogaman

I kind of think Rose might win next week. And also Valentina wins easily, but won’t be anywhere near the optimal build.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).