STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 1st, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN2/ESPN+, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Dominick Reyes (205.5) vs Jiří Procházka (204)

Co-Main Event
    Cub Swanson (145.5) vs Giga Chikadze (146)

Ion Cutelaba (206) vs Dustin Jacoby (205)
    Sean Strickland (185.5) vs Krzysztof Jotko (185.5)
    Merab Dvalishvili (135.5) vs Cody Stamann (135.5)

Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Randa Markos (115) vs Luana Pinheiro (115.5)
    Kai Kamaka (146) vs TJ Brown (145.5)
    Poliana Botelho (125.5) vs Luana Carolina (128.5)*
    Sam Hughes (115.5) vs Loma Lookboonmee (116)
    KB Bhullar (186) vs Andreas Michailidis (185.5)
    Luke Sanders (145.5) vs Felipe Colares (145.5)

*Carolina missed the flyweight limit by 2.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of her purse

Benitez/Pearce fight is cancelled

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• jki7p6

Ive been confused by the Nhl forum daily threads, youre not supposed to open the thread with tonight’s Nba schedule?

Anyways im out of the deep cooler finally and really not loving the big favorites on this card to either make value or even win. First look figure I’ll be building nowhere near cap. This will be a single shot lineup kind of weekend.

• thevogaman

@jki7p6 said...

Anyways im out of the deep cooler finally and really not loving the big favorites on this card to either make value or even win. First look figure I’ll be building nowhere near cap

Yeah, there’s really nobody to pay up for but Merab.

I can’t get out of my mind KB Bhullar getting knocked out by a jab from Tom Breese. So probably going to need to target the Bhullar/Michailidis spot with a heavy lean to the Greek.

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Ive been confused by the Nhl forum daily threads, youre not supposed to open the thread with tonight’s Nba schedule?

Anyways im out of the deep cooler finally and really not loving the big favorites on this card to either make value or even win.

I considered it.

What? You don’t want to go all-in on $9400 Lookboonmee?

• factorial89

jiri fights with his hands held low.reyes has the ko power so jiri needs to correct this. my live dogs-bhuilar and tj brown.

• thevogaman

So not too much interest so far on this one… which I get. This seems like a card where something really chalky lands 1st place. I’ll definitely be building a Jiri lineup and then swapping Reyes to the same lineup for every entry (Edit: every entry that I target the main event), so I’m not sitting there at the end with a shot and the wrong one wins.

I won’t be as exposed to this main event as normal. Reyes has actually been pretty low output throughout his career and I don’t think he finishes Jiri (at all, but if he did I would think it would be late) Just not enough output from either guy. I’ll end up underweight (relative to the field) on both.

• joephoto

Made it through Round 1 (18th out of 100). Need to make the top 25 of 50 in Round 2 this week for Knockout Finals next week.
    Main event 5 rounder doesn’t look stackable.
    Mereb, Poliana, and Ion currently look like “value”.

• factorial89

if reyes can last 2 rds. he will win.reyes has faced the best in the division incl. jon jones.jiri has not.

• mandrzejewski

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

I have been building lineups on DK in the $1 150 max and find myself in many cases leaving between $800 and $1200 on the table. Is anyone else building mme lineups with the majority of them leaving a significant amount on the table on DK?

• thevogaman

@mandrzejewski said...

I have been building lineups on DK in the $1 150 max and find myself in many cases leaving between $800 and $1200 on the table. Is anyone else building mme lineups with the majority of them leaving a significant amount on the table on DK?

I’ve been more in the $200-$600 on the table area. I don’t think $800-$1200 is excessive or anything though.

I see Mowgli missed weight by 4.5 lbs… hope they don’t cancel it because JSP is my top dog right now.

Edit: Looks like all the fights are on. Benitez didn’t look drained, so not sure how to feel about Pearce now. Might be difficult to outwrestle the bigger man.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I see Mowgli missed weight by 4.5 lbs… hope they don’t cancel it because JSP is my top dog right now.

Edit: Looks like all the fights are on. Benitez didn’t look drained, so not sure how to feel about Pearce now. Might be difficult to outwrestle the bigger man.

Think that fight is off now – @MMALOTN posted something from Pearce saying he does not want to accept the fight w/such a big miss from Benitez.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

ant to

Edit: Don’t know why it quoted “ant to” but yeah, that’s annoying if he doesn’t fight.

• someclevername

Yeah, that really sucks. Benitez did not give one single F about making weight. Pretty disappointing from him.

• CityBoy410

I’m disappointed the fight is off but I don’t blame Pearce for not wanting fight.

• someclevername

Think I’m starting Merab & Botelho then idk. I don’t like it. I don’t like any card that makes me consider playing Luke Sanders.

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

I’m disappointed the fight is off but I don’t blame Pearce for not wanting fight.

I don’t blame him… but at the same time… I’m trying to recall when a fighter has ever actually done this before. It’s not a good look for either fighter.

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

I don’t blame him… but at the same time… I’m trying to recall when a fighter has ever actually done this before. It’s not a good look for either fighter.

I agree to a point but it should hurt Benitez more. Although I would have expect Pearce to take the money, the UFC shouldn’t be mad at him. This is a time where UFC are slimming down their roster and fighting on a level playing field is important for fighters

• someclevername

Just now watching the face offs – Cutelaba is such a tool lol. Bhullar a big dude, damn. Wonder if he really is that fragile. Not sure about Jiri’s hair here, think I’m gonna have to take Reyes as a dog.

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

Just now watching the face offs – Cutelaba is such a tool lol. Bhullar a big dude, damn. Wonder if he really is that fragile. Not sure about Jiri’s hair here, think I’m gonna have to take Reyes as a dog.

Yeah I’m probably taking Reyes just because of the hair.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Not sure about Jiri’s hair here, think I’m gonna have to take Reyes as a dog.

Ironically Volkan came into that Jiri fight with full hair (though balding) for the first time. Maybe that win is tainted?

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Just now watching the face offs – Cutelaba is such a tool lol

Let’s just hope we don’t have another Stephens-Klose situation and have the fight cancelled after lock. I hate to even bring that up.

• smonger19

@CityBoy410 said...

Yeah I’m probably taking Reyes just because of the hair.

I don’t see how Jiri can win with his hair. Just no, you don’t come into a fight with that hair.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

I won’t be as exposed to this main event as normal. Reyes has actually been pretty low output throughout his career and I don’t think he finishes Jiri (at all, but if he did I would think it would be late) Just not enough output from either guy. I’ll end up underweight (relative to the field) on both.

Fading the main event at all? I’m planning on making two different single-entry lineups and think I’ll have one in each, could go with Reyes in both. Right now, I’m planning on throwing in 20 lineups in a contest and am thinking to fade the main event in 5-8 of them. I haven’t gotten too far into looking at things, so that could obviously change.

• smonger19

@factorial89 said...

my live dogs-bhuilar and tj brown.

I haven’t looked too deeply into things, but I’m probably going to have a lot of TJ Brown. I’m a James Krause addict. Last week, he was in Molina’s corner. This week he’ll be in Brown’s for the first time in Brown’s career. The only recent fighter I can remember whose corner he was in that lost was Megan Anderson. And that was to Amanda Nunes, so yeah, that wasn’t going to happen. I’m pretty sure it’s selective memory on my part and he must have been in other losing fighters corners, but I’m planning on riding the Krause train again this week.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Ironically Volkan came into that Jiri fight with full hair (though balding) for the first time. Maybe that win is tainted?

Oh, man – I was soooooo confident in Oezdemir that night too lol I just knew he was gonna knock him out. I’m not nearly as confident this time so at least it won’t hurt as much if Reyes hits the deck.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

I’m pretty sure it’s selective memory on my part and he must have been in other losing fighters corners

Was he in Croom’s corner vs Caceres? Even if he was I don’t put that loss on him. That was clearly ESPN’s fault for changing Croom’s nickname.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).