STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 8th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Main Event
    Marina Rodriguez (125.5) vs Michelle Waterson (125)

Co-Main Event
    Donald Cerrone (170) vs Alex Morono (170.5)

Neil Magny (170.5) vs Geoff Neal (171)
    Maurice Greene (237) vs Marcos Rogério de Lima (264.5)
    Diego Ferreira (160.5)* vs Gregor Gillespie (156)

Prelims (ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Phil Hawes (186) vs Kyle Daukaus (186)
    Mike Trizano (146) vs Ľudovít Klein (146)
    Tafon Nchukwi (186) vs Jun Yong Park (186)
    Christian Aguilera (170.5) vs Carlston Harris (170.5)

*Ferreira missed the lightweight limit by 4.5 pounds and will be fined 30% of his purse

Benoit/Adashev OFF

Rothwell/Lins OFF

Ribas/Hill OFF

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• thevogaman

Some thoughts for Joe:

I’m assuming you’re not stacking this week (this is the final right?). I think you can fade Marina and (unless you think Waterson wins), you can probably fade both.

I have to assume Gregor Gillespie will be close to 100% owned in the final.

For me I’ll be targetting Park/Nchukwi, Hawes/Daukaus, and Aguilera/Harris as fights (with a decent lean to Nchukwi, Hawes, and Harris).

• joephoto

@thevogaman said...

Some thoughts for Joe:

I’m assuming you’re not stacking this week (this is the final right?). I think you can fade Marina and (unless you think Waterson wins), you can probably fade both.

I have to assume Gregor Gillespie will be close to 100% owned in the final.

For me I’ll be targetting Park/Nchukwi, Hawes/Daukaus, and Aguilera/Harris as fights (with a decent lean to Nchukwi, Hawes, and Harris).

Mr. Vogaman, Thank you, but I got a notice from DK that they decided to use May 15th UFC 262 for our finals.
    I will not stack fighters for the final as I try for the 1st place win. Figure I’ll need 5-6 winners. Appreciate your support very much.

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

Mr. Vogaman, Thank you, but I got a notice from DK that they decided to use May 15th UFC 262 for our finals.
    I will not stack fighters for the final as I try for the 1st place win. Figure I’ll need 5-6 winners. Appreciate your support very much.

Oh okay cool… yeah, 262 is a way better card for it too. We’ll be thinking about you for next week then.

• factorial89

re the gillespie fight this diego ferreria is one tough cat.great skills and strong striker.i got him at plus 158 at bet-on-line.also bet the fight to go 3 rds. other dogs magny and morono.p.s. just my .02c some ufc judges need to be fired for gross incompetence.some pathetic scoring.

• someclevername

Alright, Joe – one more week then til possibly 100k! From a dime! Gonna be good stuff.

• someclevername

@factorial89 said...

re the gillespie fight this diego ferreria is one tough cat.great skills and strong striker.i got him at plus 158 at bet-on-line.also bet the fight to go 3 rds. other dogs magny and morono.p.s. just my .02c some ufc judges need to be fired for gross incompetence.some pathetic scoring.

Think I’m taking CDF as a dog here too. Riddell was a much better matchup for Gregor in that he wasn’t going to offer nearly as much resistance on the mat as CDF will. He’s very dangerous there and that is where I assume Gregor wants to take it.

Ps, +1 for your ps – made me laugh and accurate.

• someclevername

Is there a fuglier fight on this card than Greene/de Lima? Jesus.

*Rothwell/Lins will be special too, but at least neither of them is 9k

• factorial89

2 questions guys does cowboy cerrone have anything left and is frankie edgar retired.

• someclevername

@factorial89 said...

2 questions guys does cowboy cerrone have anything left and is frankie edgar retired.

In my mind, Cowboy has enough left in the tank to deal w/Morono. I do not know if this will align with reality though.

Article from February: Frankie Edgar won’t retire after brutal KO loss

• CityBoy410

Does anyone knows exactly when Marina arrived in Vegas for this fight. I heard from some random place that she just got her visa Wednesday and arrived today. I’m not too sure if the source I got it from is reliable but it caught my attention. Maybe it’s not true though.

• jki7p6

@someclevername said...

Ryan Benoit vs Zarrukh Adashev

Benoit looked terrible. Fight is off

• jki7p6

Most hype for Aguliera/Harris. Gregor is one of my favorites too but this fight going to decision.

Strange card.

• someclevername

CDF 4.5 pounds over, wtf man

• someclevername

Lins not medically cleared to compete so that fight is off. Everything is going really well today

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Does anyone knows exactly when Marina arrived in Vegas for this fight. I heard from some random place that she just got her visa Wednesday and arrived today. I’m not too sure if the source I got it from is reliable but it caught my attention. Maybe it’s not true though.

This ESPN article says:

“After showing valid credentials, Rodriguez was finally allowed to get on board. It took 20 hours of travel, including layovers in Sao Paulo and Houston, but she finally made it to Las Vegas at 11 a.m. Thursday morning.”

That sounds turrible.

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

This ESPN article says:

“After showing valid credentials, Rodriguez was finally allowed to get on board. It took 20 hours of travel, including layovers in Sao Paulo and Houston, but she finally made it to Las Vegas at 11 a.m. Thursday morning.”

That sounds turrible.

Waterson is looking a little better with that info.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Think I’m taking CDF as a dog here too. Riddell was a much better matchup for Gregor in that he wasn’t going to offer nearly as much resistance on the mat as CDF will. He’s very dangerous there and that is where I assume Gregor wants to take it.

I’m not sure what to think now. I wouldn’t be too concerned over the big weight miss for CDF except that I heard (didn’t see) that he looked bad at weigh-ins, like he may have actually been trying to make weight.

Also, in his pre-fight interview, he said something like “he can take me down, but can’t keep me down and I’ll get up swinging” which I read as “Gillespie can pile up the points with takedowns if I don’t knock him out”.

I think I’ll have more Gregor than I originally intended to.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Is there a fuglier fight on this card than Greene/de Lima? Jesus.

Looking at this, it is simple. de Lima’s last 10 fights have went WLWLWLWLWL, so that obviously means that a W will come to keep up the pattern. And the Crochet Boss will not want to disrupt a pattern as I’m guessing patterns are important in crocheting.

I really don’t want to take either, but am afraid one will be needed to win.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Lins not medically cleared to compete so that fight is off. Everything is going really well today

At least these were two of the fights I was least looking forward too.

• smonger19

@CityBoy410 said...

Waterson is looking a little better with that info.

I was liking Waterson a bit before this. I wasn’t sure how much stock to put into Rodriguez tiring the last few times she had gotten to a third round. I wasn’t going to put a lot behind it, but this being the first time she’ll go five rounds I was going to consider it a little. This travel problem couldn’t be good for her.

Also, this will be the Karate Hottie’s third five rounder, so she has been there before (not with good results). That got me wondering who has been in the most main events starting with Waterson’s first one. Only three fighters have been in four main events and I’m not going to give them out yet, so:

TRIVIA: Which three fighters have been in four main events since October 12, 2019?

Also, I’m pretty sure that Waterson is the only woman fighter in more than one main event. That must mean she’s the best.

• smonger19

Checking out the pictures from weigh ins….Phil Hawes going with the Brunson look….big swing in his favor

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Checking out the pictures from weigh ins….Phil Hawes going with the Brunson look….big swing in his favor

And Daukaus looks like Sandhagen lol

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

I’m not sure what to think now. I wouldn’t be too concerned over the big weight miss for CDF except that I heard (didn’t see) that he looked bad at weigh-ins, like he may have actually been trying to make weight.

Also, in his pre-fight interview, he said something like “he can take me down, but can’t keep me down and I’ll get up swinging” which I read as “Gillespie can pile up the points with takedowns if I don’t knock him out”.

I think I’ll have more Gregor than I originally intended to.

Yeah, I’m not sure what to do now. He did look bad at weigh-ins (not Benoit bad, but still). It wasn’t like a Gabriel Benitez miss where he’s flexing and smiling – Diego was looking a little rough.

Ferreira weigh-in timestamped

• thevogaman

@smonger19 said...

TRIVIA: Which three fighters have been in four main events since October 12, 2019?

I’m certain Usman is one of the 3. Maybe the Reem?

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Feels like Gaethje is in there. Maybe Adesanya? Recency bias makes me want to say Kevin Holland lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).