Virna Jandiroba vs Kanako Murata
    Matthew Semelsberger vs Khaos Williams
    Josh Parisian vs Roque Martinez
    Joaquim Silva vs Ricky Glenn
    Lara Procópio vs Casey O’Neill

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• thevogaman

I usually love when the main event is $8200/$8000, but I get the vibe that this one could be a good standup fight with almost no grappling. Could be huge leverage on the field to be underweight to the main event. I would think that the Semelsberger/Ox Fighter scrap is the fight to target the most.

Lots of live dogs (who might have better DFS upside than the favorite) in: O’Neill, Brown, & Grant. Kind of curious if Wellington Turman will employ the same tactic of eating clean power punches to the jaw and overextending the whole time. This Bruno Silva hits harder than Andrew Sanchez and seems like he could be live for the quick win bonus.

Also, I’ve been tailing the joephoto method and won 2 (and a 1/2) tickets to the UFC 264 contest playing some $0.10 NBA Showdown satellites.

• someclevername

Me after the Maia fight: Man, I have GOT to stop playing these old, slow, washed up (sorry, Demian) fighters. Going to turn over a new leaf. Not going to make this mistake next time.

Me next time: Man, Oleinik is cheap! I know he’s old and slow and washed up, but I think he’s got one more Ezekiel in him!

• joephoto

Almost maxed out DK MMA Achievements (they end June 30).
    51/52- I won’t be able to reach the highest “Fast Finisher” for 5K more Crowns.

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

Almost maxed out DK MMA Achievements (they end June 30).
    51/52- I won’t be able to reach the highest “Fast Finisher” for 5K more Crowns.

Yeah, I’m nowhere close to that one but got the rest of the crowns. We really haven’t gotten as many quick win bonuses as I thought we would over this stretch though.

Joaquim Silva/Rick Glenn is a fight that’s going underowned that seems like it could score really well. Netto BJJ has been a favorite of mine since that Jared Gordon fight and I remember an interview with Vinc Pichel years ago talking about how strong and hard to control he was. For a shredded, muscular guy he has really good cardio, too. I think somebody gets finished by (at least) the 2nd round. And when did it become Ricky Glenn?

Why is Davey Grant such a big dog against Vera here? People think Chito getting a sub or what? I know he’s a lot better than the first time, but so is Grant. I think Grant is still bigger, stronger, hits harder, etc. Leg kicks maybe? Just don’t understand the line.

• pastabolicles

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, I’m nowhere close to that one but got the rest of the crowns. We really haven’t gotten as many quick win bonuses as I thought we would over this stretch though.

Joaquim Silva/Rick Glenn is a fight that’s going underowned that seems like it could score really well. Netto BJJ has been a favorite of mine since that Jared Gordon fight and I remember an interview with Vinc Pichel years ago talking about how strong and hard to control he was. For a shredded, muscular guy he has really good cardio, too. I think somebody gets finished by (at least) the 2nd round. And when did it become Ricky Glenn?

Why is Davey Grant such a big dog against Vera here? People think Chito getting a sub or what? I know he’s a lot better than the first time, but so is Grant. I think Grant is still bigger, stronger, hits harder, etc. Leg kicks maybe? Just don’t understand the line.

There have been 11 fighters with a QWB. I loved that they implemented the idea, because it sucked getting an early guillotine submission off being taken down and only scoring 90 pts for a dominant win.. But there have been a few fighters that won within 5 seconds after the first minute, and a handful within the first 75 seconds They really ought to have made it at least 90 seconds, given there’s often a good 30 seconds of feeling out.. Or preferably, make it the first half of RD1, so you cover an early win completely. IF they did that, the number only goes to 24 QWBs.

Most importantly, I think they need to start scoring victories for fighters who have their opponents pull out of the fight after lock. If they get a panic attack and quit, get hurt warming up, or whatever, they deserve the 0. The opponent does not. Give them a DNS bonus of at least 50 points.. It doesn’t break any bank, usually won’t even be optimal unless it’s a very cheap fighter.

• pastabolicles

Also WTF are the 6/5 DK tournament results Roto? I had my biggest win on that card and you’re not counting those yets?

• thevogaman

@pastabolicles said...

They really ought to have made it at least 90 seconds, given there’s often a good 30 seconds of feeling out.. Or preferably, make it the first half of RD1, so you cover an early win completely. IF they did that, the number only goes to 24 QWBs.

I personally wish they didn’t even add it, since it’s completely random and has far less to do with some great performance than just something big lands on the first exchange. I mean one of the 11 was Uriah Hall for checking a kick.

I’d like one bad decision bonus per card for when the judges just get it completely wrong. That and 15 points for a draw.

• Dookie

Guys got any opinions on either Choi or procopio for last spot?

• thevogaman

@Dookie said...

Guys got any opinions on either Choi or procopio for last spot?

I’d play Procopio (or elsr O’Neill) if it was last spot and didn’t have that fight.

• mandrzejewski

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

I’d play Choi in GPP’s and Procopio in cash (though personally I don’t play cash). I do have exposure to both but if it was one single entry GPP I’d side with Choi.

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

Me after the Maia fight: Man, I have GOT to stop playing these old, slow, washed up (sorry, Demian) fighters. Going to turn over a new leaf. Not going to make this mistake next time.

Me next time: Man, Oleinik is cheap! I know he’s old and slow and washed up, but I think he’s got one more Ezekiel in him!

Me every week: Stop picking fighters under 25 years old!

Also me: Well technically Camur IS 25 so …

• thedkexperience

@thevogaman said...

I personally wish they didn’t even add it, since it’s completely random and has far less to do with some great performance than just something big lands on the first exchange. I mean one of the 11 was Uriah Hall for checking a kick.

I’d like one bad decision bonus per card for when the judges just get it completely wrong. That and 15 points for a draw.

In his defense that was one hell of a checked kick.

• thedkexperience

@thevogaman said...

I’d play Procopio (or elsr O’Neill) if it was last spot and didn’t have that fight.

That early ladies bout looks like a coin flip to me. That said, I think there are a few mismatches tonight that aren’t reflected too well in the odds.

For the record I’m on Team Zombie, Khaos is in some trouble and if Lima doesn’t win handily I give up.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

And when did it become Ricky Glenn?

“Rick. Rick. Richard. He was little Ricky when he was 12 years old!”

I thought it was a different guy at first. Isn’t he going up to LW from FW too? I’m taking Silva here.

• iron_tactics

Why are people talking about Spivac like he’s Curtis Blaydes, Overeem, Dauskaus, Derrick Lewis, and Walt Harris?

• iron_tactics

Anyone else worried about where Zombie’s head is at?

• BigDaddy123

@thedkexperience said...

Me every week: Stop picking fighters under 25 years old!

Also me: Well technically Camur IS 25 so …

also me – stop playing fighters under 25% ownership since dumb chalk always hits anyway

• smonger19

@thedkexperience said...

That early ladies bout looks like a coin flip to me

I think it’s a coin flip too….but I do think it will be high scoring one way or the other. I went heavier on O’Neill. I’m guessing the winner will be in the optimal with about 110 points.

• thedkexperience

@iron_tactics said...

Why are people talking about Spivac like he’s Curtis Blaydes, Overeem, Dauskaus, Derrick Lewis, and Walt Harris?

I’m on the Spivac train but it’s mostly because of Father Time.

• thedkexperience

@smonger19 said...

I think it’s a coin flip too….but I do think it will be high scoring one way or the other. I went heavier on O’Neill. I’m guessing the winner will be in the optimal with about 110 points.

Yup, see it similarly.

• iron_tactics

@thedkexperience said...

I’m on the Spivac train but it’s mostly because of Father Time.

I think he wins too, I just think it’s more likely by a decision. I’m hoping i’m right about his fight IQ and he doesn’t do a dive into an “Aleksei sprawl Anaconda Lol Game Over Duck Your Lineups” win.

• iron_tactics

Anyways, my calls:
    Zombie KO
    Spivak DEC
    Vera DEC
    Choi KO
    Turman SUB
    Lima KO
    Negumereanu SUB
    Jandiroba DEC
    Williams KO
    Martinez Controversial DEC
    Silva DEC
    Procopio DEC

If you’re on the complete other side of me, enjoy 1st place for 100k tonight

• smonger19

@iron_tactics said...

I think he wins too, I just think it’s more likely by a decision. I’m hoping i’m right about his fight IQ and he doesn’t do a dive into an “Aleksei sprawl Anaconda Lol Game Over Duck Your Lineups” win.

I’m counting on his fight IQ to be there. I can see an high 90s score in a decision which isn’t great at his price, but I think he is a lot safer than all the other high price fighters with just as much upside.

• smonger19

Good luck one and all…..may we all fare better than I did last weekend (I’m not setting the bar very high).

• iron_tactics

Oh snap, I have a ton of Choi. Erosa gonna get a 1080 backflip upside chunli spinning bird kick KO and set a KO record. Then DK is gonna send Roseanne Barr to my house dressed as a clown to speed kick me square in the leather coin bag.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).