STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, July 24th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Main Event
    Cory Sandhagen (136) vs TJ Dillashaw (136)

Co-Main Event
    Kyler Phillips (135.5) vs Raulian Paiva (135.5)

Darren Elkins (146) vs Darrick Minner (145.5)
    Maycee Barber (125.5) vs Miranda Maverick (125.5)
    Adrian Yanez (135.5) vs Randy Costa (135)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 3pm CT)

Punahele Soriano (185.5) vs Brendan Allen (185.5)
    Ian Heinisch (185.5) vs Nassourdine Imavov (185.5)
    Mickey Gall (169.5) vs Jordan Williams (170.5)
    Julio Arce (135.5) vs Andre Ewell (135)
    Sijara Eubanks (125) vs Elise Reed (125)
    Diana Belbiţă (114.5) vs Hannah Goldy (115.5)

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• joephoto

Knockout Kings

NOTE: Enter the 20 person contest this week, as the 200 entry would never fill.
    DK will re-size a 20 person contest down if/ when necessary.

• gje627

Hey Joe ….

Thanks for the invite !!!

I joined your league, though I may not be able to play this weekend, if that’s okay, as I may need to be out-of-state on a short trip.

With that said, I’ll do my best to play as much as possible.

Thanks again. :)

• smonger19

Thanks for setting this up Joe, should be fun!!

• joephoto

@gje627 said...

Hey Joe ….

Thanks for the invite !!!

I joined your league, though I may not be able to play this weekend, if that’s okay, as I may need to be out-of-state on a short trip.

With that said, I’ll do my best to play as much as possible.

Thanks again. :)

Knockout Kings . I tried to invite all who posted last week, but not all use Draftkings I guess.
    My first time doing this. Hope I did it right.

Enter 20 person contest this week.

• gje627

And to think I thought I was “special” …. LOL.

I’ve never set a league up before, but as far as I can tell everything looks perfect to me.

• Johnsloop

Lots of line movement. It looks like DK adjusted to it before pricing. Any spots you guys think the books got right the first time?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I’m in! Last week went poorly so hoping to bounceback this week. Probably good this thing is a 50/50 for me. Good luck and thank you.

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

Knockout Kings . I tried to invite all who posted last week, but not all use Draftkings I guess.
    My first time doing this. Hope I did it right.

Enter 20 person contest this week.

And I’m bringing a tournament style lineup that I’ll also put in the $18 tournament.

• hbomb57

@joephoto said...

NOTE: Enter the 20 person contest this week as my attempt at 200 never would have went.
    DK will re-size the 20 person contest down if/ when necessary

Send me an invite I’ll join. I only post when I am winning so you understand my limited visibility.

• thevogaman

@Johnsloop said...

Lots of line movement. It looks like DK adjusted to it before pricing. Any spots you guys think the books got right the first time?

Dillashaw +130, Elkins -150, Imavov -105, Costa +145 all seem more correct than what they currently are.

• gje627

Significant Upsets?:

Looking at some of the larger underdogs, based on comps from past fights there is a very high likelihood that at least one of Raulian Paiva (DK 7000/No Vig 30.20%), Andre Ewell (DK 7100/No Vig 35.71%), and/or Randy Costa (DK 7200/No Vig 33.64%) win on Saturday. Of the remaining dogs, I believe all are live except for Elise Reed.

Three Biggest Fight Card Unknowns:

1. Can Sijara Eubanks make weight?
    2. How much has an old, drug-free(?) TJ Dillashaw declined after a two and one-half year layoff?
    3. Is Maycee Barber the biggest bust in Women’s MMA since Paige Vanzant?

Stat of the Week: Of the four fighters with the biggest reach advantages on this card, three are currently underdogs … Diana Belbita, Macy Chiasson, Andre Ewell. Respectively, these fighters have reach advantages of 111.48%, 109.09%, and 107.14% expressed as a percentage of their opponents reach; all easily within realm of statistical signifance in terms of favoring the longer fighters.

Interesting Fact: On fight day, the combined age of TJ Dillashaw, Sijara Eubanks, and Darren Elkins (3 fighters) will be 108.96 years (39,771 days); whereas the combined age of Miranda Maverick, Maycee Barber, Nassourdine Imavov, and Diane Belbita (4 fighters) will only be 97.79 years (35,692 days).

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

Three Biggest Fight Card Unknowns:

1. Can Sijara Eubanks make weight?
    2. How much has an old, drug-free(?) TJ Dillashaw declined after a two and one-half year layoff?
    3. Is Maycee Barber the biggest bust in Women’s MMA since Paige Vanzant?

Thanks for posting all of this, gje – always bringing great info!

My guesses:

1. Yes, but w/the towel/box of shame and she’ll look terrible

2. A lot (I HOPE – going Sandhagen). Sidenote: does anyone believe TJ when he says he only used EPO to cut weight for the Cejudo fight? Or do you think he was taking his vitamins before this (as Garbrandt alleged)?

3. I think too early to say. She’s only 23 and so far her losses are to a perpetually underrated Roxanne (she was losing for sure, but did get injured) & Grasso (her first fight back from said injury). Plus she fought about the dumbest fight she could vs Grasso until the 3rd. I’m not a huge Barber fan, but I hope she’s learned & been addressing the holes in her game cos she has a killer instinct, is tough & hits hard. She really could be something. Maverick, despite that horrible nickname, has looked pretty impressive so far. I am really looking forward to this one, should be a great scrap.

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

based on comps from past fights there is a very high likelihood that at least one of Raulian Paiva (DK 7000/No Vig 30.20%), Andre Ewell (DK 7100/No Vig 35.71%), and/or Randy Costa (DK 7200/No Vig 33.64%) win on Saturday.

I sure hope it’s Costa cos I’m leaning his way – that fight should be a banger & strong contender for FOTN

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Plus she fought about the dumbest fight she could vs Grasso until the 3rd. I’m not a huge Barber fan, but I hope she’s learned & been addressing the holes in her game cos she has a killer instinct, is tough & hits hard. She really could be something.

I thought her crisp 1-2s and feints when she was legit 10 feet away from Grasso was an interesting technique. Like maybe Maverick wont know what to do and will just run face first into a jab.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I thought her crisp 1-2s and feints when she was legit 10 feet away from Grasso was an interesting technique. Like maybe Maverick wont know what to do and will just run face first into a jab.

But you admit they were CRISP though?

• someclevername

Artist’s representation of Barber in the Grasso fight:

• gje627

I think Eubanks misses, and then the question is will Reed be willing to fight at catchweight maybe 2 to 4 pounds over the limit? My guess would be “yes”, but only because as a debut fighter she’ll feel pressure to stay in the fight to get in Dana White’s good graces. Regardless, I imagine Eubanks will be at least 20 pounds heavier than Reed come fight time.

I agree on Dillashaw but have no idea about Garbrandt’s allegations, as Garbrandt’s pretty much a moron in my book. Also, very much agree on Sandhagen. He’s definitely in the top tier of my favorite MMA fighters.

Good points on Barber. My thoughts in posing the question were that it was an either/or question … meaning she’s either already or bust or a future star/title holder … but I see your point with giving her more time to mature … though I fear that Maverick is too tough a test with Barber coming off consecutive losses.

Thanks also for bringing up Roxanne. Rumors by those in the know in social media, etc. were that Roxanne was going to (or already has) retired but I noticed that she’s scheduled to face Tatiana Suarez on September 25th (UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega).

Can’t wait !!! :)

My two favorite moments in recent UFC history?

1. Khabib totally embarrassing Conor McGregor on the mat … and then proceeding to beat the sh*t out Conor’s entire entourage post-fight.

2. Roxanne at +650 beating Maycee Barber at -1000 … not that I dislike Barber at all, but because Roxanne is my all-time Women’s MMA favorite.

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

but have no idea about Garbrandt’s allegations, as Garbrandt’s pretty much a moron in my book.

That’s why I tend to believe him lol he just doesn’t have the smarts to be savvy enough to manipulate a narrative. He’s been saying it for a long time – way before TJ popped. Who knows though – as a wise philosopher once said, “Everybody’s on steroids”.

My main thought is – if TJ really only did it once, to cut down to flyweight, then he won’t be as affected coming back. If he did them his whole career, or for a long stretch, prob gonna be a bigger deal coming back to BW at 35 years old. And that’s IF – as you pointed out – he’s even off them. Lotta variables there, prob best to focus on how they match up.

Love Roxanne too! She’s the quintessential underdog. So easy to root for, great personality – good people, good egg. I hope she’s not legit fighting Tatiana Suarez though – I fear she gets smeshed there. But even if she does she’ll have a great attitude and be respectful. Barber obviously looked past her in their matchup and even though I had her in my lineup , it was very satisfying to see Roxy win that one.

• gje627

@someclevername said...

I hope she’s not legit fighting Tatiana Suarez though – I fear she gets smeshed there.

She is … and thanks for raining on my parade …. :(

BTW … it’s against RG’s TOS to post a GIF without accompanying text. To prevent further abuses, I made sure to report you. :)

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

She is … and thanks for raining on my parade …. :(

One of the things I’ve learned watching MMA is this: Never underestimate The Happy Warrior! The girl knows how to pull off a huge upset. Keep the faith!

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

BTW … it’s against RG’s TOS to post a GIF without accompanying text. To prevent further abuses, I made sure to report you. :)

LOL fixed!

• gje627

Agree 100%.

If I were I in the UFC, I would call myself “The Disgruntled Warrior”.

• gje627

@someclevername said...

LOL fixed!

Yeah … I guess the “fix” is acceptable.

Actually, before I looked I thought I’d see … “Accompanying Text, Accompanying Text, Accompanying Text. ….”

God I love GIFs … as they truly are humanity’s purest and most honest form of expression !!!

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

If I were I in the UFC, I would call myself “The Disgruntled Warrior”.

With the way the UFC pays out, I’d estimate 70-80% of the roster could have this nickname lol the next “Pitbull”

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

Actually, before I looked I thought I’d see … “Accompanying Text, Accompanying Text, Accompanying Text. ….”

God I love GIFs … as they truly are humanity’s purest and most honest form of expression !!!

Second time recently I’ve whiffed on an easy joke – I mean it was right there. “Accompanying Text”. Feeling pretty low right now.

Gje – you are one of my favorite posters of all time on this website, but I’ll never understand what you have against GIFs lol they’re fun! Come on! Isn’t it a little fun? Just a bit?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).