STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, July 31st, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 8pm CT)

Main Event
    Uriah Hall (185.5) vs Sean Strickland (185)

Co-Main Event
    Gloria de Paula (115.5) vs Cheyanne Buys (116)

Niklas Stolze (170.5) vs Jared Gooden (171)
    Collin Anglin (146) vs Melsik Baghdasaryan (145.5)
    Bryan Barberena (170.5) vs Jason Witt (170.5)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 5:30pm CT)

Chris Gruetzemacher (156) vs Rafa García (154)
    Danny Chavez (145.5) vs Kai Kamaka (144.5)
    Ashley Yoder (116) vs Jinh Yu Frey (115.5)
    Ryan Benoit (126) vs Zarrukh Adashev (125.5)
    Orion Cosce (170.5) vs Phil Rowe (173.5)*

*Rowe missed the welterweight limit by 2.5 pounds and will forfeit 20% of his purse

Kang/Yahya OFF

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• thevogaman

Lazzez out already. Stolze free square maybe?

Edit: Nm… Jared Gooden.

• mnstone14

barbarena at 9600 is insane

• jki7p6

Nicco well never make it to fight day, hope they have a backup.

• NewMike

@thevogaman said...

Edit: Nm… Jared Gooden.

Early lines has Stolze at -200, he might end up being the free square this week. Not sure if I’ll have him in my lineup, though.

• thevogaman

The Ronnie Lawrence/Trevin Jones matchup seems like the fight to target. I think I’ll be 65% Lawrence and 30% Jones.

Hard for me to trust a $9300 Strickland to make the optimal with a boxing-based decision against a good counter-striker that starts slow. I’ll probably keep my exposure low for both of them.

• joephoto

Knockout Kings – Put in your best lineup this week.
    Only pays 1st and 2nd place.

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

The Ronnie Lawrence/Trevin Jones matchup seems like the fight to target. I think I’ll be 65% Lawrence and 30% Jones.

Hard for me to trust a $9300 Strickland to make the optimal with a boxing-based decision against a good counter-striker that starts slow. I’ll probably keep my exposure low for both of them.

I’m right there with you on the Lawrence vs Jones matchup.

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Holding crystals, burning sage & thinking positive thoughts cos If she makes it to Saturday I’m absolutely playing her.

• CityBoy410

So is the UFC 265 card headlined by a interim heavyweight tittle fight and if so, how should Amanda Nunes feel about that?

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

So is the UFC 265 card headlined by a interim heavyweight tittle fight and if so, how should Amanda Nunes feel about that?

It’s a good card, but nobody is paying to see Nunes squash Pena. I don’t think we’ll see Nunes as a PPV headliner again unless it’s a rematch with Valentina. Is what it is.

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

Early lines has Stolze at -200, he might end up being the free square this week. Not sure if I’ll have him in my lineup, though.

Yeah, the line has pretty much held up, too. It seems like more of a pick ‘em to me. Curious what salary Gooden gets. They might both end up being free squares…. or like 2 50% Off-squares.

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

It’s a good card, but nobody is paying to see Nunes squash Pena. I don’t think we’ll see Nunes as a PPV headliner again unless it’s a rematch with Valentina. Is what it is.

Yeah I know that fight can’t be the main PPV fight, it’s just crazy the the Female Goat of MMA can’t get a PPV headliner. I’m sure she’s getting paid well enough to satisfy her I guess.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Yeah I know that fight can’t be the main PPV fight, it’s just crazy the the Female Goat of MMA can’t get a PPV headliner. I’m sure she’s getting paid well enough to satisfy her I guess.

Nunes has headlined 4 PPVs as champ, but only 1 did the numbers UFC are looking for (vs Rousey). Very few people can sell a PPV alone. Shev remains her only real competition, but those 2 fights weren’t terribly exciting. A rematch vs Cyborg could have been interesting, but oh well.

Not breaking news, but it really is remarkable how many times you see McGregor at the top of this list

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

Nunes has headlined 4 PPVs as champ, but only 1 did the numbers UFC are looking for (vs Rousey). Very few people can sell a PPV alone. Shev remains her only real competition, but those 2 fights weren’t terribly exciting. A rematch vs Cyborg could have been interesting, but oh well.

Not breaking news, but it really is remarkable how many times you see McGregor at the top of this list

Well Nunes is out of the fight now so I guess it’s a good thing she wasn’t headlining this card.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Well Nunes is out of the fight now so I guess it’s a good thing she wasn’t headlining this card.

Didn’t even see that – son of a bishhh

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

They might both end up being free squares…. or like 2 50% Off-squares.

Stolze 7k & Gooden 6.8k :0

• CityBoy410

I have Montano in a few of my lineups but that weigh in got me thinking about swapping her out.

• yisman

two fights just got pulled from the card

Nicco Montaño vs Wu Yanan
    Trevin Jones vs Ronnie Lawrence

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

• CityBoy410

@yisman said...

two fights just got pulled from the card

Nicco Montaño vs Wu Yanan

I seen that Montano fight being pulled once I saw the weigh ins

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

I seen that Montano fight being pulled once I saw the weigh ins

She only missed by 7 pounds, what’s the big deal?

• someclevername

@yisman said...

Et tu, Ronnie? Damn it!

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

She only missed by 7 pounds, what’s the big deal?

You seen her when she got on the scales? I knew it was a wrap then.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

You seen her when she got on the scales? I knew it was a wrap then.

Yeah, she looked like a zombie. Not great! Seven pounds is ludicrous – will be shocked if she doesn’t get cut.

I didn’t get to watch them live, but when I saw the mma junkie headline of 2 fights off it was like ok Nicco and who? Thought maybe Benoit or Gooden, definitely wasn’t expecting it to be Ronnie Lawrence. Major bummer. I’m going to end up playing Buys or something now.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Where is Garcia on DK? They have his opponent Greutchenzuzjkdk whatever but no Garcia.

Edit: Ha. Found him, in my lineup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).