STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, August 21st, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Jared Cannonier (185) vs Kelvin Gastelum (186)

Co-Main Event
    Clay Guida (155) vs Mark Madsen (156)

Chase Sherman (256) vs Parker Porter (262)
    Trevin Jones (135) vs Saidyokub Kakhramonov (138.5)*
    Vinc Pichel (155.5) vs Austin Hubbard (156)
    Alexandre Pantoja (126) vs Brandon Royval (125.5)

Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Luis Saldaña (146) vs Austin Lingo (145.5)
    Brian Kelleher (136) vs Domingo Pilarte (136)
    Bea Malecki (135) vs Josiane Nunes (136)
    William Knight (206) vs Fabio Cherant (205)
    Roosevelt Roberts (154.5) vs Ignacio Bahamondes (154)
    Ramiz Brahimaj (171) vs Sasha Palatnikov (170)

*Kakhramonov missed the bantamweight limit by 2.5 pounds and forfeits 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Like how does Guida win here?

Sheer guts & determination… lol.

I don’t expect there to be much, but any time on the feet… Clay gonna be much busier. HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT THESE JUDGES HAVE DONE IN THE PAST, SIR?

I’m not betting it all on The Carpenter here. Madsen is for sure the favorite for more than one reason, but I think Guida is going to give him a much tougher fight than he had vs Belluardo or “Thud”. He might get run over, he’s supposed to, but for such a cheap price I might have to take the shot. And I might end up crying about it lol nothing new for me. I own stock in Kleenex.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Also, how crazy was it that Parisian was the $9000 fighter there lol

He (Parisian) was favored against Roque Martinez and probably should have lost that one too.

I’m not saying Sherman is a fade or anything… its heavyweight and they both suck. But Sherman doesn’t move his big old head off the center when he punches so he’ll probably eat a lot of shots.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

but I think Guida is going to give him a much tougher fight than he had vs Belluardo or “Thud”.

I’d favor Thud over the Carpenter if they fought.

Grit and savvy go along way in this game so who knows, but I actually think Madsen knocks Guida out on the feet.

I’d say my average lineup for this card leaves $1000+ on the table. Legit everyone is live.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

He (Parisian) was favored against Roque Martinez and probably should have lost that one too.

I’m not saying Sherman is a fade or anything… its heavyweight and they both suck. But Sherman doesn’t move his big old head off the center when he punches so he’ll probably eat a lot of shots.

He (Parisian) should have absolutely lost that Martinez fight, imo. How does he keep getting a minus in front of his name?

You are right about Sherman not moving his big old head lol lookin’ like he’s impersonating a piece of Stonehenge out there. I’m gonna end up playing him, but I hear you. Neither are special, prob smart to take the savings.

You seem to have a pretty good bead on some of these WMMA matchups – what are your thoughts on Malecki/Nunes (if any)? I really want to avoid this, but if you have a strong lean either way, I could be in. Your track record here is strong.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I’d favor Thud over the Carpenter if they fought.

I disagree IF Guida went wrestling heavy from the jump & stayed the course. If he wanted to hang around on the feet, then he loses a definitive 30-27. I feel like the community win here is we’ll never see this fight.

• gje627

First pass through ….

Kelvin Gastelum over Jared Cannonier
    Clay Guida over Mark Madsen
    Chase Sherman over Parker Porter
    Alexandre Pantoja over Brandon Royval
    Vinc Pichel over Austin Hubbard
    Brian Kelleher over Domingo Pilarte
    Trevin Jones over Saidyokub Kakhramonov
    Austin Lingo over Luis Saldana
    William Knight over Fabio Cherant
    Ramiz Brahimaj over Sasha Palatnikov
    Bea Malecki over Josiane Nunes
    Roosevelt Roberts over Ignacio Bahamondes

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

This one is funny to me cos no one who has played Roosevelt Roberts ever wants to play him again. I mean, he prob wins here, but I can’t imagine he’s that popular lol. So many bad feelings.

• gje627

@someclevername said...

This one is funny to me cos no one who has played Roosevelt Roberts ever wants to play him again. I mean, he prob wins here, but I can’t imagine he’s that popular lol. So many bad feelings.

I agree, though to be honest I’m no more uncomfortable with playing Roberts than I am with playing any other figther on this card. Generally, on tight cards with close fights I find myself wanting to play both fighters in too many fights. For the most part this week, I’m finding that I don’t want to play either fighter in most of the fights.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

You seem to have a pretty good bead on some of these WMMA matchups – what are your thoughts on Malecki/Nunes (if any)? I really want to avoid this, but if you have a strong lean either way, I could be in. Your track record here is strong.

No read at all. Malecki is chalk (highest projected) and I’d like to fade it, but it’s scary when there really aren’t any good pay up options.

I liked Nunes against Fairn but only to fade Fairn. I’ll probably go 30% Malecki and 20% Nunes just because it’s such a low level fight and one of them will probably look severely outmatched.

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

No read at all. Malecki is chalk (highest projected) and I’d like to fade it, but it’s scary when there really aren’t any good pay up options.

I liked Nunes against Fairn but only to fade Fairn. I’ll probably go 30% Malecki and 20% Nunes just because it’s such a low level fight and one of them will probably look severely outmatched.

I’m gonna play Nunes and hope she gets a knockout. #Yolo

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

For the most part this week, I’m finding that I don’t want to play either fighter in most of the fights.

Right? I’ve talked myself into a 39 year old Clay Guida & a $9200 Chase Sherman lol tomorrow is going to go great.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Right? I’ve talked myself into a 39 year old Clay Guida & a $9200 Chase Sherman lol tomorrow is going to go great.

You’re kind of on a heater… so I’ll tail that stack in my non-Madsen lineups.

• Neilj907

So probably gonna be out of service as this thing starts ha I should just withdrawal all, but which fight is gonna get cancelled?

• gje627

If interested, a link to some numbers below. Please note, there are three tables. To download, copy, or print simply click the correct bottom at the top right of each table. Please advise if you have questions or discover an error.

• gje627

Second pass through ….

Only one change (highlighted below). Very disappointed with Gastelum’s weigh-in and Cannonier was one of the few fighters who looked great.

Jared Cannonier over Kelvin Gastelum
    Clay Guida over Mark Madsen
    Chase Sherman over Parker Porter
    Alexandre Pantoja over Brandon Royval
    Vinc Pichel over Austin Hubbard
    Brian Kelleher over Domingo Pilarte
    Trevin Jones over Saidyokub Kakhramonov
    Austin Lingo over Luis Saldana
    William Knight over Fabio Cherant
    Ramiz Brahimaj over Sasha Palatnikov
    Bea Malecki over Josiane Nunes

• thedkexperience

I’m definitely debating fading the main event. Just seems like a medium scoring decision for whoever wins.

Regardless, enjoy like my 4th consecutive donation. I’ll be watching a Dead show in Philly at fight time and will probably miss out on a late scratch … again.

Edit … reluctantly took Gastelum as a price saver.

• thedkexperience

“Considering Guida… is it time for me to self-exclude on DK?”

This is my favorite quip in a month or two. Quitters never win my dude.

• thedkexperience

@thevogaman said...

You’re kind of on a heater… so I’ll tail that stack in my non-Madsen lineups.

He and I pick wildly different outcomes each week. Stands to reason that in a month where I’m like 8-18 in my picks that someclevername would be killing it. Haha.

For the record I’m big on Nunes, hopefully by KO. WMMA is crazy.

• NewMike

Thinking about putting Knight in my cash LU, Cherant wore sunglasses, right?

And after hearing how terrible Madsen’s last year has been, I’m definitely on Guida. Multiple surgeries, wife gets diagnosed with MS, gets COVID (don’t think it was that bad, though) and had to move because of a black mold infestation in his house.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Starting to really hate building lines for this card. Might end up with more stacks than I usually go with, since I don’t want to make a decision.

• thevogaman

@thedkexperience said...

Regardless, enjoy like my 4th consecutive donation. I’ll be watching a Dead show in Philly at fight time and will probably miss out on a late scratch … again.

I have to go to a wedding reception at 5:00 and will probably miss out as well. I probably should have faded this card entirely.

• m994770

@someclevername said...

I have a gross amount of Sherman. Like…really gross…

• m994770

@NewMike said...

Thinking about putting Knight in my cash LU, Cherant wore sunglasses, right?

And after hearing how terrible Madsen’s last year has been, I’m definitely on Guida. Multiple surgeries, wife gets diagnosed with MS, gets COVID (don’t think it was that bad, though) and had to move because of a black mold infestation in his house.

Solid logic! :)

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Geezus – well, won’t hate it if he wins. Dude needs something good to happen!

• someclevername

@m994770 said...

I have a gross amount of Sherman. Like…really gross…

I have 1 lineup and it’s a gross amount of Sherman lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).