STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, August 28th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Edson Barboza (145) vs Giga Chikadze (145.5)

Co-Main Event
    Bryan Battle (185.5) vs Gilbert Urbina (186)

Ricky Turcios (135) vs Brady Hiestand (135.5)
    Kevin Lee (170.5) vs Daniel Rodriguez (171)
    Andre Petroski (185.5) vs Micheal Gillmore (184)
    Gerald Meerschaert (185) vs Makhmud Muradov (184.5)

Prelims (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Abdul Razak Alhassan (185.5) vs Alessio Di Chirico (185.5)
    Sam Alvey (185.5) vs Wellington Turman (185.5)
    Dustin Jacoby (203.5) vs Darren Stewart (204.5)
    JJ Aldrich (125) vs Vanessa Demopoulos (125.5)
    Pat Sabatini (145.5) vs Jamall Emmers (145.5)
    Mana Martinez (140)* vs Guido Cannetti (135.5)

*Martinez missed the bantamweight limit by 4 pounds and will forfeit 30% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

WAR BARBOZAAAAAAAA!!!

(I am playing Edson Barboza)

• factorial89

some heavy chalk on this card.

• thevogaman

Just wanted to comment that Meerschaert and Cannetti look like the exact same person on the DK app.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Just wanted to comment that Meerschaert and Cannetti look like the exact same person on the DK app.

Guido “GM2” Cannetti

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

WAR BARBOZAAAAAAAA!!!

(I am playing Edson Barboza)

• thevogaman

Even though he’s a one trick pony and seems like he’s finished as a fighter… I can’t help myself from taking Alhassan at $7300.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Even though he’s a one trick pony and seems like he’s finished as a fighter… I can’t help myself from taking Alhassan at $7300.

Very on brand for me to play him 3 losses in a row for $9k+ and then pass when he’s dirt cheap. Can’t wait for him to ko Di Chirico in 30 seconds flat.

• someclevername

lol I’m gonna play Sam Alvey – think he’s gonna knock Turman out. If he throws some punches, I mean. Real “convincing myself to play Woodley” vibes in this one, but going for it.

• NewMike

@thevogaman said...

It always does that on my phone for some reason. Every card there’s about 5 different fighters.

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

It always does that on my phone for some reason. Every card there’s about 5 different fighters.

No, I mean they’re different pictures. They just look that much alike.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

lol I’m gonna play Sam Alvey – think he’s gonna knock Turman out.

I’ll play some of both, but that’s my lean, too.

Turman can’t take a punch after that beating Sanchez put on him and I wouldn’t be shocked if Alvey is completely shot. I don’t think it’s a popular fight ownership-wise and I just can’t see it going to a decision, so I’ll chase the leverage.

It makes no sense, but I’m going to try to go over the field on Aldrich too. She’s going to be significantly bigger than her opponent and nobody is going to play her. There’s always a wmma fight I’m underweight to that kills me… and since this is the only one on the card… I’m going for it.

• factorial89

some of these guys need to win or receive their walking papers. sam alvey is one.as we well know no locks in ufc-mma.my money says this is close to it.mana martinez by rd.1 k.o vs. canetti.

• someclevername

“Mana Martinez is 4 pounds over and he weighed in pretty early” per @aaronbronsteter

*Bout will proceed as scheduled also per Aaron.

• CityBoy410

Where y’all stand on clean shaven Meerschaert

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Don’t like it – need every possible resource to help protect the chin.

• CityBoy410

Hey fellas, if you had to choose between Sabatini and Alvey. Who would you choose?

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

Hey fellas, if you had to choose between Sabatini and Alvey. Who would you choose?

Alvey in GPP; Sabatini in cash.

I think you’ll need at least 1 and max 2 of the winners from the Lee/Rodriguez, Emmers/Sabatini, and Alvey/Turman fights to win… and the latter are the least owned

(or sorry… least “rostered”)

• iron_tactics

Anyone find any tape of Gillmore defending takedowns?

• jki7p6

@CityBoy410 said...

I’m on him. DC pointed it out against Trevor Smith, Muradov has a bad reset stepback that a camp like Roufus picked up on. Opens for shoots if timed right. Its a risky play but there is a flaw to exposed. The longer this fight goes the less confident I’ll feel in this scenario tbh. No way Gerald is winning a decision.

• jki7p6

@iron_tactics said...

Anyone find any tape of Gillmore defending takedowns?

Everything i heard/read is he doesnt know how to.

• factorial89

this-kevin lee beat barboza awhile ago.a dfs buddy of mine has bet 7 units on lee.

• someclevername

@factorial89 said...

buddy of mine has bet 7 units on lee.

• someclevername

I have Lee here also for his wrestling upside & Drod has given up his back to get up before & you do not want Kevin Lee on your back, buuuut he is also coming off a layoff, two knee surgeries & possesses a questionable gas tank. My kind of play! He’s also fought the much better competition, but man 7 units lol boy howdy. I hope Lee comes through for him (and me)!

• iron_tactics

• thedkexperience

@CityBoy410 said...

This card is hot garbage. $12 one lineup YOLO incoming.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).