STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, August 28th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Edson Barboza (145) vs Giga Chikadze (145.5)

Co-Main Event
    Bryan Battle (185.5) vs Gilbert Urbina (186)

Ricky Turcios (135) vs Brady Hiestand (135.5)
    Kevin Lee (170.5) vs Daniel Rodriguez (171)
    Andre Petroski (185.5) vs Micheal Gillmore (184)
    Gerald Meerschaert (185) vs Makhmud Muradov (184.5)

Prelims (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Abdul Razak Alhassan (185.5) vs Alessio Di Chirico (185.5)
    Sam Alvey (185.5) vs Wellington Turman (185.5)
    Dustin Jacoby (203.5) vs Darren Stewart (204.5)
    JJ Aldrich (125) vs Vanessa Demopoulos (125.5)
    Pat Sabatini (145.5) vs Jamall Emmers (145.5)
    Mana Martinez (140)* vs Guido Cannetti (135.5)

*Martinez missed the bantamweight limit by 4 pounds and will forfeit 30% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

Even though he’s a one trick pony and seems like he’s finished as a fighter… I can’t help myself from taking Alhassan at $7300.

I only made 8 lineups and have Alhassan in 2….I started with him in 4 or 5…..

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

lol I’m gonna play Sam Alvey – think he’s gonna knock Turman out. If he throws some punches, I mean. Real “convincing myself to play Woodley” vibes in this one, but going for it.

I’m smiling that I only put Alvey in one of my lineups….and it’s a real smile….“Smilin’ Sam” looks like he is in pain when he smiles….

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

I think you’ll need at least 1 and max 2 of the winners from the Lee/Rodriguez, Emmers/Sabatini, and Alvey/Turman fights to win… and the latter are the least owned

(or sorry… least “rostered”)

Out of eight teams:
    I own Lee on 4 teams and own D-Rod on 4 teams. I would have liked to have more ownership on Lee.
    I own 3 shares of Emmers and own 4 shares of Sabatini. I like Emmers in this fight, but the pricing just worked out for me to own more Sabatini.
    I own only one share of Alvey and no Turman. This worries me a bit, but I hope they go to a boring decision.

• smonger19

@iron_tactics said...

Anyone find any tape of Gillmore defending takedowns?

We may have to go back to his grade school years to find any. I’m all in on Petroski, just hope he can get it done within a minute.

This fight is basically just a thank you to Gillmore for sticking around Vegas after he had been cut from the cast and then being called back at the last minute as an injury replacement.

• joephoto

I only use one lineup, unless I have multiple tickets for a contest.

changed out Lee to Rodriguez
    changed out Emmers to Sabatini.

There is absolutely no way to predict what these people will do, but we keep trying.

• someclevername

@joephoto said...

changed out Lee to Rodriguez

Is this cos you saw me taking Lee lol

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

I’m smiling that I only put Alvey in one of my lineups….and it’s a real smile….“Smilin’ Sam” looks like he is in pain when he smiles….

It’s such a bad gimmick, ugh. I don’t feel great about taking Alvey, in fact I’m not sure I have ever taken him before, but Turman…what can I say. You can’t be getting blasted out of the water by Andrew Sanchez, man.

• smonger19

The fighter on the card that I’m most up in the air about is Bryan Battle:

On the plus side for Battle, he scored a big upset in the semi-final. Also, his opponent’s path to the final was a victory over a late replacement and getting knocked out (but then the guy who knocked him out got injured). And, he has a very cool last name.

On the negative side, he was the second to last person picked on teams. But more importantly, his nickname is “Pooh Bear”. For that reason alone, I could not take him.

• smonger19

Deleting double post because I was originally told “something went wrong”….could be a sign for things to come.

• joephoto

@someclevername said...

I’m thinking Rodriquez is just as capable of scoring points as Lee- at a lower price.
    So I can fit in Petroski and Martinez tonight.

• iron_tactics

Can’t, come up, with a core

• someclevername

I need $300 more in salary, who do I talk to about this

• CityBoy410

Every fight intact so far?

• jki7p6

@CityBoy410 said...

Every fight intact so far?

Kevin Lee vs Shutting Up is off the board

• jki7p6

So far so good. Like my lineup with only one worry.

• someclevername

After telling myself I was not ever going to play Alhassan again… I have ended up w/Alhassan. Idk what else to do down there though

• jki7p6

@someclevername said...

Idk what else to do down there though

I dont think Athena Christina is a bad value bet at all (im not playing her btw). Shes tough and not like JJ is a one hitta.

• CityBoy410

@jki7p6 said...

Kevin Lee vs Shutting Up is off the board

• CityBoy410

Hiestand or Turcios?

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

I dont think Athena Christina is a bad value bet at all (im not playing her btw). Shes tough and not like JJ is a one hitta.

You think? I have never seen her fight in my life lol.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Hiestand or Turcios?

Didn’t watch the show, done absolute minimal research but seems like Hiestand has some wrestling upside here and his price tag is nice. Don’t quote me.

• jki7p6

@someclevername said...

You think? I have never seen her fight in my life lol.

Her grappling is legit but so is getting pieced up. I just didnt play it

• jki7p6

Gl all. Fully expect to be done early

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Her grappling is legit but so is getting pieced up. I just didnt play it

I legit flipped a quarter – heads Alhassan & tails Vanessa lol it came up heads but I will laugh and laugh if she pulls it off.

GL everyone

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).