STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday 12.7.19 – Capital One Arena – Washington, D.C.

ESPN Main Card – 8pm CT

Alistair Overeem (248) vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik (250.5)
    Marina Rodriguez (115.5) vs Cynthia Calvillo (120.5)*
    Stefan Struve (265.3) vs Ben Rothwell (265.2)
    Aspen Ladd (136) vs Yana Kunitskaya (135.1)
    Cody Stamann (135.2) vs Song Yadong (135.2)
    Rob Font (135.1) vs Ricky Simon (135.2)

ESPN Prelims – 6pm CT

Thiago Alves (171) vs Tim Means (171)
    Billy Quarantillo (145.2) vs Jacob Kilburn (145.3)
    Bryce Mitchell (145.2) vs Matt Sayles (148.5)**
    Joseph Solecki (155.6) vs Matt Wiman (155.3)

ESPN+ Early Prelims – 4:45pm CT

Virna Jandiroba (115) vs Mallory Martin (115.5)
    Makhmud Muradov (185.3) vs Trevor Smith (185.5)

*Calvillo missed the women’s strawweight limit by 4.5 pounds and will be fined 30 percent of her purse. Bout will proceed at catchweight.

**Sayles missed the featherweight limit by 2.5 pounds and will be fined 20 percent of his purse.

• someclevername

Means vs Alves seems like a gimme…but I’ve thought that before with Dirty Bird. Thug Nasty vs Sayles sounds fun, should be higher up. I was a Simon hater, but him losing to retirement Faber…I let it go after that. Might even pick him over Font.

I can’t go against Song Yadong! Rothwell old & slow as molasses…might still pick him. Someone please help me.

• rourke441

my early leansare quaratillo great cardio this guy -lock means in-solecki-michell andyadong now my 2 dogs for every card undecided yet p.s. card for dec.14 looks nice and cowboy cerrone fights in january i believe

• thevogaman

Feels like it’s been forever. I’m definitely going 50/50 for the main event because of the matchup and price range. I’m assuming that’s what everyone’s doing.

I know I’m going to have way too much Rothwell (again) and really regret it. Homey needs to get back on some gear and start doing the shuffle again. I mean is he really going to let himself get picked apart by Struve and lose a decision? Probably.

I’m planning on going balanced and having (edit) Solecki as my main pay-up spot. Also, I don’t hate playing Smith, Wiman, (or Kilburn) as punts; I just don’t see a lot of upsets happening on this card period. Dogs that have at least a reasonable path to victory seem to be Simon, Calvillo, Yana, and Mitchell.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Anyone going to this fight?

• thevogaman

@dictator_teddy said...

Anyone going to this fight?

Damn… based on thread participation, I’m guessing no. Also doesn’t look like people are playing this card either. Still a lot of overlay for this point in the day.

I’ve been hedging my way out of way too much Rothwell and playing Aspen Ladd (she at least has only let me down one time… instead of 3 straight).

Anybody got any ownership takes? Thinking Solecki, Reem, Rozenstruik as highest owned?

• Kassdog

I’m trying to build lineups but just can’t find anything I like. I see a lot of decisions in this card.

• Kassdog

I see rothwell getting submitted.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

’ve been hedging my way out of way too much Rothwell and playing Aspen Ladd (she at least has only let me down one time… instead of 3 straight).

I’ve been going back and forth with this exact swap since I know that Ladd will actually do stuff. I can’t say the same about Ben. I am scared he’ll get that KO I’ve been chasing lol but ugh he has just looked sooo bad.

• thevogaman

@Kassdog said...

I see rothwell getting submitted.

Yeah, got me wondering how the grappling will go here because in a lot of ways Rothwell is the superior grappler. Tall people make for weird scrambles though … so who knows.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I’ve been going back and forth with this exact swap since I know that Ladd will actually do stuff. I can’t say the same about Ben. I am scared he’ll get that KO I’ve been chasing lol but ugh he has just looked sooo bad.

Where you at with Yadong? I think I’ll be under the field.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Where you at with Yadong? I think I’ll be under the field.

I’m concerned he won’t pay off his tag. Initially I was definitely on him, but Stamann is not terrible. I think he’s only lost to Aljo. Sure would be nice to know how Song’s tdd looks.

• someclevername

Think I’ll take a shot on Kilburn and hope he lands a bomb since Billy Q likes to block punches with his face.

Means, eh – he should piece up Alves here, but it’s not like Dirty Bird was the most trustworthy guy before he got ko’d dead by Niko. Maybe he finishes him, maybe he just outpoints him. Maybe Alves ko’s him at 5% ownership lol. Alves has looked pretty bad though and Means is still a crisp ass striker. Lots of guys were winning against Niko til they weren’t. I just worry that makes him a little more tentative now.

Of the $9k+ options, Jandiroba going to the lowest owned, right?

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I’m concerned he won’t pay off his tag. Initially I was definitely on him, but Stamann is not terrible. I think he’s only lost to Aljo. Sure would be nice to know how Song’s tdd looks.

Stamann, Simon, and Mitchell all seem like the
    same play at differing price points… and I think at least one will come through.

I really think this could be an ugly low scoring card in general… so there could be one low scoring win on the optimal for sure.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

same play at differing price points… and I think at least one will come through.

Of those 3 I like Simon the most so it’ll be one of the other two lol.

• someclevername

Am I really going to pick Ricky Simon though? Little chinny and when Rob wins he scores big.

I am all over the place – really do not like this card for dfs.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Yeah, it’s a tough one. I’m trying to favor the higher weight classes a bit, too. This is, in general, a “small” card. 2 hw, 1 mw, 1 ww… and the rest small.

• mtdurham

This thing right here
    Is lettin’ all the ladies know
    What guys talk about
    You know, the finer things in life
    A heh heh heh
    Check it out
    Ooh that dress so scandalous
    And you know another fighter can’t handle it
    So you shakin that thang like who’s the ish
    With a look in yer eyes so devilish
    Uh
    You like to dance on the hip hop spots
    And you cruise to crews to connect the dots
    Not just urban she like the pop
    ‘Cause she was ‘Livin’ La Vida Loca’
    She had dumps like a truck, truck, truck
    Thighs like what, what, what
    Baby move your butt, butt, butt
    I think I’ll sing it again
    She had dumps like a truck, truck, truck
    Thighs like what, what, what
    All night long
    Let me see YADONG

I like it when the beat goes
    Duh dun duh
    Baby make your booty go
    Duh dun duh
    Baby I know you want…

YA DONG SON!

• mtdurham

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, it’s a tough one. I’m trying to favor the higher weight classes a bit, too. This is, in general, a “small” card. 2 hw, 1 mw, 1 ww… and the rest small.

That seems backwards to me. On the smaller cards you favor the heavier fighters because of the TKO slants.

On larger cards the combinatorics give you way more possibilities, thereby mitigating the advantages of the heavier fighters.

Kinda like in poker if you are heads up all-in you want big cards… whereas if you take a multiway flop with stacks behind those big cards are more vulnerable to various runouts.

If im playing the $15 – 150 max im leaning towards volume on this card and hoping the bigger guys dud. especially since they are relatively unappealing guys.

Im not playing those fields tonight. Going small and limiting myself to the $50, $12, and $1 single tournies. Mainly because i found a build i really like and i think i can take it down. Also, because on a card of this size the multi-entry guys have such a MASSIVE edge over guys who cant afford to max enter.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

I have a lot of Simon and Stamann, but only a little Mitchell. I like him, but he just didn’t seem to fit in my lineups.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Of the $9k+ options, Jandiroba going to the lowest owned, right?

I’ve got zero shares of her. I don’t see her paying off her price tag. I actually have some shares, but not many, of Martin in this fight. I think it will go the distance and she can get some points on the ground. Don’t really see Martin winning, but could score decent points for a losing fighter.

The other $9k+ I have none of is Muradov (however, if he changed his last name to Murderov, I would really like him). I just hope he doesn’t get a first round finish.

• someclevername

I moved from Jandiroba to Solecki, seems like the wise choice. We’ll see what we see!

I was wavering on him paying off his salary but durham cleared it up for me. SONG YADONG!

GL everyone

• mtdurham

My favorite build is
    $9000 Tim Means Business
    $8900 Ya Dong Song
    $8700 Aspen Ladd’s Not That Bad
    $8500 Rob Font not Calibri
    $7900 You’ve been Thunderstruick
    $7000 Jacob Kilburn (Ive got absolutely nothing, who is this guy?)

My deeper field GPP build swaps out Kilburn for his opponent Quarantillo and plugs in $6800 Smith for Tim Means.

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

Am I really going to pick Ricky Simon though? Little chinny and when Rob wins he scores big.

Seems Font is allergic to aggression, if he’s on his back foot or defending he gets crushed. I have a ton of Simon, he could also of had his soul snatched by Faber, so maybe he goes down quick again.

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

Seems Font is allergic to aggression, if he’s on his back foot or defending he gets crushed. I have a ton of Simon, he could also of had his soul snatched by Faber, so maybe he goes down quick again.

I ended up on Ricky also – GL

• someclevername

Solecki – Kilburn – Simon – Song – Ladd – Rozen

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler