MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 16th, 2020 – VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena – Jacksonville, FL

ESPN/ESPN+ Main Card – 8pm CT

Alistair Overeem (253.5) vs Walt Harris (264.5)
    Claudia Gadelha (115.5) vs Angela Hill (115)
    Dan Ige (146) vs Edson Barboza (145.5)
    Eryk Anders (186) vs Krzysztof Jotko (185.5)
    Song Yadong (145.5) vs Marlon Vera (145.5)

ESPN/ESPN+ Prelims – 5pm CT

Matt Brown (171) vs Miguel Baeza (170.5)
    Anthony Hernandez (185.5) vs Kevin Holland (182.5)
    Irwin Rivera* vs Giga Chikadze (145.5)
    Darren Elkins (146) vs Nate Landwehr (146)
    Cortney Casey (126) vs Mara Romero Borella (125.5)
    Rodrigo Nascimento (255) vs Don’Tale Mayes (241)

*Irwin Rivera replaces Mike Davis and will weigh-in separately as he’s pending medical clearance and a COVID-19 test

• rourke441

i see a whole lineup of live dogs

• thevogaman

@rourke441 said...

i see a whole lineup of live dogs

Yep. When the cheapest fighter is a +175 … I’d say we’ve got some live dogs. Going to be a tough one. Could have 6 win lineups that don’t even cash.

• Sleazygreazy

@thevogaman said...

Yep. When the cheapest fighter is a +175 … I’d say we’ve got some live dogs. Going to be a tough one. Could have 6 win lineups that don’t even cash.

Help me understand this as I am new of UFC.

With a slew of close fights that could go either way, would that not put a premium on wins? I would think in a situation like this, 6 win lineups would be less common than on a slate with a bunch of heavy favorites.

Thanks dude

• thevogaman

@Sleazygreazy said...

Help me understand this as I am new of UFC.

With a slew of close fights that could go either way, would that not put a premium on wins? I would think in a situation like this, 6 win lineups would be less common than on a slate with a bunch of heavy favorites.

Thanks dude

I could be way off on this from a proper logic (and/or mathematical) perspective… but my take is there will be so many dogs that win and ownership will be so balanced, there will be a lot of lineups from the field that will have 6 right (or more than normal).

You could play 3 sub 8k fighters that win… and there are 3 different sub-8k winners that score that much better. Like on 249, you HAD to have Oleinik and Gaethje… I think they’re the only dogs that won. There (could be) a lot of dogs that win and it’s going to be important that you have the ones that score.

Like I said though… I could be way off on this.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Could have 6 win lineups that don’t even cash.

This is terrible news for me lol I’m going to be doing really well if I hit 5 winners.

• rourke441

mike davis is out of his match reportedly replaced by someone named irwin rivera

• thevogaman

@rourke441 said...

mike davis is out of his match reportedly replaced by someone named irwin rivera

So the cheapest fighter is now facing a late replacement… are we in free square territory? DK doesn’t ever change salaries once they’re out… so maybe both at 7k?

• Neilj907

Wasn’t there a milly maker?

• thevogaman

@Neilj907 said...

Wasn’t there a milly maker?

I thought so too, but it’s for the 6/6 card.

• rourke441

just my 2 cents nascimento my best bet

• Felixxberg

@thevogaman said...

So the cheapest fighter is now facing a late replacement… are we in free square territory? DK doesn’t ever change salaries once they’re out… so maybe both at 7k?

Yep, both at $7.0K. I don’t play much MMA DFS, but that definitely looks like a free square.

• thevogaman

@Felixxberg said...

Yep, both at $7.0K. I don’t play much MMA DFS, but that definitely looks like a free square.

Anybody actually taped this Irwin R(ivera) Schyster?

Hope I get some time tonight.

• NewMike

I have no idea on this card, so it’s time to shine

• futoo

Vera looked a little soft. Casey didn’t look like she was feeling very good

• NewMike

Miguel Baeza’s nickname is Caramel Thunder, if that helps anyone

• futoo

Does holland weighing in at 182 hurt him? might be giving up 20 lbs by the fight

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Miguel Baeza’s nickname is Caramel Thunder, if that helps anyone

I’ve locked him in and this is a big reason why.

• thevogaman

@futoo said...

Does holland weighing in at 182 hurt him? might be giving up 20 lbs by the fight

Yeah, I’m not sure what his deal is… this has happened before too, where he weighs light.

I’m wondering on this card if the contrarian play is fade the Giga fight? He’s basically gone from like 15% owned to 70%…. and since he’s kind of a slow-paced kickboxer type that could win dominantly and score 60… could easily miss the winning lineup with a 7k winner. I don’t mean fade… just temper your exposure.

• someclevername

Tapology says Rivera is a 5’6” BW with a 68” reach and Giga is a 6’ FW with a 74” reach lol damn. Will be hilarious if he ko’s Giga

• ttucowboy84

@someclevername said...

Tapology says Rivera is a 5’6” BW with a 68” reach and Giga is a 6’ FW with a 74” reach lol damn. Will be hilarious if he ko’s Giga

We all know how this is going to turn out. Lol

• rourke441

i just take the dog in the main event

• futoo

is yadong definitely fighting?

• Neilj907

Yup came here to check on yadong…. sure sounds funny

• someclevername

Per John Morgan of MMA Junkie on the Twitter machine, both Song & Rivera have been cleared to fight tonight. I still haven’t found Rivera’s weigh-in though

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler