MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 16th, 2020 – VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena – Jacksonville, FL

ESPN/ESPN+ Main Card – 8pm CT

Alistair Overeem (253.5) vs Walt Harris (264.5)
    Claudia Gadelha (115.5) vs Angela Hill (115)
    Dan Ige (146) vs Edson Barboza (145.5)
    Eryk Anders (186) vs Krzysztof Jotko (185.5)
    Song Yadong (145.5) vs Marlon Vera (145.5)

ESPN/ESPN+ Prelims – 5pm CT

Matt Brown (171) vs Miguel Baeza (170.5)
    Anthony Hernandez (185.5) vs Kevin Holland (182.5)
    Irwin Rivera* vs Giga Chikadze (145.5)
    Darren Elkins (146) vs Nate Landwehr (146)
    Cortney Casey (126) vs Mara Romero Borella (125.5)
    Rodrigo Nascimento (255) vs Don’Tale Mayes (241)

*Irwin Rivera replaces Mike Davis and will weigh-in separately as he’s pending medical clearance and a COVID-19 test

• someclevername

@someclevername said...

I’ve locked him in and this is a big reason why.

Him=Baeza and I’m having 2nd thoughts about this.

Is Brown shot shot? Like Ben Saunders level shot (sorry Ben)? I know Matt is vulnerable to the body, but his chin isn’t horrible, right? As far as nicknames go, “The Immortal” is pretty solid and also suggests I shouldn’t be instapicking against him strictly due to age.

• NewMike

I think Caramel Thunder is better than The Immortal. I feel it’s a little more creative and whenever Brown takes a body shot he becomes very mortal, whereas Baeza will still be Caramel Thunder at the end of the fight

• NewMike

To be contrarian, fade the main and Chikadze. You will then only be up against 10% of the field most likely. I wouldn’t call this a recommendation but I will be trying it in about 5% of my LUs. And then it’s tinker time!

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

To be contrarian, fade the main and Chikadze. You will then only be up against 10% of the field most likely. I wouldn’t call this a recommendation but I will be trying it in about 5% of my LUs. And then it’s tinker time!

I could see the main event underwhelming a bit. Maybe Harris gets blanked the first 2 and then gets a TKO in the 3rd for 70 points or something.

I’ve been targeting the 1st fight and worried about a dud decision for one of them.

• Stangs13

I keep toying with the idea of fading the Gigi fight but I just don’t see how a 7K winner isn’t in the optimal. You would need multiple as in probably 3 dogs to win, plus 3 favs all out score that fight. I just don’t see it. Now the question is can Rivera get it done. Because he will be far lower owned and would still get you the 7K winner.

• NewMike

It’s weird having $7k left and knowing you can just plug in a 4-1 favourite.

• Stangs13

After further thought I think it’s possible to fade that fight. There are enough underdogs that can win. Might fade and pray for a low scoring decision

• someclevername

I’m going to be part of the herd & play Giga, so the move is probably to fade.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

On a single bullet or cash… Giga is a lock. He’s going to be like 90% owned.

• someclevername

Don’Tale “Lord Kong” Mayes – SOLD

I know I talked shit before for him losing to Allen Crowder, but that was when he was going up against Gane, who is a damn monster. If Nascimento gets him down…well…he could be in a pickle, but I’m just gonna keep fingers crossed for a KO.

I mean, really – who doesn’t want their whole night hinging on the very first fight which happens to be a low level HW matchup? It worked out last week…actually it was the high point of my lineup last week lol.

• Dfspacman

Is overeem likely to win this fight?

• yisman

Brown or Overeem on DK? Seems close.

• thevogaman

@yisman said...

Brown or Overeem on DK? Seems close.

Thats tough… I kind of like both. Brown is probably less likely to get smoked in the 1st (?) though. I think Reem is better everywhere but chin.

I’m going way too heavy on Landwehr (again) on the belief that Elkins is done.

• yisman

I already have Walt Harris in my lineup. Could end up with both sides of main event.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Same

• jki7p6

Playing the main, fading Giga’s fight, betting against Brown. Favorite lineup leaves almost 2k on the table.
    Do the exact opposite of this and you should all win.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Same

This could get bad for us.

I have lineups leaving 5k plus on the table… either going to be a great night or the shits. I think I’m done tinkering.

Like honestly, there isn’t a single fighter I have any confidence in on this card… except for Giga.

• NewMike

@thevogaman said...

I have some terrible news for you…. I agree. If Ryan Hall can knock you down, everybody can knock you down and Landwehr hits a lot harder than Ryan Hall.

I thought Brown looked a little rough during weigh ins

• mandrzejewski

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@someclevername said...

I have been following boxing for a very long time. The sport is littered with examples of last second replacements who come in and pull surprises. There are many reasons this happens. I also imagine this could be the case for MMA. So all that said I will have my share of Giga but would not be surprised at all to see Rivera pull a stunner and be in the winning lineup.

• iron_tactics

@NewMike said...

I have some terrible news for you…. I agree. If Ryan Hall can knock you down, everybody can knock you down and Landwehr hits a lot harder than Ryan Hall.

On the flip side. Dude got auto KO’d by Herbert Burns who has knocked out nobody before then. If we’re talking previous fights.

• iron_tactics

@mandrzejewski said...

I have been following boxing for a very long time. The sport is littered with examples of last second replacements who come in and pull surprises. There are many reasons this happens. I also imagine this could be the case for MMA. So all that said I will have my share of Giga but would not be surprised at all to see Rivera pull a stunner and be in the winning lineup.

Or an eye poke that leads to a NC 6 seconds into the first round.

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

Looks like we’re all going down together tonight (again).

• smonger19

Decided to be an anti-Giga-ite….had him in a good amount of lineups, then thought about it and I had a lot of salary left over, so took him out of all of them….for the lineups without much salary left over, I put in Vera, Hill and even some Irwin…we’ll see how it works out.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I have lineups leaving 5k plus on the table… either going to be a great night or the shits. I think I’m done tinkering.

Like honestly, there isn’t a single fighter I have any confidence in on this card… except for Giga.

I have $2800 on the table at the moment. Not taking the main – I’ll be rooting for Walt though, of course.

I feel pretty confident in Giga & Barboza which, just to let everyone know, is not a good thing.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Don’Tale “Lord Kong” Mayes – SOLD

I’m just happy to get Lord Kong and Caramel Thunder in a few lineups together (along with Yadong)…..though I do have Nascimento in my main lineup…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).