MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 30th, 2020 – UFC APEX – Las Vegas, NV

ESPN/ESPN+ Main Card – 8pm CT

Tyron Woodley (170.5) vs Gilbert Burns (170.5)
    Blagoy Ivanov (255.5) vs Augusto Sakai (259.5)
    Billy Quarantillo (149.5)* vs Spike Carlyle (150)*
    Roosevelt Roberts (156) vs Brok Weaver (157.5)**
    Mackenzie Dern (115.5) vs Hannah Cifers (115.5)

ESPN/ESPN+ Prelims – 5pm CT

Katlyn Chookagian (126) vs Antonina Shevchenko (125.5)
    Gabriel Green (170.5) vs Daniel Rodriguez (170)
    Jamahal Hill (205.5) vs Klidson Abreu (206)
    Tim Elliott (126) vs Brandon Royval (125.5)
    Louis Smolka (136) vs Casey Kenney (136)
    Chris Gutierrez (145.5) vs Vince Morales (145.5)

*Quarantillo/Alpha Ginger at 150 pound catchweight

**Weaver missed the LW limit by 1.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@thevogaman said...

Agreed. Not a robbery at all.

I went too heavy on that fight… damn. Spike at 90.5 might’ve gotten there.

Yep needed Spike to get the WBD also. Looks like whether I profit or break even will depend on if Burns can get the W.

I said earlier I thought getting that fight right was key. Turns out i needed to just avoid it

• thevogaman

DC talking about paying dividends a lot tonight… wonder if he got into the stocks because of the Corona crash too?

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

DC talking about paying dividends a lot tonight… wonder if he got into the stocks because of the Corona crash too?

Thinkin’ about all of those body shots Stipe landed that paid dividends lol

• thevogaman

If tonight taught me anything… I’m not sure what it is. Shouldn’t have been 95% exposed to Quarantillo/Carlyle… but honestly, probably would go all-in if I did it again.

• mgv1208

Someone had that 30-27 Ivanov lol

• yisman

@mgv1208 said...

that was pretty amusing

• someclevername

Those scores lol

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

If tonight taught me anything… I’m not sure what it is. Shouldn’t have been 95% exposed to Quarantillo/Carlyle… but honestly, probably would go all-in if I did it again.

The process was right, what can you do?

• smonger19

@yisman said...

very suspicious that all 3 judges have scored every fight exactly the same tonight

Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Decision (unanimous) (30-25, 30-25, 30-25)

Replying too late since the Ivanov-Sakai fight was a split decision.

I know you disagree with the 29-28 and can totally see that, but I’m curious as to what wrong with the 30-27s and 30-25s? I had them the same. Also, it probably wasn’t the same three judges for all these matches, but I could be wrong when the scorecards come out tomorrow. And also, stop making me defend the judging, I hate doing that. :)

• smonger19

@mgv1208 said...

And there is bad judging

• yisman

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it (except the Carlyle fight and the 30-27 Ivanov score), but rarely do you see that.

• someclevername

Person here had an amazing lineup and needed Roberts & Burns? Oh boy – GL to you (sorry I don’t remember your username – I’m drinking…a lot).

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Person here had an amazing lineup and needed Roberts & Burns? Oh boy – GL to you (sorry I don’t remember your username – I’m drinking…a lot).

Me too… but agree with the sentiment

• smonger19

@yisman said...

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it (except the Carlyle fight and the 30-27 Ivanov score), but rarely do you see that.

It is somewhat rare to see 3 straight decisions (before the Ivanov one) the same and I can completely see disagreeing with the 2nd round of the Carlyle fight. It is great to see so few decisions and that’s been entertaining tonight. Maybe the fighters have learned not to leave it up to the judges.

• thevogaman

Was it a headbutt?

Edit: unintentional I mean.

• yisman

I’m still here waiting for updates on Fight Island.

• thevogaman

I wonder if Woodley actually threw punches if he’d do better?

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I wonder if Woodley actually threw punches if he’d do better?

lol HE’S WAITING FOR HIS PERFECT SHOT – but seriously, 38 year old TWood done, I think. Even if he pulls something out of his ass in the 5th.

Whoever (whomever?) it was that had the Roberts/Burns remaining lineup – please update us! Rooting for you!

• skankinmat

Ugh got suckered into this fight. Had all Burns and convinced myself Woodley turns back the clock with a stoppage tonight. Also, like a lot of you, had 100% of the Carlyle/Quarantillo fight.

• yisman

would’ve liked to see a finish in the main event

• joephoto

@yisman said...

Carlyle was my only loss of 6 fighters. -providing Burns wins. But who knows ?

• Neilj907

Well that’s a loss for me tonight

• achesley711

@someclevername said...

That was me, but no Rodriguez…

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@someclevername said...

Whoever (whomever?) it was that had the Roberts/Burns remaining lineup – please update us! Rooting for you!

After Roberts fight they should of had 544 going into main event

• thevogaman

Woodley should retire… no fight left in him. Never had a lot.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler