MAIN FORUM

Comments

• callmetouch

Price,Bektic,Gillespie will be the 3 most popular guys besides Jacare/Brunson. What are the chances 1/3 lose? Possible.
    3 Female fights that some people will fade (or pick the underdog for salary relief) I actually like all 3 favorites and based off takedowns etc i’ll sprinkle some into my lineups.
    I personally like Jacare over Brunson but its a 50/50 fight
    Goodluck to all

• someclevername

Not in love with this card. In fact, I would have to kick It out of bed for eating crackers. I’ll do a lineup, of course, and watch it but I won’t respect myself in the morning.

I have a very bad habit of gravitating to a mega underdog and convincing myself it will work out somehow. This has never worked out. I am not deterred – I am going to take Mr. Godofredo Pepey and pray he lands some kind of crazy ass, flying, spinning something in the first minute of the fight. I know this is a bad idea.

I also like Kish. The woman sh*t herself in her last fight and had a sense of humor about it. Plus you’d think she would want to come out and put on some kind of amazing, dominant performance to help people forget she sh*t herself. Her salary is steep but if I can fit her in I’ll do it (and I should be able to picking Pepey’s ass).

Niko Price has an awesome name. Auto play.

I think Brunson lands something significant on Jacare and it’s over.

I’m throwing together my one lineup willy nilly cos 1. I’m not stoked for this card & 2. I do not win much anyways lol so why not? Good luck!

*Sidenote – Stipe / DC this summer? Holy sh*t. I love both of these guys. I might, MIGHT, even have to watch TUF. (27! TUF 27! I’m old).

• Cfiander

Don’t mind that Pepey play. High risk, high reward play…great for DFS. Not sure about Kish. She’s a great athlete no doubt, but her striking defense is so lacking. Taking Brunson, though I agree this is almost a 50/50 fight.

Usually like targeting female fights as they seem to go more overlooked more often. This time I’m going with the crowd and fading.

Can’t believe we are getting Stipe/DC this summer. In the wise words of Bart Scott, can’t wait.

• someclevername

@Cfiander said...

In the wise words of Bart Scott, can’t wait.

If I remember correctly – it did not go well for Bart Scott, lol.

No on Kish? I read your blog every week and you are WAY more knowledgeable than I. I was thinking she might have some TD upside, you think no? Think this ends up a stand and trade affair with a dismal point outcome?

• Cfiander

Really unsure on Kish. I’m going with Kim as the play because I think she’s underpriced for her chances. Kish could force a takedown, but her takedown game is almost entirely based around her raw athleticism alone. Considering that, and the fact that she is moving up and Kim is moving down in weight, makes me second guess her TD upside. I am in a very small minority taking Kim here though, so don’t let me convince you otherwise, lol.

• someclevername

@Cfiander said...

Really unsure on Kish. I’m going with Kim as the play because I think she’s underpriced for her chances. Kish could force a takedown, but her takedown game is almost entirely based around her raw athleticism alone. Considering that, and the fact that she is moving up and Kim is moving down in weight, makes me second guess her TD upside. I am in a very small minority taking Kim here though, so don’t let me convince you otherwise, lol.

Oh, no worries lol I never blame anyone else for my lineup failures. I take ALL of the credit when my lineup goes topsy turvy (usually in spectacular fashion).

Just glancing at the UFC fight page – you’d never think Kim would have the physicality advantage over Kish. F’ing Dana White – always trying to feed me misinformation! This is something I should have found out for myself, but I never miss an opportunity to blame DW for something.
    I will probably go with the herd and fade this fight – but my heart will be rooting for Kish, lol. Thank you for the follow up post!

• Cfiander

I don’t think she has the advantage in size. Kish will be stronger. Just that the move up and down in weight for both fighters respectively should cancel some amount of the advantage Kish usually has. Doesn’t have to erased, just diminished.

• someclevername

I really do appreciate you responding as you did, cos I would have NEVER put this much thought into this fight otherwise…hmm, and I wonder why I lose so much. Something I need to focus on moving forward perhaps, lol.

Anyways, I just watched the Kim / Pudilova fight and when Kim started piecing Pudilova up in round 2 – Pudilova went for the clinch and holy hell. I’m a Monday Morning QB AT BEST in MMA but Pudilova looked absolutely lost (and they both looked sloppy) – will Kish? And again in Round 3 the clinch – Kim seems very passive and Pudilova seems like she has no idea what to do in it. I feel like if Kish can get Kim into the clinch there she can create some offense of some sort and DO SOMETHING diametrically opposing Pudilova’s gameplan.

I really have no idea wtf I am talking about lol. I have decided to fade this fight but am looking forward to it simply to find out what will happen. Another thing I did not realize – JC, Kim got a reach on her! She doesn’t seem to know how to fully utilize it yet but still. 72” for her size. Mah goodness.

• callmetouch

Pichel vs Silva is tricky. My rule is never go 100% on a fighter with the same salary, always go 50/50. But i want to go 100% pichel

• callmetouch

Everyone’s sleeping on 1 fighter on this card :) Mouth is shut

• Cfiander

@callmetouch said...

Everyone’s sleeping on 1 fighter on this card :) Mouth is shut

Be interested to know after lineup lock.

• callmetouch

@Cfiander said...

Be interested to know after lineup lock.

My logic will turn out to be wrong and i’ll screw some people up including myself. That’s how it always works.But i’ll give u my insight in a second here

• callmetouch

Austin Arnett! 15-3 vs 7-1. Arnett has more experience,taller,longer reach. Arnett has fought Davis on Dana’s show and is a tough customer. I like him for his price here. Cory might has some octagon jitters? Out of 30 lineups im having Austin in about 10-15. AUSTIN BY SUB.

• bigcrip

could anyone share ownerships for the big tournament? thanks

• callmetouch

scratch that arnett pick lol

• callmetouch

4/30 lineups had cory LMAO

• 13nutz

Gregor Gillespie F 59.21% 0
    Mirsad Bektic F 53.21% 0
    Derek Brunson F 49.46% 0
    Niko Price F 46.64% 0
    Frank Camacho F 44.85% 0
    Vinc Pichel F 38.14% 0
    Cory Sandhagen F 35.85% 0
    Jacare Souza F 32.11% 0
    Andre Fili F 30.64% 0
    Mara Romero Borella F 26.79% 0
    Erik Koch F 20.50% 0
    Ji Yeon Kim F 19.88% 0
    Dennis Bermudez F 19.29% 0
    Drew Dober F 18.78% 0
    Joaquim Silva F 18.04% 0
    Bobby Green F 15.66% 0
    Austin Arnett F 12.10% 0
    Juliana Lima F 12.00% 0
    George Sullivan F 9.82% 0
    Katlyn Chookagian F 8.30% 0
    Justine Kish F 7.53% 0
    Godofredo Pepey F 6.56% 0
    Randa Markos F 6.44% 0
    Jordan Rinaldi F 5.08% 0

• callmetouch

How tf was cory 35% owned???!??

• bigcrip

edit: delete sorry

• bigcrip

gillespie is way too high owned. yall gonna regret it

• callmetouch

how tf was cory so high owned???? someone explain please. Is it his price?

• callmetouch

133 points!!!! SLATE KILLER!!!! GAHDDAMNIT

• thetitanlb

@callmetouch said...

how tf was cory so high owned???? someone explain please. Is it his price?

Iono Corey was an easy pick to me. Arnett looked horrible to me in that thursday night fight that he lost to Davies. Then Davies looked really bad in his fight last week. Throw in the odds and price and the one fight i saw of Corey on youtube and seemed simple iono.

• callmetouch

Eff me man. I thought Arnett looked decent. Almost caught Davis in a guillotine and has more amateur/professional fights. 4/30! It’s gonna bite me. Jezuz. His ownership is SHOCKING to me.

• thetitanlb

@callmetouch said...

Eff me man. I thought Arnett looked decent. Almost caught Davis in a guillotine and has more amateur/professional fights. 4/30! It’s gonna bite me. Jezuz. His ownership is SHOCKING to me.

Main difference is Arnett looks pretty slow while the corey guys moves around a lot and is fast.

• callmetouch

So let’s say Jacare wins. If you subbed him for every team for Corey you’d be looking great. No way Jacare scores 133. _

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).