TOOLS FORUM

Comments

• Awon1

Hi,

I apologize if there is someone directly who I should contact for ResultsDB, but I was looking for yesterday’s results and I cannot figure out why the numbers are the way they are. I’ve been using ResultsDB to understand how top players and winners play so I can better improve my game and it’s been very helpful.

For yesterday, this is what the ResultsDB Summary page has

https://rotogrinders.com/resultsdb/site/draftkings/date/2020-01-19/sport/nfl/slate/5e24ba6e4840e559dd37b993

It shows the users giantsquid and leonem winning 618k and 553k as the biggest winners.

However when I delve more into the contests section and the Millionaire Maker results

https://rotogrinders.com/resultsdb/site/draftkings/date/2020-01-19/sport/nfl/slate/5e24ba6e4840e559dd37b993/contest/5e24ba7ebcbdf459d4d2e972

I see Dr. Karl won 1 million. I checked in the contest directly on Draft Kings and ResultsDB matches exactly what Draft Kings has which is Dr Karl winning, and all the usernames of everyone in the top 50 matches up. I trust the results are correct here.

Hence my question is how come Dr. Karl isn’t shown as the biggest winner and instead giantsquid is? In fact within the Contest tab I don’t see giantsquid winning any tournaments that could cause him to have that type of return. Is it because ResultsDB is factoring entry fees like Dr. Karl submitted more than 400k in entry fees? I was just extremely confused and since I’ve been using ResultsDB which has helped immensely I just wanted a clarification on what is happening.

Thank you!

• JSteele

Usually the numbers are a bit iffy after the first day. I would try again tomorrow and see if it changes

• Awon1

@JSteele said...

Usually the numbers are a bit iffy after the first day. I would try again tomorrow and see if it changes

Thank you for your reply. I did not realize they could be off on the first day since I don’t remember them being off before, but I have only used it for NFL for about a few weeks since discovering the tool. Thank you and I will wait 1 more day to see if the Summary page will match the Contests page. At first I just assumed it took into account entry fees so maybe I thought DR. Karl paid more than 400k in entry fees but that does not sound reasonable.

• JSteele

It’s possible they are only able to track members and Dr. Karl could not be a member of RG

• Awon1

@JSteele said...

It’s possible they are only able to track members and Dr. Karl could not be a member of RG

If you click my second link in my above post for the Millionaire Maker results, it shows Dr. Karl as a RotoGrinders member so I am even more confused. In addition if you go through all the contests tab in the below link it does not show Giantsquid nor Leonem winning anything that could cause them to make 500k+ each. Finally Renegades88 who finished 2nd for 100k in the Millionaire Maker also does not show up in largest winners even though 100k qualifies.

The optimal lineup doesn’t make sense since Davante Adams should be on it but is not listed in the below link. I went through each contest I played in and it seems like the Contest section of the ResultsDB is 100 percent correct since the top users ResultsDB shows per contest matches up from what I see on DraftKings, but it’s just the Summary page listing the biggest winners that’s confusing me.

Perhaps it still needs time to refresh so I’ll wait, but this question has just been bugging me for a day and I can’t figure it out. I also don’t know who to contact on here about ResultsDB so maybe it is easier if I direct message someone. ResultsDB has been awesome so I want to make sure I’m not doing or understanding something wrong.

Summary link which I’m confused about since the numbers don’t match up https://rotogrinders.com/resultsdb/site/draftkings/date/2020-01-19/sport/nfl/slate/5e24ba6e4840e559dd37b993

Millionaire Make Contest which makes sense and agree with what I see on DraftKings:

https://rotogrinders.com/resultsdb/site/draftkings/date/2020-01-19/sport/nfl/slate/5e24ba6e4840e559dd37b993/contest/5e24ba7ebcbdf459d4d2e972

Thank you

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler