Some of you may recall that last year we held a multi-day contest that pitted the same group of players against each other day after day to determine who could consistently beat out their opponents for MLB GPP glory. Well, it’s back, and this time our friends over at FantasyAces are running the show!
Sign ups for this contest will ! We’ve worked out the details, and here’s the breakdown of how the payouts/structure will work. Note that everything here is assuming 80 people, and we will adjust the exact numbers depending on how many we end up with:
The daily $11 GPP will be a private contest, with an email address sent to each participant daily to grant access. You will be responsible for entering this GPP each day. This means that initially you only need to depost the $50 side pot and the $11 for the first GPP, but you will be responsible for buying into the $11 GPP each day.
The daily GPP will pay out the top 15 players, and first place will be awarded 80 leaderboard points (again, assuming 80 participants) all the way down to 1 point for last place. Each player will have their lowest score dropped at the end of the contest to allow for a missed day. Games will be run Monday-Friday and will only include the night games.
As for the side pot prizes, we will have two forms of payouts. The top 8 in overall standings will be paid out:
- 1st: $1,000
- 2nd: $750
- 3rd: $500
- 4th-8th: $250
+In addition, the top three highest scores thoughout the entire contest, regardless of when they occured will win $500/$300/$200, respectively.*
To keep people interested towards the end, the guys at Aces have thrown in some extra prizes that you can win even if you’re out of contention for the overall leadearboard! In addition to chasing the highest score prizes, on the last three days, FantasyAces will be throwing in a That way, even if you can’t win the whole thing, you can still take home first place money, $500 for highest score, and a $109 ticket to the FAWBC Qualifier!
For those of you that don’t remember from last year, here is how it works:
- Each player enters an $11 GPP every day for 20 days.
- Before the event begins, each player deposits an extra $50 on to FantasyAces to be included as part of the Side Pot (this makes the total for the event $270).
- Each GPP pays out like a normal Aces tournament.
- Every night, each player is awarded leaderboard points depending on where they finish in that night’s contest. Last place is awarded 1 point, second-to-last place gets 2 points, etc.
- Each player will have their lowest score dropped to allow for an off day.
- The Overall Leaderboard will be posted here on RG for you to track.
- At the end of the 20 days, the Side Pot money will be awarded to the players that finish at the top of the Overall Standings Leaderboard.
Exact payouts will depend on the number of people that sign up to participate, but we had 20 players last year and DFS has grown juuuuuust a little bit since then, so I expect more than that this time around. Everyone had a blast this year, so I’m looking forward to seeing who can emerge victorious!
Huge thanks to the guys over at FantasyAces for hosting this for us.
If you want to participate, simply make a deposit on FantasyAces here (deposit at least the $270 required to participate) and post in this thread that you’re in. It’s that simple!
Once we get everyone signed up, we’ll pick a start date and get things rolling.
Get ready to Grind!
Signed Up So Far:
Total so far: 85