MLB FORUM

Comments

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

Some of you may recall that last year we held a multi-day contest that pitted the same group of players against each other day after day to determine who could consistently beat out their opponents for MLB GPP glory. Well, it’s back, and this time our friends over at FantasyAces are running the show!

Update!

Sign ups for this contest will close at 7pm EST tonight, Friday, May 15th! We’ve worked out the details, and here’s the breakdown of how the payouts/structure will work. Note that everything here is assuming 80 people, and we will adjust the exact numbers depending on how many we end up with:

The daily $11 GPP will be a private contest, with an email address sent to each participant daily to grant access. You will be responsible for entering this GPP each day. This means that initially you only need to depost the $50 side pot and the $11 for the first GPP, but you will be responsible for buying into the $11 GPP each day.

The daily GPP will pay out the top 15 players, and first place will be awarded 80 leaderboard points (again, assuming 80 participants) all the way down to 1 point for last place. Each player will have their lowest score dropped at the end of the contest to allow for a missed day. Games will be run Monday-Friday and will only include the night games.

As for the side pot prizes, we will have two forms of payouts. The top 8 in overall standings will be paid out:

• 1st: $1,000
    • 2nd: $750
    • 3rd: $500
    • 4th-8th: $250

+In addition, the top three highest scores thoughout the entire contest, regardless of when they occured will win $500/$300/$200, respectively.*

To keep people interested towards the end, the guys at Aces have thrown in some extra prizes that you can win even if you’re out of contention for the overall leadearboard! In addition to chasing the highest score prizes, on the last three days, FantasyAces will be throwing in a $109 Qualifier Ticket to first place, and a Aces t-shirt to second place. That way, even if you can’t win the whole thing, you can still take home first place money, $500 for highest score, and a $109 ticket to the FAWBC Qualifier!

The first day of the contest will be Tuesday, May 19th, so get ready!

For those of you that don’t remember from last year, here is how it works:

• Each player enters an $11 GPP every day for 20 days.
    • Before the event begins, each player deposits an extra $50 on to FantasyAces to be included as part of the Side Pot (this makes the total for the event $270).
    • Each GPP pays out like a normal Aces tournament.
    • Every night, each player is awarded leaderboard points depending on where they finish in that night’s contest. Last place is awarded 1 point, second-to-last place gets 2 points, etc.
    • Each player will have their lowest score dropped to allow for an off day.
    • The Overall Leaderboard will be posted here on RG for you to track.
    • At the end of the 20 days, the Side Pot money will be awarded to the players that finish at the top of the Overall Standings Leaderboard.

Exact payouts will depend on the number of people that sign up to participate, but we had 20 players last year and DFS has grown juuuuuust a little bit since then, so I expect more than that this time around. Everyone had a blast this year, so I’m looking forward to seeing who can emerge victorious!

Huge thanks to the guys over at FantasyAces for hosting this for us.

If you want to participate, simply make a deposit on FantasyAces here (deposit at least the $270 required to participate) and post in this thread that you’re in. It’s that simple!

Once we get everyone signed up, we’ll pick a start date and get things rolling.

Get ready to Grind!

Signed Up So Far:

• CruzinToVictory
    • stevietpfl
    • careymahoney
    • DillingerFour
    • skeeter1114
    • fadein34
    • stlcardinals84
    • a25smith
    • thehazyone
    • Ryanoss
    • Maddox2
    • kle18
    • sirmalcolm
    • SirGiant
    • mberkowi
    • db730
    • TheTOnyM
    • Knup
    • CheeseIsGood
    • hambazaza
    • sberger
    • kalcashmoney
    • Galante118
    • bradizpro
    • RotoKevin
    • bosoxfan0509
    • louiescards
    • 8MileAllstars
    • jeg06
    • radthad954
    • yoteach
    • Wakefield49
    • bbbomb
    • draftcheat
    • MagicSportsGuy
    • swinderman
    • Miguel130
    • hoop2410
    • emac
    • CrazyGabey
    • sheriffolds
    • ajwillms
    • TheSpaniard
    • headChopper
    • lunaland
    • dowjones206
    • Daddybigs
    • Razzle11
    • broncs4sb
    • deez1233
    • 1greatbuyz
    • beermakersfan
    • marineroptimist
    • DoctorRobry
    • fishcakeking
    • naapstermaan
    • Ben919
    • TonyCincotta
    • Pointgiven
    • DugFister
    • jdubadubs
    • KingLion22
    • dean78904
    • Mangone
    • Dleepi01
    • jscott2493
    • donnybasbl
    • BKLionKing
    • theseige
    • Versuhtyle
    • mavngoose
    • 99problems
    • leonem
    • m0p4b
    • jhfc
    • cb35
    • kings2609
    • TheKris
    • alexeagles10
    • Tpassala
    • blitz1016
    • plugman
    • tonyniehaus
    • Hkhotsskhotb
    • Jsteams2012

Total so far: 85

• delesboyd

[deleted]

• broncs4sb

• Blogger of the Month

cruzin…how does the side pot cash get in the pool? Will it be via paypal or will aces take it out automatically?

• skeeter1114

• Blogger of the Month

@fadein34 said...

I understand but there’s a problem with that. At a certain point many people will no longer have a chance to “win” therefore they will stop entering the contests. Every time someone doesn’t enter is $11 less in the prize pool. We’re signing up to play for 20 contests not we’ll play when we feel like it. That’s not in the spirit of the “MLB Grind.”

Anyway to prevent those things from happening?

They can create private freerolls, no?

Completely agree here. We had issues with people not putting in lineups last year. At least the points and money weren’t screwed up. It needs to be prepaid and kept consistent. This way, even if you are out of it come the last couple of tournaments, you will still play because you can win. With the current way, you could see a fluctuation in points earned every night since it would be based on number of users.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

So to just be clear, the way that Aces originally proposed doing it was making a private game each day and having us register, but the game would be guaranteed. That means that if anything, Aces would be risking overlay in those contests.

We were going to brainstorm ways to keep people interested throughout, because this method was easiest for them from an admin standpoint.

That said, I tend to agree that it would be better if it was all taken out at once and a “private freeroll” was created for us, to ensure that they get all the entry fees.

I’m discussing with Trent and I’ll get back to you when we have more details.

@broncs4sb – the side pot cash will be held by Aces until the end of the contest.

• kle18

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

BTW, if we already have the funds in our account, do we still need to deposit?

• deez1233

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

No need to redeposit if you have the amount needed.

• skeeter1114

• Blogger of the Month

Let me use a theoretical example here:

Let’s assume we have 60 people join. If we all prepay, that’s a $600 pot with $60 rake for FA. This happens for 20 days and is all guaranteed. prize pools and points are same, regardless of whether someone enters a lineup or not. It also keeps people playing until the end, even if eliminated. This would also eliminate overlay on fantasy aces end and guarantees them $1200 over 20 days.

• 1greatbuyz

• x3

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I would like to be in.

• beermakersfan

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

• 2011 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Count me IN

• marineroptimist

I’m in for this.

• MrFantasy

Apologize if this has been said already but some friends and I do this for an entire season. DFS/Season-Long combo. All days are prepaid and to keep it interesting we took some of the prizepool/side-pot and made it so that the highest single score throughout also gets some money back. This makes it so that there is still some incentive to play each day for those that have no chance at winning. How much would be up to whoever is running this.

• DoctorRoBry

I’d like in. When do we start?

• 99Problems

@MrFantasy said...

Apologize if this has been said already but some friends and I do this for an entire season. DFS/Season-Long combo. All days are prepaid and to keep it interesting we took some of the prizepool/side-pot and made it so that the highest single score throughout also gets some money back. This makes it so that there is still some incentive to play each day for those that have no chance at winning. How much would be up to whoever is running this.

This is a pretty pretty good idea. I’m on the fence on playing this as this is the first season that I have started to focus on MLB and haven’t played any on FA yet. Plus there is at least 40 players that are better than me already entered so I’m definitely dead money but it seems like fun. When is the last day we have to make a decision on weather we are playing or not?

• CrazyGabey

I’ve got a tweet scheduled from the RG account for this later tonight. Expect the number to grow even more.

• CrazyGabey

Scratch that, it just went out.

• 99Problems

Forget what I said about not playing MLB on FA. I just checked and I did play a couple of tourneys early on in the season including “Beat the Expert” vs DB730. I came 4 points shy of beating DB so I probably shouldn’t play but I might anyway.

• fishcakeking

FCK

The Return of the King

I’m in.

Fck

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@fishcakeking said...

The Return of the King

I’m in.

Fck

Got to give FCK a bunch of credit as this concept is something he started a few years back. Glad to have you playing.

• fadein34

@99Problems said...

Forget what I said about not playing MLB on FA. I just checked and I did play a couple of tourneys early on in the season including “Beat the Expert” vs DB730. I came 4 points shy of beating DB so I probably shouldn’t play but I might anyway.

You should definitely be in you’re able. Last year was my first full MLB season (played just a little at the end of the previous year) and it th concept is a ton of fun! Only takes one good night to recoup most of your investment (pending payouts but it looks good!).

• naapstermaan

Panda Grinder

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

in if there’s room left

• Ben919

• 2015 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Champion

I’m in!

• TonyCincotta

Sirius XM Radio Fantasy Radio Host

I would love to participate if you have room.. Looks like fun

Tony Cincotta

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

and deposited my $270 – I’m with the others, please take lump sum up front!

• Pointgiven

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).