CFB FORUM

Comments

• Putz

NFL is the $$ maker, but CFB should easily exceed PGA and Neckar volume on most sites this season. The lack of advertising for CFB is still perplexing.

Any hints or sneak peak on new formats/roll outs, Large Mid-season tournaments, Live end of season Finals in Vegas? (Yeah, I’m bored today)

How soon will FD post contests in the lobby? I need to ensure liquidity and be prepared.

Edit: below is what we know so far….

Live Finals/Big Tournaments:

1. DraftKings College Football Championships – Dec 3-6 Miami, FL

Contests Posted to Lobby:

None

• csmaniac

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

I really really hope there is a live final this year

Also I hope DK fixed their scoring this season to make sure 2 point conversions count

• JDub07

Yes, 2 point conversions are much more frequent in the college game as well. I hope we have a Vegas Final.

• jovanmusk

cant wait myself. cfb fantasy is growing. i also hope they have a vegas final also

• Putz

@jovanmusk said...

cant wait myself. cfb fantasy is growing. i also hope they have a vegas final also

I bet DK has a lottery style Millionaire Maker for CFB, seeing PGA filled (or did it not?).

• Heywood9855

What do u mean lottery style Putz?

• tprokopenko

Personally, I consider ‘lottery style’ to be the idiotically top-heavy (mainly, first-place heavy) tournaments that DK likes to run. The Millionaire Makers for NFL last year were completely unplayable, and I’d hate to see them do something stupid like a $2 million prize pool for NCAA with a $1 million first prize. I’m all for huge GPPs, especially in NCAAF which I love to play, but make the payout structures something that isn’t ridiculous.

• FanalystDrew

I think a fair bit of PGAs success can be linked to the quiet summer months of nothing to grind besides MLB. To assume that CFB will match how far PGA has come seems like a bit of a stretch, but growth is what we are all after, so if it does that is great!

With NFL NBA NHL MLB PGA NASCAR MMA all overlapping, I don’t think there will be enough volume to allow for a Milly Maker type contest or for anything that was the size of the “Drive the Green” PGA contests.

The best thing I see for CFB is that with so many other sports going on, those that know there stuff should have a huge edge. Most casual players will be entering on the fly Saturday mornings having done very little research.

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• $1M Prize Winner

@Putz said...

CFB should easily exceed PGA

I think CFB grows rather massively this year over last as it did last year over two years ago, but to say it will PGA levels of massive is a bit of a stretch. PGA is just easier to play and enter. CFB takes a LOT of research.

• scottmsteiner

@Putz said...

The lack of advertising for CFB is still perplexing.

It’s quite possible that the sites don’t want to push the limits on college sports.

• tprokopenko

@FanalystDrew said...

The best thing I see for CFB is that with so many other sports going on, those that know there stuff should have a huge edge. Most casual players will be entering on the fly Saturday mornings having done very little research.

This is precisely why CFB is my favorite DFS sport. It was easily my most profitable sport last year, and as someone who only plays 2-3 lineups in GPPs, it’s a sport I feel that I can (and do) contend with the heavy multi entrants, as putting in the research is incredibly important and beneficial.

• johnnyjohnny848

@Putz said...

but CFB should easily exceed PGA

Lol please pga dfs is a absolute monster right now, yes cfb should grow substantially, but please pga is on another level right now.

• Putz

@Heywood9855 said...

What do u mean lottery style Putz?

Just a ton of entries with an extremely top heavy prize pool. See penko’s comment.

• Putz

@johnnyjohnny848 said...

Lol please pga dfs is a absolute monster right now, yes cfb should grow substantially, but please pga is on another level right now.

Look at the growth models the last few years and trends for each sport. Only the sites have these statistics, and I, along with others, would like some insight. This is all speculation on my end, only the sites have the empirical data, but when CFB football ended last season it was well ahead of PGA when it was in its peak last summer.

Each year the interest grows for each sport. DK pushed the limits this winter/spring with crazy advertising for PGA and helped it grow. Sure, PGA is “easier”, but I would guess and bet that more people in the core DFS demographic have knowledge of and watch/follow CFB in the U.S. than golf. Just think if DraftKings and FanDuel were advertising on the Big 10 and SEC networks right now? What about on the back of all the college football magazines just released this July? On ESPN? They did not.

Plus, FD does not have PGA and Fanduel’s volume was far greater than DK volume for CFB.

• Myprimetime

Golf is benefiting from non-NFL season conflict. The fact is that CFB advertising would take away from NFL advertising ,and NFL is where the money is made.

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I have my doubts there is a CFB Milly Maker. I agree with a lot of Golf’s success being tied to summer having nothing but MLB really going on. It’s a nice distraction from the daily grind.

With that said….if DK was going to run a Milly Maker for CFB they would be best served by announcing it at the beginning of the year & running Q’s all year long for it. The late swap dynamic makes DK’s bowl season particularly fun when they run tournaments over a longer period of time.

• depalma13

@Putz said...

Just think if DraftKings and FanDuel were advertising on the Big 10 and SEC networks right now? What about on the back of all the college football magazines just released this July? On ESPN? They did not.

The NCAA does not allow any gambling advertising on it’s broadcasts.

• Putz

@depalma13 said...

The NCAA does not allow any gambling advertising on it’s broadcasts.

During games only? Sec and big 10 networks are all in preseason mode.

• Putz

All good points in this thread. It will be interesting to see how high the big sites take it this season (Live Vegas final and/or MilliMaker) and which smaller sites jump into the mix.

6 weeks to go!

• depalma13

@Putz said...

During games only? Sec and big 10 networks are all in preseason mode.

Doesn’t matter. They completely prohibit gambling advertising.

• thatkid500

• JeffElJefe

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x2

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I can tell you that we’re definitely going to push CFB much harder this year. We’re going to be doing some exciting stuff there, stay tuned!

• Putz

@JeffElJefe said...

I can tell you that we’re definitely going to push CFB much harder this year. We’re going to be doing some exciting stuff there, stay tuned!

Good to hear. Hopefully you have more volume that DD. I was playing the same people every week and exchanging rake due to the small contests.

• Heywood9855

@thatkid500 said...

CFB Contests will be posted in Lobby in Mid-Late August via FANDUEL Support.

Damn..I was hoping earlier in August.

• Heywood9855

@JeffElJefe said...

I can’t wait!

• Putz

@Heywood9855 said...

I can’t wait!

You played Aces last year?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).