INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• ratman76

UPDATE: Credit where credit is due. FantasyDraft has paid out the winnings as FantasyCash from the 3/11 NBA slate — I’ll take it. Great example of the FantasyDraft team listening to the customers and right sizing this whole situation. #Playersfirst

Appreciate the reconsideration, thanks for this, and look forward to supporting FantasyDraft whenever the world returns to normal.

• yisman

yes, me

I had been losing non-stop and finally cashed for about 1,800 last night, only for it to remain pending for 12 hours and then be canceled…

• ratman76

Great job FantasyDraft

• carney259

RG Overall Ranking

Yeah I won a few hundred on FantasyDraft and emailed them about it, in light of their terms of use that say canceled games don’t count toward standings, and they will cancel a contest and refund fees if only one game is remaining on the slate after cancellations, which was not the case last night.

They responded and told me to pound sand and be happy with my freeroll ticket. The only justification they pointed to was the catch all provision allowing them to cancel contests in their sole discretion. Not a good look in my opinion, especially in light of FD and DK’s response. It’s definitely a unique time we’re going through, but imagine if you won a $100k contest on DK and they told you that you were getting your $15 back and a freeroll.

• yisman

My other problem is the freeroll apparently is for anyone who entered anything.

People who lost should just get a refund and be happy with it.

I shouldn’t have to compete with them in the freeroll especially when they took my money which they were not entitled to in the first place.

I got 2nd and 3rd in the pick and roll last night.

• ratman76

Great job FantasyDraft

• lbacker52

one freeroll doesn’t equal 3rd place which I finally won only to have it unpaid !!Bs low budget show !!

• ratman76

Yeah, everyone should be aware that their #PlayerFirst tagline is completely inaccurate, especially when every single other vendor has made the right decision (Draftkings, Fanduel and Superdraft have honored pay outs to winners and refunded those affected) while they’ve made the wrong decision.

When they inevitably begin to institute a rake, there will be pretty much no reason to give your business to them given their customer service.

• dgballer

Yahoo hasn’t even refunded any entrance fees. I had some lineups from the Sac/NO game and I got zeroes for those players. I don’t know who the Yahoo rep is but I hope they do something about it

• ratman76

Great job FantasyDraft

• leib0039

I emailed the Yahoo rep but they need to get something figured out, this is poor on their end.

EDIT apparently I missed the note and yahoo figured it out, well done!

• yisman

Obviously the ideal solution is to pay the winners and take care of the losers via a refund or a freeroll (freeroll for all people who lost money on the slate).

If you don’t have the cash to do that and you are forced to decide between:

A)Honoring the contests as they stand (and getting complaints from people who lost) or

B)Refunding everyone (and getting complaints from people who won)

The correct choice is A. However, fantasydraft chose B because more people lost than won, so less people are complaining.

The reason why A is correct is you take this risk every time you play DFS. How many baseball games get postponed each season? A lot. Additionally, every season there’s at least one game that gets postponed when no actual rain fell. Ask Kevin Roth. It happened 3 or 4 times last season. On top of that, it happens a few times a season where a player is in the original lineup and gets late scratched after lock (for MLB/NHL. For NBA, it happens more often).

So by the logic fantasydraft used this week, they should refund all slates that have a postponement of any kind. Wet court in New Orleans because AD was crying? Refund. Water main break in Colorado? Refund. Power outage in Mexico? Refund. Fans rioting outside the arena in Sacramento? Refund. Outbreak of bees in Texas? Refund.

Choosing to cheat the winners in this case is completely illogical and sets a bad precedent.

If I use Connor McDavid in my NHL lineup for a 10 PM Eastern game and the team says he’s in the lineup and then at 10:02 announces he’s not playing, should I be able to demand a refund? No, there’s a risk inherent in playing. Sometimes games get postponed/canceled. Sometimes players decide not to play. Sometimes players do play and get injured in the first minute (see the X-Files guy on the Warriors recently). Sometimes a coach claims guys are active and good to go and then decides not to play them (see MIke Budenholzer right a few days before all sports got canceled).

• ratman76

Great job FantasyDraft

• FantasyDraft_Rep

• FantasyDraft Representative

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for all of the feedback, we are re-evaluating how we handled this NBA slate. As everyone knows there was a lot going on this week with this being the first of many decisions. Now that we have had some time revisit I am looking at this again and we will get back to you shortly with an update. We value our players’ opinions and are taking them into account as we formulate a solution.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    CEO

• madmanjayWV

Take your time it’s only $

• ratman76

Appreciate the reconsideration. Look forward to the response.

• falcor

I also appreciate the reconsideration.

• falcor

Thank You!

• ratman76

Thanks so much Steve for honoring the winnings from the slate. Appreciate the thoughfulness, and for showing your support. Look forward to playing on FantasyDraft once everything is back to normal

• yisman

Thanks fantasydraft and Steve. I appreciate it and could really use the money.

I will be sure to give you as much business as possible if we ever get back to normal.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.