PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Sept 17-20

Where: Mamaroneck, NY

Course: Winged Foot GC | A par 70 playing at 7477 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Gary Woodland at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +2 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• byo34

Months ago I told myself I wanted Fitzy for the US Open. Guess who doesn’t have Fitzy for the US Open?

Winner: Jason Day
    Fade: Morikawa
    Sleeper: Louis, Zalatoris.

Bets from long ago, Scott and Finau.

• whodat2

US OPEN and we are a whole 12 pages in on the eve of the early morning start……… SAD

• Getty33

@whodat2 said...

US OPEN and we are a whole 12 pages in on the eve of the early morning start……… SAD

You’re being way too critical considering all of the extenuating circumstances. 2020 looks like a year that most of us would rather throw in a trash can and forget about than remember as a defining moment in our lives. Nevertheless, I can’t wait for the US Open to commence.

• BrianVT

@whodat2 said...

I feel like we’ve reached a point of saturation on topics that used to involve pages of discussion in here, like GPP vs. Cash, Stats vs. Feel, RF vs. CH, ownership targeting, SG explanations, and so many others. We would really just need some newbies to come in and ask a question. Even though this is a major, and that’s exciting, it’s not much different than any other weekly discussion, with just the typical tidbits of who you like/hate and why. Although some newbies pop in with an aggressive attack on someone that can last a few pages, which is no fun, we probably just need some new golf topics/ideas that haven’t really been pondered.

• MrSnuffleupagus

@Getty33 said...

You’re being way too critical considering all of the extenuating circumstances. 2020 looks like a year that most of us would rather throw in a trash can and forget about than remember as a defining moment in our lives. Nevertheless, I can’t wait for the US Open to commence.

2020 would have been fine if politics and other things didn’t hype stuff that doesn’t happen. This was the year to turn every anthill into a mountain.

• osuryanf

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

2020 would have been fine if politics and other things didn’t hype stuff that doesn’t happen. This was the year to turn every anthill into a mountain.

Worded perfectly, I agree.

• BrianVT

@rstylz said...

Hi guys, new to golf DFS.

Could someone please direct me to an external web site that has all the players and their finishes at what tournies in the last X amount of time.

Thanks!

If you want to filter X tournaments or rounds, that’s probably going to be a paid site. The PGA Tour site has a lot of good stats for free, though. Someone used to post a Google doc link in here, but I think that got moved behind paywall also. You might be able to find a site doing a free 7 day trial or something like that for this week.

• BIF

@Carpocarp said...

Thanks for your input as always, BIF. If I’m getting even money that one player shoots +2, I think I have to take it. Friday weather is going to wreak havoc also.

I’m in a couple pools for this week and and on one I picked +3 as winning score (for a tie breaker) so maybe we both win !

• Highandinside

@BIF said...

There is at least 3-4 birdie holes

Depends where the USGA puts the pins. I think birdies are going to be extremely tough. The superintendent said if anyone is below par he is going to quit.

• BIF

@timusbr said...

such a killjoy…:)

DK doesnt second generation this type of event(IMHO). I am prepared for entering the LU, entering the 1st LU into the second contest or waiting a bit to go for the cash. (only 5500 more to go.)

I hear ya but it’s a (now) free lottery ticket to a 1 in 25K chance to be a millionaire !!

Sit your ass down, take a hit on that bong and pick 6 numbers (err, I mean golfers) !

• Giez

@ifthethunder said...

I haven’t put Thompson in a lineup (yet). Still not even close to working through what I’m doing here. I GOT DAZE! (Err, days.)

Anyways…I tried to find a Thompson gun gif. NO pair a dice. How about ‘Roland the Headless Thompson gunner?’ giphy says, “Fuk off, gramp paw!” So here we are. Barbarella:
    ~

That’s an Austin Powers Fembot…. sheesh 🙄😀

• timusbr

@rstylz said...

Hi guys, new to golf DFS.

Could someone please direct me to an external web site that has all the players and their finishes at what tournies in the last X amount of time.

Thanks!

If I read this correctly, You want finishing position on all golfers at all PGA tournaments. for an unspecified period of time.

good luck with that….A paid service? scraping the PGA website for data. The info is out there for free but requires work.
    I recommend surfing RG to start then see if you can do a trial on a paid site. You can do a copy and paste on all the tournaments from ESPN or another free repository of info.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@BrianVT said...

I feel like we’ve reached a point of saturation on topics that used to involve pages of discussion in here, like GPP vs. Cash, Stats vs. Feel, RF vs. CH, ownership targeting, SG explanations, and so many others. We would really just need some newbies to come in and ask a question. Even though this is a major, and that’s exciting, it’s not much different than any other weekly discussion, with just the typical tidbits of who you like/hate and why. Although some newbies pop in with an aggressive attack on someone that can last a few pages, which is no fun, we probably just need some new golf topics/ideas that haven’t really been pondered.

Great post I agree with this..more discussions on strategy would be awesome. One question I have always had in the forum is when you guys ask pairing questions..
    for example..

I see a lot of these type posts in all sports especially with NBA, NFL and GOLF:

When someone says who do you prefer: Reed/Fowler or DJ/Reavie.. (made up examples)

What makes those combos elite or maybe I should say preferred? I guess my question is why do guys have certain pairings and how do you go about making those pairings? I always say to myself why not play all 4 if salary allows.

• timusbr

@BIF said...

I hear ya but it’s a (now) free lottery ticket to a 1 in 25K chance to be a millionaire !!

Sit your ass down, take a hit on that bong and pick 6 numbers (err, I mean golfers) !

LMAO, you trying to tell me to put the big boys pants on and stop being a pussy?

I am scamming now, I got my lotto ticket in, I just think a redistribution of my DK wealth would benefit me more. I dont need cash, I would take DK$. I really got a refresher course in DK contests on Sunday.

I played a Tiers $1 and $5 Gpp. both had 35,671 entries. The $1 was 5% to the winner and the $5 was 30% to the winner. I finished 49th in the $1 and 69th in the $5 about even and they both paid $50
    finishing in the top POINT 2 PERCENT and getting 10x is kind of an issue with me.

Now you want me to do the same thing with $100…..I do not need to help DK pay for the advertising of stupid payout structers and the giddiness of playing for tickets and winning is losing its luster.

puff puff pass

• byo34

Oh dear! Tim just got me high.. all of a sudden I have a lineup with Fitzpatrick. Now I am feeling better about the week!

Good luck all!

• BrianVT

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

What makes those combos elite or maybe I should say preferred? I guess my question is why do guys have certain pairings and how do you go about making those pairings? I always say to myself why not play all 4 if salary allows

I honestly don’t understand those pairing questions either. All I can think is they’re down to just that much salary in a single entry. For me, that’s just another opportunity to make another lineup so you have no regrets.

• Straightfire118

This tourney is going to be a complete bomber fest. Total driving and tee to green boys that’s where it’s at.

• noddy

@Straightfire118 said...

This tourney is going to be a complete bomber fest. Total driving and tee to green boys that’s where it’s at.

They better hit it straight.

• noddy

OK the post you all have been waiting for…

Winner – no clue
    Fade – Rory and many others
    Sleeper – Harman and Hughes

• Straightfire118

@noddy said...

They better hit it straight.

Right that’s why I have total driving and not sg off the tee. Imagine short hitters not hitting it straight insta bogey.

• LionIrons

Winner: Rahm
    Fade: Schauffele
    Sleeper: Willett

• titanhawks

@whodat2 said...

Middle of June and Father’s Day Weekend coming up

Not much else going on then

• MrBreeze

@byo34 said...

Oh dear! Tim just got me high.. all of a sudden I have a lineup with Fitzpatrick. Now I am feeling better about the week!

Good luck all!

Have plenty of Fitz

• MrBreeze

Winner: J Rahm
    Fade: Bison DeShamWow
    Sleeper: Hughs & Bezuidenhout

• deadheadtoyz

Anyone know why Rasmus Hojaard is not available on FanDuel?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.