PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Sept 17-20

Where: Mamaroneck, NY

Course: Winged Foot GC | A par 70 playing at 7477 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Gary Woodland at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +2 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MrBreeze

@lfn1992 said...

You can cash $20 Milly tickets for the $30K scramble (3 entry Max). Still debating what to do. I have 11 Milly tickets. Use the 3 here, plunk the rest on the Masters?

I have 18 Milly Tickets, I think I am going to use BIF’s advice and play 2/3 of them, then try to build back up for the Masters

EDIT: Just realized it is 3 Max, wow that’s crappy DK

• shadowchap1978

Mass Subbing out Horsefield for Kokrak….what could go wrong fellas?

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

Kokrak or Munoz?

• timusbr

@whodat2 said...

I’ve got beat the forum this week. I opened the restart with 3 straight weeks worth of wins. Then Tim jinxed me by mentioning my name as one of the guys with 3 straight weeks placing in the happy meal. Since that jinx, I have lost in cash 9 out of 10 weeks. The regression is coming hard…. Beware!

Sorry Whodat, but on the plus side i finished the season and all 3 events with x3 points with points. BrianVT also rode the same wave and finished 2nd in the cup.

• timusbr

First look at US Open just crashed my “major” plan of attack that has worked for a year….

If its a major….Play Brooks. Well that doesnt work here. (LMAO, I am waiting for MME to break out on the driving range between Bison and Brooks). The ESPN golf guy (Collins) had a theory, that Bison started the bulk up in order to even the weight difference between him and Brooks. He guessing that Bison was intimidated, didnt like it and changed. Now, we wonder if he wants to say anything to Brooks’s face.

• Kp24

Damn I know the course is gonna play hard but why do we have to play hard too? These prices are TIGHT, there’s no 6 guys I can construct where I feel like I have the winner and 5 other guys I can depend on. Even my balanced builds don’t look great

And also is this Top 60 and ties? Could be rough

• MrSnuffleupagus

@osuryanf said...

There’s a lot of really solid Euro guys coming over that are priced way too cheap. Figuring out which ones to balance my lineup with is the only question I’ll be debating all week.

Fading every euro tour player. This course will eat their lunch

• Straightfire118

Why the F is the milly maker $100 dollars this week complete bs. The $20 millys always fill yet they decided to ruin their contest selection on the week of US Open……………Cool beans……..

• MACKTYSON

@klf_is_gonna_rock_ya said...

Kokrak or Munoz?

Kokrak

• kps3205s

Funny reply tweet…..

Byeong Hun An
    @ByeongHunAn
    Played the back nine today and shot +8 though…

Quote Tweet
    Philip Hatje
    @Hatchman41
    · 2h
    First and only bets for US Open

Ben An to win
    Ben An to top 20
    Ben An to top 10
    4:37 PM · Sep 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

• Getty33

@klf_is_gonna_rock_ya said...

Kokrak or Munoz?

Why not choose between Beavis or Butthead in this event?

• byo34

Anyone know if Kuchar has a caddie that isn’t his wife this week?

I know his old caddie is with Cam Champ now.

Mainly just wondering out of curiosity, don’t really think I will play him.

• lester461

Kuchar, Spieth, and Stenson used to plug and plays at majors. Now all are 7500 and below and will probably be less than 5% owned.

• lfn1992

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

• lester461

With the Cut being T60 and ties and with expected carnage it makes it much easier to pair DJ and Rahm up top and pray you pick the right lotto numbers in the 6k range.

• shadowchap1978

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Hmm I’m coming around to your thinking Mr. Snuffleupagus….Hojjagarrd and Detry are very tempting to me with Horsefield now out. Those two are better players then some of these guys. Decisions Decisions..

• shadowchap1978

@lfn1992 said...

I love the Euro Tour! I’m hooked on it. Been having some decent success to boot. I know your licking your chops seeing some of these guys who are normally priced at 10k and above down in the dumpster diving section of the player pool. It will be interesting to see how they handle the monster that is Winged Foot.

• gibbathy

2014 FSWA Golf Writer of the Year

• Blogger of the Month

@HarryV said...

Hey, how have you been gibbathy?

Oh s*^t. HarryV!!!!!!!!

It’s been a long time mate. Life is crazy here. Hope all is well with you.

• timusbr

@lester461 said...

With the Cut being T60 and ties and with expected carnage it makes it much easier to pair DJ and Rahm up top and pray you pick the right lotto numbers in the 6k range.

I second this….lots of golfers that can be used as big salaries… cant roster them all.
    lots of golfers at the mid range pricing…..but who wants to leave out all the guys at the top of the list.
    Plenty of low salary guys to choose from, but is it a lottery or is it guessable?
    2 salaries 2 mid range 2 scrubs seems to be the play. maybe I can move up in salary to end up with 1 scrub.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@kps3205s said...

Funny reply tweet…..

Byeong Hun An
    @ByeongHunAn
    Played the back nine today and shot +8 though…

Quote Tweet
    Philip Hatje
    @Hatchman41
    · 2h
    First and only bets for US Open

Ben An to win
    Ben An to top 20
    Ben An to top 10
    4:37 PM · Sep 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I saw that I thought it was funny.

• j_holiday

I’ve developed a better OWGR called the Professional Golf Rating (PGR). New PGR rankings are out! Here are the notable jumps from last week:

38. K. Streelman (+8)
    60. D. Redman (+23)
    73. B. Cauley (+11)
    79. S. Burns (+12)
    89. H. Higgs (+33)
    114. S. Cink (+38)
    136. G. Coetzee (+32)
    154. W. Zalatoris (+6)

Check out the latest rankings here

DK salaries have been added for the US Open! Check out the second tab to see recent form for all players.

@JStocksSmith

• qatman

Well I spent a cool 30 minutes on my single lineup this week. I have a lot of old guys not named Tiger or Phil, plus one youngster. Taking DJ for the win as he is just too hot right now – if he gives a damn this week, he should at least be there at the end. Hopefully the high salary will keep his ownership down.

• bjrogers2000

@j_holiday said...

I’ve developed a better OWGR called the Professional Golf Rating (PGR). New PGR rankings are out! Here are the notable jumps from last week:

38. K. Streelman (+8)
    60. D. Redman (+23)
    73. B. Cauley (+11)
    79. S. Burns (+12)
    89. H. Higgs (+33)
    114. S. Cink (+38)
    136. G. Coetzee (+32)
    154. W. Zalatoris (+6)

Check out the latest rankings here

DK salaries have been added for the US Open! Check out the second tab to see recent form for all players.

@JStocksSmith

Thanks for posting

• Dshand03

@MrBreeze said...

I have 18 Milly Tickets, I think I am going to use BIF’s advice and play 2/3 of them, then try to build back up for the Masters

EDIT: Just realized it is 3 Max, wow that’s crappy DK

I don’t even see how to use tickets for this contest. Usually I see a ticket icon when it can be used and I don’t see it for the 3 max, and when I reserve it’s only allowing cash as an option. I must be missing something? I do only use the mobile app, is that it?

• timusbr

@Dshand03 said...

I don’t even see how to use tickets for this contest. Usually I see a ticket icon when it can be used and I don’t see it for the 3 max, and when I reserve it’s only allowing cash as an option. I must be missing something? I do only use the mobile app, is that it?

I believe in this instance you would need to contact customer support and ask them to help make it work.

idk, I have been told something is ez when you ask DK something, and ive been disappointed. but I know this is possible.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.