PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Sept 17-20

Where: Mamaroneck, NY

Course: Winged Foot GC | A par 70 playing at 7477 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Gary Woodland at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +2 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sneaksox

@lfn1992 said...

One time, Brian Harman!

Got it! Way to go other lefty!

Dahmen with a great effort coming in too…if +7 makes it.

• lfn1992

HarMAN

• depalma13

@BobbyTheBrain said...

Serious question, does 5/6 pretty much assure you will place in the money

No

• BIF

@geniusjt4 said...

Patrick Reed is a great golfer.

Actually he is hitting it all over the yard (not great normally for a US Open) but has the best short game of anyone out there near the lead.

He is getting it up and down from everywhere

• achesley711

Sorry I’m sure this has been posted, but is it just top 60 plus ties, or do amateurs not count towards cut line? No 10 shot rule?

• lfn1992

All Ty Hatton has to do now is streak on the last three holes at Winged Foot, the three hardest holes on the course, and he’s in. Easy!

• achesley711

I can’t believe I put myself in a position to rely on Ian Poulter and Justin Rose

• JTAx33

I don’t believe my eyes, Patrick Reed has missed a putt

• sneaksox

Bogey. Got the Reed sweat going strong.

• BIF

@achesley711 said...

Sorry I’m sure this has been posted, but is it just top 60 plus ties, or do amateurs not count towards cut line? No 10 shot rule?

Top 60 & ties – no 10 shot rule

It’s an Open tourney so Ams are same as Pros for counting – as an aside they got rid of that rule on PGA Tour and it’s just a straight headcount regardless of Am or Pro.

• timusbr

@Kingspark35 said...

Whoever said ‘cheats never win’ knew nothing about real life.

I am sorry, I cant let this stand… Perhaps they win…competition/money/something…. but Their soul…They do not win overall all things considered. A big problem in our world today is People are unethical and will do anything to gain money and power and we admire them for it, shame on all you that accept it.

• noddy

Thanks a lot Hughes ya clown.

• Ricardo5346

Last-minute swapped out Berger & Fitz for Mats and Hatton. Now I’m rooting for +8.

• achesley711

@BIF said...

Top 60 & ties – no 10 shot rule

It’s an Open tourney so Ams are same as Pros for counting – as an aside they got rid of that rule on PGA Tour and it’s just a straight headcount regardless of Am or Pro.

Thanks, not that it really mattered because my teams are littered with +8 golfers and I don’t see it getting there.

• lfn1992

If I could get a +8 cut line and Ty Hatton missing the cut, I would absolutely take that tradeoff

• lfn1992

I find it difficult to picture the absolute carnage it would take to get a +8 cut line. I think it will settle at +7

• deepfat

Only 6 players under par. Now we have ourselves a U.S. Open.

• timusbr

I think with a little better careful planning I could have made a showdown LU that ended in negative numbers.

• JH822547

Bez doing his best to miss the cut

• timusbr

anyone else notice the self proclaimed on the numbers cut guesser hasnt made a guess yet.

• BobbyTheBrain

How’s draftkings coming along with paying out yesterday’s showdown…having a hard time adding all the big numbers or what

• deepfat

A 5/6 only losing Hatton and having my two single digit owned players in is a solid tradeoff.

• JH822547

Kuchar dead

• BrianVT

This weekend is actually going to be fun to watch, DFS-wise. Some of my best lineups right now have like 2 or 3 guys missing the cut, so they’ll be toast, along with other contestants in the same predicament. Yet, I scroll further down towards the middle of my string of lineups and I find some guaranteed 6/6s that just don’t have more than one of the top 5. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

• BrianVT

@BobbyTheBrain said...

How’s draftkings coming along with paying out yesterday’s showdown…having a hard time adding all the big numbers or what

Maybe they can gain another day of interest.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).