PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Sept 17-20

Where: Mamaroneck, NY

Course: Winged Foot GC | A par 70 playing at 7477 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Gary Woodland at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +2 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• winnerchickendinner

Guess going top heavy for the weekend slate

• timusbr

@BrianVT said...

For all of the guys that always make me nervous to play, yet I still went against my gut (Reavie, Poston, Hughes, Kuchar, An, Fitzpatrick, Woodland), I never thought Glover would the be solid one.

I dont have all the same players but that thought entered my mind more than once before thursday.
    playing guys I would be nourvous about feeling a bit stupid to roster them….

first off I got to say Reed was on the list but I did not even play him. but Adam Scott is who I am most surprised got thru.

• HunkerToe

Tiger to miss the cut was the only good bet I made. So glad I don’t have to be force fed every Tiger shot tomorrow.

• lfn1992

@lfn1992 said...

Here’s a 6/6 I got through

JT
    DJ
    Pieters
    Westwood
    Oosty
    HarMAN

Not sure what to make of it

This was only 6/6 I got through out of 75 LUs

1 6/6
    12 5/6

What’s a bit tilting is that I have 8 of the Top 10 golfers in my pool but no real killer 6/6 or 5/6. Losing Kaymer at the end was a real killer, and of course Fleetwood.

• Gtzerphy

@HunkerToe said...

Tiger to miss the cut was the only good bet I made. So glad I don’t have to be force fed every Tiger shot tomorrow.

👍 Must be a Philly thing!

• BrianVT

Out of 51,

4 are 6/6
    13 are 5/6

Man

• timusbr

20 LU’s 1 5/6 2 2/6 and a lot of 4/6’s.
    most contests are 5% 6/6 and 25% 5/6 and 40% 4/6. I think it safe to say your 4/6’s cant win big money but it will be a sweat on making cash. I think and hope things will change around a bit and the right things happen were in the money.

7 golfers today (DK Classic scoring) would have been better off if they WD yesterday. Still not playing tomorrow. I know it was a tough day at a tough course but they need some type of award or list of shame.
    J.T. Poston
    Jordan Spieth
    Andrew Putnam
    Greyson Sigg
    Eduard Rousaud
    Ryan Fox
    Sung Kang

• stackowak81

Drunkenly made 6 showdown lineups before bed last night. Spent $75 and won $184 in cash and 6 milly tickets. Happy with that decision.

Only got 4/6 on my $100 milly ticket but with reed, webb, Hideki, and oost I’m hopeful for a min cash maybe. Currently in 1913th.

Matthew Fitzpatrick has missed the cut every single tournament I’ve ever played him. Clearly I have no feel for him and I don’t remember why I took him 🤦‍♂️

• depalma13

Got 3 6/6’s through, somehow I duped one of my own.

….2X….
    Thomas………………………Berger……………….Berger
    Mats…………………………..Mats………………….Mats
    Scott…………………………..Scott…………………Scott
    Im………………………….Finau………………..Simpson
    Todd…………………………Todd…………………Hadwin
    Munoz………………………..Munoz………………Munoz

• JH822547

Weather forecast suggests late starters will have the best of it, which is disappointing.

• shadowchap1978

Ugh just watched Morikawas last two holes to miss the cut…What a..

• depalma13

Tiger missed the cut. Golf channel spends all morning showing Tiger and explaining why he’s not playing this weekend.

• lendahand21

@depalma13 said...

Tiger missed the cut. Golf channel spends all morning showing Tiger and explaining why he’s not playing this weekend.

for someone who started watching golf after tiger was over the hill i cannot stand how much they cover him

• BigRay

@lendahand21 said...

for someone who started watching golf after tiger was over the hill i cannot stand how much they cover him

as an old fart around here, it pains me so much when I ask my friends and family if the are watching golf, and they reply “Only if Tiger is playing.” Tiger was great, it was fun to ride the wave of his career. Now, the field is so much stronger and recently some of the most competitive golf is being played by these young guns just hitting the tour

• BrianVT

Bubba is gaining a lot of strokes OTT and App. If he could just get a little luck ATG, he could be up there with the leaders. Might throw him in a SD.

• ifthethunder

@BrianVT said...

Out of 51,

4 are 6/6
    13 are 5/6

Man

Your idea of keeping the entry fleas down for this was a good one. I listened, but should have listened even more. 3/12 are 5/6. Ryan Fox torpedoed my Happy Meal, and Ty Hatton got the other two. (He also helped torpedo plenty of others, but they’re all 4/6 or 3/6 anywho.)
    ~

• shadowchap1978

Already looking at the Corales Puntacana field for next week… should be an interesting week! Looking for some bounce backs from some of the younger guys.

• Getty33

And once again 7 of the 8 golfers who have finished at least one hole are over par for the round.

• JH822547

Feels like we’re only going backwards baby.

• lfn1992

Already regretting playing Brian Harman in Showdown

• wigg_ESEA

RG Overall Ranking

Oh my the course is killer out there good luck lol someone is shooting 16 over

• Arsenal952

Only playing the late tee times. Trying to talk myself out of playing Finau.

• Ricardo5346

These guys are getting killed right now.

• Arsenal952

@lendahand21 said...

You missed the greatest 10 years I have ever had watching sports, but I feel you lol.

• JH822547

I bet everyone feels stupid now sweating people making the cut only for them to go out and score 3 points for the round.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.