MAIN FORUM

Comments

• saahilsud

• 2016 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

When I first starting playing DFS, I could never have envisioned the success I’ve had and, consequently, how noteworthy my username would become. As my username has now caused confusion affecting a person named Max Dalury, whom I am associated with. In order to avoid confusion going forward I think its best that I change my username to my own name, Saahil Sud.

I had alerted Draftkings and Fanduel about a month ago and have worked with them to make this happen as transparently and fairly as possible. Starting today, my user name will be saahilsud, and I’ll only be formerly known as maxdalury. 

During the month of February, Draftkings and Fanduel will be using a combination of my old username (maxdalury) and new username (saahilsud) as my displayed username. In March, it will just become saahilsud.

• ezellmt

RG Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Since your name will be used constantly in the industry, it might be helpful to spell it phonetically here, hopefully reducing the amount of mispronunciation that takes place.

• crazypaul

I’m just going to refer to you as “The artist formerly known as MaxDalury”.

• Myballzachertz

People confuse me with the Tight End all the time and I just tell them to deal with it.

• smallANDflaccid

@crazypaul said...

The artist formerly known

• baseballs

sorry Base Balls. I’m not changing my username regardless of how much it’s affected you.

• prpmgroup

Very Intelligent of you to provide transparency for everyone.

Cudos to you for thinking first and acting second. Great Job!

• whodat2

You will always be Maxdalury to me.

• JustDFSin

@whodat2 said...

You will always be Maxdalury to me.

Saints 2016 believe dat!!. On a side note now I can see everyone wanting to change there username since they allowed suds to do it.

• Bbondsmvp

It’s still real to me dammit!

• donnybasbl

Oh……well done, Bbonds.

• tvsfrink

What does this do to his Fish status in $5300 Head to Head contests?

• meerkatmreow

@tvsfrink said...

What does this do to his Fish status in $5300 Head to Head contests?

Ryazan v. Saahilsud: The Fishening Part Deux

• AtGame7

This is an obvious attempt at getting around the block feature on DK to scoop my heads up games. I’m on to to you, though.

• MrWorldwide

My goal is to get so good at this that Pitbull will complain about me using his name…… DALE!!!!

• shark61350

Does he lose all rankings & have to start from scratch?? From the screen name edit page:

“Remember: If you change your screen name on any site you will lose the results you earned prior to the name change. We recommend sticking with your original screen name on all sites if possible.”

• Olhausen

@shark61350 said...

Does he lose all rankings & have to start from scratch?? From the screen name edit page:

“Remember: If you change your screen name on any site you will lose the results you earned prior to the name change. We recommend sticking with your original screen name on all sites if possible.”

Does Kobe Bryant deserve to go to the all star game this year? No, but he’s Kobe freaking Bryant so there’s exceptions to the rules. Deal with it!

• geardaddy

I thought changing usernames were against policy?

• tvsfrink

@Olhausen said...

Does Kobe Bryant deserve to go to the all star game this year? No, but he’s Kobe freaking Bryant so there’s exceptions to the rules. Deal with it!

I’m guessing he’ll score two goals and be named MVP.

• JHols1nger

I always found it really weird that you named yourself after someone you know, is there a particular reason why?

• tjabchs6

@JHols1nger said...

I always found it really weird that you named yourself after someone you know, is there a particular reason why?

https://rotogrinders.com/profiles/saahilsud

• geardaddy

@tjabchs6 said...

https://rotogrinders.com/profiles/saahilsud

still doesn’t say why other than he was an acquaintance

• shark61350

@stekcor said...

still doesn’t say why other than he was an acquaintance

“A former squash player at Amherst College, Sud adopted the online pseudonym “maxdalury” after the real name of another squash player he knew in high school. He also liked the sound of it.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/12/23/from-boston-penthouse-world-best-fantasy-player-plunges-into-startup-world/QHNpLh0O3QMyUDqTd4t27N/story.html

• Thomas21

@stekcor said...

I thought changing usernames were against policy?

It’s not. I was able to get my username changed a few months ago. On DK, the name is supposed to be allowed to be changed 1 time total.

• AidenTheEnemy

It’s okay, my name is not Aiden.

• lionssuck

h

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.