Where: Palm Harbour, FLA

Course: Innisbrook Copperhead | A par 71 playing at 7340 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Paul Casey at -10

Last Year’s Cut: +3

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf Channel | NBC

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Dunzor

I found this for anyone who wants a detailed course layout:

http://www.innisbrookgolfresort.com/pdf/innisbrook-copperhead-yardage-card.pdf

• Steverino01

On a 3 week losing streak. May have to try something different.

• BIF

@Dunzor said...

I’ve played there – tough tight little course; gotta hit the greens as the rough around the greens is usually medium-longish sticky Bermuda rough.

• whodat2

@Dunzor said...

I played in a GCAM tournament there in December. Shot a cool 100. Fun course though.

• timusbr

articles referenced this event sandwiched between THE PLAYERS and WGC matchpay.
    I keep thinking about first week of NCAA mens basketball all day Thursday Friday Sat Sun. on 4 TV channels.

new way to play this week, Single bullet and try to stem the losing streak. At least I will save money on my golf bankroll, while my bookie account gets abused.

• bfwl3434

Furyk going to be chalk? Form and course history are both there.

• smallANDflaccid

@bfwl3434 said...

Furyk going to be chalk? Form and course history are both there.

Certainly more chalk than usual, I would expect.

My concern would be how often do people back-to-back do well (I haven’t reviewed his stats yet to see how much was skill vs luck), and then also whether he has any injury risk (previously wrist and shoulder IIRC), and then to some extent how much mentally this would “matter” less after the last one (he’s pretty intense – I imagine most of them are – so not sure if that’s a thing or not).

Given I am nearly always wrong, do the opposite of anything I say – so he will be low owned, win, and never get injured again.

• Pbasniper

Just want to give a shout out to this forum and everyone on it, even the crazy ones. It’s fun to over react and post GIF’s all day Thursday and Friday for our players but Monday-Wednesday some of you guys share some good info that’s always helpful. I’ve only been playing PGA for 4 weeks now but but I feel like it’s way easier to pick up then my attempt at NHL and I don’t even bother with NBA as I don’t have the time to put into that. I feel like PGA strikes the perfect balance between time to research and the results you can get. I’ve also noticed in my weekly H2H the highest scores are coming from guys I’m playing for fun in the forum while the ones I’m picking up from the normally lobby put together some truly strange teams on a weekly basis that have been drawing dead after Friday, not that I’ll complain about that.

• noddy

@Steverino01 said...

On a 3 week losing streak. May have to try something different.

I’m with you.

• BIF

@smallANDflaccid said...

My concern would be how often do people back-to-back do well

I think that’s called Recent Form 🙄

• Dunzor

@BIF said...

BIF coming in with the hot takes :)

• Kpwgamecock

For the DK golf achievements, I had Sungjae Im and Ryan Moore who both recorded an Ace this week. I figured I’d reach a 2nd milestone and get 1K in Crowns but sadly. It’s just a one time thing, shame on DK. They could’ve maxed it out at least at 3 or 5 instead of one. Not like an Ace happens often.

• smallANDflaccid

@BIF said...

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1107339826708262919

• dbullsfan

Looking over the field it seems pretty strong compared to what i expected with the date change. Hope nobody drops out but Fleetwood, DJ, Rahm, Day, and Sergio is a nice group at the top

• Dunzor

@dbullsfan said...

Looking over the field it seems pretty strong compared to what i expected with the date change. Hope nobody drops out but Fleetwood, DJ, Rahm, Day, and Sergio is a nice group at the top

Ya it is definitely a stronger field than the last few years of this event. I think the schedule shift hurt the Honda Classic but it actually helped the Valspar weirdly

• Pbasniper

Out: Fleetwood, Berger, Noren, Cam Smith
    In: Hatton, Hickok, Lebioda, Reeves

• manoffewwords

@Kpwgamecock said...

For the DK golf achievements, I had Sungjae Im and Ryan Moore who both recorded an Ace this week. I figured I’d reach a 2nd milestone and get 1K in Crowns but sadly. It’s just a one time thing, shame on DK. They could’ve maxed it out at least at 3 or 5 instead of one. Not like an Ace happens often.

Have the achievements been posted? I still show 0 from birdies ace etc. Thanks

• Dunzor

@Pbasniper said...

that didn’t take long

• byo34

@manoffewwords said...

I don’t think so. Waiting on my cut maker and top 5 achievements..

• depalma13

@Kpwgamecock said...

Yep, I had all three players that made the ace. I only got crowns for one.

• smallANDflaccid

@manoffewwords said...

I wrote their support over the weekend asking about it and they said stuff should start coming in from the 4 day classic format throughout the day on Monday.

FWIW I haven’t seen anything yet either in mine

• manoffewwords

@Pbasniper said...

Probably realize next weeks matchplay will be tough. I believe the top 4,have to play 6 matches in 5 days . Really look forward to this event. I think we all learned a lot from last year. Still very good field this week.

Looks like 7 matches in 5 days for top 4. Grueling. On to this week first.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

It’s always important to hit the right high scoring players but this week I believe it’s even more important.

Ly players who scored 70+ DK points 13
    Ly players who scored 50-69.5 DK points 43

Two yrs ago 70+ 17
    Two yrs ago 50-69.5 36

As a comparison at the API 29 players scored 70+ points while at The Players 52 achieved this.

So what does this mean, if you have the T3 players on your team you can cash a 4/6 and perhaps cash well with a 5/6 were as the last two weeks with more points available if was more difficult. Having those top three will give you a 25-30 point advantage over the ones that finish at 70 points were as last week the difference was quite smaller between T3 and T10-12.

On the other end, Ly 62 players scored 30 points or less while two years ago it was 69 with the majority of these players at 20 points or less. 6/6 means a lot this week!

At the Honda I talked about a weak field and dumpster diving. This field should be stronger than the Honda, 298, but not by to much as DJ, Rahm and Day skew that number. Ly the SOF was 370 while two years ago it was 290. I am thinking around 330 this year.

Players 6.9k or less
    Ly scored 70+ points 1 while two years ago it was 6
    Two yrs ago 50-69.5 was 14 players while last year it was 13

I would be careful with two years ago as some of the players to achieve the better scores were players who were up and coming in there career such as Bryson and Hadwin. Occasionally you will get the Jim Herman or Morgan Hoffman play well but the bottom tier on a tough course is difficult.

So how did the top end players do….points from top salary to 8.5k
    Ly
    17.5, 19.5, 87, 14, 79, 103.5, 89, 24.5, 18, 21.5, 59.5, 70, 76.5 and 71
    Two yrs ago
    28.5, 81, 59.5, 28, 60.5, 57, 55, 75, 49, 82.5, 26, 58.5

• Pbasniper

@manoffewwords said...

Mine all hit this AM.

• lfn1992

I already made it to Achievement 7 in “Birdie Machine”, LOL! 60 4-day LUs I guess has a way of doing that.

Also thanks to my choices of Rory/Furyk in my LUs I got to Achievement 5 (this is the Top 5 finish one)

At least my investment paid off in that sense. Funny because I had 0 6/6 and lost like 20 bucks on the LUs themselves.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler