NFL FORUM

Comments

• ISTACKBREADPEOPLE

Hey all,

every week starting Sunday night I put together a preliminary sleeper/value list for every position. I’ve been looking for a community that can offer some good discussion as to the upside and down side to each player on this list. This seems like the best one and the most informative.

Just a little background I play on FanDuel. I only play GPP’s and am looking to prefect my GPP play over the long term. I got lucky and hit a decent 3rd place score and have about a $1,000 bankroll to work with. Nothing big but good enough to work with and build over time. I will also redeposit and have a fall back plan if I bust.

I only play the $1-$2 buy in $30-$60K guaranteed tournaments. I am ok with the variance that goes along with playing large field GPP’s but these are the most fun to me. I am just not that into grinding cash games.

I am looking for players in the $4500-$6500 range that I can pair with elite quarterback/Wide receiver stacks.

Here’s the list and I will most likely Adjust them as the week goes on and do more research. Also, I use the raw defensive statistics on 4for4 to search out the best match ups but that isn’t available until Tuesday so I am going off what I have gathered up to week 12.

Tre Mason $6,000: Plays the Raiders at home on a fast surface.

Bryce Brown $5900: He’s going to be in the Spiller roll when Jackson is fully healthy.

Trent Richardson $5900: I’d rather go Herron at this point as he has the much bigger upside but they play the Redskins at home

Dan Herron $5800: This may be the lowest Herron is all season. Plays the Redskins at home.

Knile Davis $5700: At home against Denver who were somewhat gashed by the Miami running game.

Jerrick McKinnon $5500: Plays Carolina at home who is a bottom 4 run defense last time I checked. Will Tate Vulture his touchdowns? best matchup he’ll have all year and best chance for him to go off.

Stepfan Taylor $5200: Plays Atlanta who is a bottom 4 run defense. Ellington can get banged up at any moment and Taylor stole 2 touchdowns from him a few games back.

Doug Martin $5100: the most unsexy option on here but they play the Bengals. Keep in mind that bengals defense is getting healthier so may not even be worth it at this point.

Let me know what you think I’ll be posting the others maybe tonight or tomorrow

• 33BeRad

There aren’t many good choices under $6500 on FD. The ones that you listed I would take are Herron or Mason, but it’s not like I’m winning tourneys left and right so what do I know. HAHAHA!. One that just jumped out at me though was Andre Williams vs JAX. They should have a lead and he got 10 carries against Dal Sun night.

• iconfantasyJoe

Mason looks like he will be the only one I use from that price range as of now.

I prefer to take down tourneys saving cap at QB and TE and spending on RB and WRs. Bortles and Kelce are the ones I have in right now. Giants are about to pack it in. Jags will score in that game.

I think Terrance West is a great buy at 5300. Everyone will take Crowell if they take anyone, and he is still getting the supply with 14 carries last week, Buff is tough, but in a GPP I will have a group of West lineups.

• dejohnc

Tre Mason and McKinnon from that dumpster fire. Doesn’t seem like a good week to budget RB. I checked some of the WR pricing, and some guys didn’t move much given their workload, so that could be the spot to add value.

However, if I were budgeting RB, I’d go Mason to the points you made, and McKinnon due to his workload. Tate might vulture a TD, but he’ll still get 20+ touches, and that’s a bargain at 5500.

• lionssuck

How about De’Anthony Thomas at 4,800? The Chiefs are going to have to throw the ball against Denver & Thomas was second on the team in targets with 6 last game, not to mention he is a possibility for a return touchdown as well.

• STLChopper

Mason is the only feature back on this list. The rest have playability and/or committee issues. Seems in GPPs you need some floor to go with upside. You can’t just come out of the basement with a hail mary prayer. This isn’t a list anyone should be playing off of imo.

• triplelindy

• Blogger of the Month

On the higher end of that scale I’m looking at Fred Jackson vs CLE. He was rested in the 4th last night due to the blowout, but I’m guessing he is in for a bigger workload this weekend. He will get the dumpoff passes from Orton and a fair share of carries.

• jcleary1

Your more likely to win a GPP by stacking solid value RBs, and this week has PLENTY of them. While I do like Mason (and F. Jackson), I’ll end up using a core of RBs pricing between $6,800 and $7,900. Usually these guys are lowered owned, and have the same ceiling as the elite RBs. IMO you pay up for the elite guys when no one is talking about them, thus paying up to be contrarian, like Matt Forte last week. Or in cash when you’re trying to shoot for high floor guys that’ll secure you’re spot in the money. Look at last week for example, DeMarco Murray had a decent night, but not an elite night like he was priced. However, guys like C.J. Anderson and Justin Forsett won a lot of money for people. What were their prices? $7,200 and $7,700, respectively. Very easy combo to fit in by choosing a cheaper QB/WR stack (similar to the Brees/Colston combo last week) and a cheaper TE (Walker, Chandler, or Wright). Elite GPP LU find solid value in the RB department and multi-TD guys in the WR category, and last week is a perfect example of that.

• Ratdog90

Last week….

Is a perfectly small sample size! :)

• jcleary1

@Ratdog90 said...

Last week….

Is a perfectly small sample size! :)

I was using last week as an example, since it’s fresh on everybody’s mind. But if you look in the past weeks, that’s a trend that comes up often and a pretty solid formula for GPP’s IMO.

• STLChopper

agreed, cleary. while looking at last week is a bit microscopic…………..that obviously wasn’t the point of your example.

• Morphitrix

I think it’s funny that Forsett’s price went down $100. If I’m not mistaken, it’s calculated before the Monday night game…but still, dude has THE highest YPC among RBs this season. I’ll take him.

• ISTACKBREADPEOPLE

Michael Bush or Stepfan Taylor anyone? Falcons are ranked 28th against RB and either could steal goal line carries.

Cards just signed Bush.

Also, are you guys fading Forsett? Chargers are ranked 13th against RB but I don’t think it matters. It’s just that ownership will be very high

• ISTACKBREADPEOPLE

@Jcleary1

It will be hard to stack RB in the $6,800-$7,900 range with an elite QB this week. I figure Mason and McKinnon paired with a CJ Anderson or Jeremy Hill could remedy this.

How do you feel about Carolina’s backfield against Vikings (Ranked 28th against RB)?

Is it too big of a headache?

• iconfantasyJoe

I started the week thinking I would use Ellington. I have since moved off him. Right now, I am not on any RBs I like. Forsett just had his best game of the season, and I dont like to chase points. CJ Anderson is still a reasonable price with a massive upside and I view him as more likely to continue his dominant scores than Forsett. I like Rashad Jennings, but as a Giants fan they are frustrating me with their use of the 1 dimensional Andre Williams on the GL. I think Hill has a great chance to score, but he has his own issues as I am expecting Gio to perform better this week.

Using Leveon might make the most sense paired with CJ anderson. Using stills is a must at 5100. BUt he is not a good bet to score, and Pitt is getting healthier, and will be a heavily owned player.

Not an easy week by any stretch, at least not yet. It will clear up for me as the week moves a long, it always does.

• Eiredame13

Forsett has been a standard in my lineups since week 1…this will be the first week I don’t play him.

• lionssuck

I think if Arian Foster is playing, he is just about a lock for one RB slot. He had a monster game against the Titans last time & it was only 2 weeks ago that Leveon Bell dropped a deuce on them. Even though he was hurt, maybe the 2 weeks off freshened his legs a bit.

• bookersnookers

Hey Guys

I am very new to fanduel so dont flame on me too much! So far I have turned $200 into $1296. I play a lot of 50/50s. I have not placed in the big tourney yet. I cant seem to hit that next level score of about 150

I am curious why no one is discussing Latavias Murray? On his first few carries during the chargers game I couldnt understand why the choose mcfadden over him. That garbage time veiw of him had me put him in every lineup this past week and it paid off. Looks like a stronger Demarco Murray.

• gooch2306

@bookersnookers said...

Hey Guys

I am very new to fanduel so dont flame on me too much! So far I have turned $200 into $1296. I play a lot of 50/50s. I have not placed in the big tourney yet. I cant seem to hit that next level score of about 150

I am curious why no one is discussing Latavias Murray? On his first few carries during the chargers game I couldnt understand why the choose mcfadden over him. That garbage time veiw of him had me put him in every lineup this past week and it paid off. Looks like a stronger Demarco Murray.

I think folks are waiting to see if he passes concussion protocol. Plus, chasing points is usually not a good idea at least not from my limited experience.

• infantryboys

If Blue/Foster (depending on whether Foster plays) paired with Mason is a pretty decent cash or GPP play, IMO.

• ISTACKBREADPEOPLE

Is anyone bothering with Jonathen Stewart or Charles Sims against the Bengals?

• iconfantasyJoe

i think calling Latavius Murray a “stronger” Demarco Murray is a bit much.

• bookersnookers

The announcers during the game both said he runs like Demarco Murray. I thought it as soon as I saw him out of the gate. He runs angry like bradshaw and his style is similar to Demarco Murray aka why he took that shot to the head.

Murray is a good back. He is not great. Take that line away and we have very different production.

• SpeedDemon9

I’m thinking of running out Anderson and Forsett together this weekend. I will also be using Stills.

• jcleary1

@ISTACKDEADPEOPLE said...

@Jcleary1

It will be hard to stack RB in the $6,800-$7,900 range with an elite QB this week. I figure Mason and McKinnon paired with a CJ Anderson or Jeremy Hill could remedy this.

How do you feel about Carolina’s backfield against Vikings (Ranked 28th against RB)?

Is it too big of a headache?

So for GPP’s I tend to shoot for value in QB. So while I love the Luck, Rodgers, Manning group of elite QBs, I tend to go for solid mid-tier QBs with good match-ups AND a solid chance of getting 3x value. That way I’m in a position to load of the rest of my roster with players that can also reach 3x value. For example, Luck is in a pretty good spot this week to get 300+ yrds and 3+ TDs, right? If you pair him up with T.Y. Hilton, chances are you’ll get 40-50 points from those two players. Sounds good right? Well, it’s not that simple. $18,800 will have been spent on two players, in other words , you have roughly $40,000 left to get 130-140 points needed to score big in a GPP. That’s definitely not an easy thing to do.

So for Cash I’ll pay up at QB to set up a solid foundation, whereas I’ll try to squeeze as many points as I can in GPPs by trying to get as many guys that I think could return 3x value as I can on my roster.

As for Carolina’s RB situation, from what I understand Stewart is the better play as he is much more explosive and has more play making ability. However, the run blocking for Stewart is pretty grim looking.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).