INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• weeeshon

Im looking at next weekends slate and the sunday night game isnt included. Does anyone know if this is on purpose or a mistake?

• Ericpaul

It’s on purpose. Unfortunately

• CodeBandit

• osuryanf

I noticed that too.. Why exactly would they do that on purpose?

• weeeshon

lame…sunday night hammer no longer a thing i guess. I was hoping it was a mistake but i guess not :(

• bigez952

Taking off the Sunday night game is common when they do live finals so the contest is completed at a decent time but I don’t understand why they would take it off the standard main slate.

• ocdobv

I can think of a lot of reasons why they’d do it. However, not a single one of those reasons is in the general interest of the DFS community. Previously, it was no more MNF. Now it’s no more SNF. Next, it will probably be no more afternoon games.

They really just want to carve this game out so that degens will feel the need to gamble on the 2 game slates. Many can’t watch a game if you don’t have some action on it.

• Srmustangs

They do it so more will play the primetime slate and get more action. Their issue though will be paying out fast before that slate starts so people can play more as many newbies out their whole roll in action each slate.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Srmustangs said...

They do it so more will play the primetime slate and get more action. Their issue though will be paying out fast before that slate starts so people can play more as many newbies out their whole roll in action each slate.

Definitely agree with this comment. More people will play the Primetime slate and no one will stop playing the Sunday only slate, so DK betting on more overall revenue from this move.

• sgaffney

Rake grab as people have pointed out. I personally like the prime time slates and I hate the general sanctimonious attitude lots of people in the DFS community have towards them but I’m wondering did even one person contact DK and ask for this? I’ve never heard people complain about this as a thing before.

• walkoff9

NBC is pissed right now.

• Yacht67

Moving more NFL action to Fanduel.

• fadein34

The players asked for this, no? (LOL)

Unreal.

• KindGuy

Wow. Draftkings is losing me by the day.

They’ve become all about one thing. Getting as much money as they can with no regard for user experience.

• KindGuy

@Yacht67 said...

Moving more NFL action to Fanduel.

Yep

• Whacko

Let’s pretend DK is doing this as a test.
    But I don’t see them changing anything back once they make the switch.

Remember they diced the hell out of NBA now they are doing it to NFL.

• yanksfan1

As long as they pay out before the Sunday Night game begins, people might roll over winnings from early slate into primetime slate

• TeamSwish412

If you dont like the rules, then put your money where your mouth is. Thing is, people will still play.

I think it’s such a silly move, but if you are an unprofitable business, you need to find more ways to make money. Now, they can make more contests for the 2-game slates AND probably create separate slates to include SNF.

Find me one person who actually likes this.

• jokerswild22

I actually love this change.

Some people complain to complain.

I wasn’t asking or protesting for this change but this will make my Sunday Nights more fun and I can open up my Sunday Nights a bit more. Thanks DK.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

They also raised the rake if you all didn’t notice.

• KindGuy

@thehazyone said...

They also raised the rake if you all didn’t notice.

Holy shit you’re right! I thought 15% was the proverbial red line that none of the sites would try to cross.

Un fucking believable.

I mean it’s totally believable since DK is basically in duopoly now but still. Do they have no shame?

• yisman

@fadein34 said...

The players asked for this, no? (LOL)

Unreal.

https://twitter.com/baseballsDFS/status/912129331362766849

• FantasyDraftSupport

• FantasyDraft Representative

Happy to mention here that our rake has never crossed over 12.99%. Additionally, we are the only operator to offer RAKE FREE H2Hs, and would love to continue seeing more players come give FantasyDraft a try which then allows us to grow prize pools and continue to do what’s best for the industry, which is, as we always have done, to keep the #PlayersFirst!

• jimmyd1507

@FantasyDraftSupport said...

Happy to mention here that our rake has never crossed over 12.99%. Additionally, we are the only operator to offer RAKE FREE H2Hs, and would love to continue seeing more players come give FantasyDraft a try which then allows us to grow prize pools and continue to do what’s best for the industry, which is, as we always have done, to keep the #PlayersFirst!

Now is your chance to capitalize…

Any promo codes or that kinda thing? I’ve got ~$300 on DK right now that could be taken elsewhere.

• KindGuy

Three things I hope they don’t do for NBA season.

1. Have pick’em games or any other stupid variant.

2. Increase rake

3. Shorten slates just because they end at 1 am eastern time.

• KindGuy

While I won’t do a full boycott on DK, I will definitely make sure I’m selective with the contests I do enter.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler