INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• weeeshon

Im looking at next weekends slate and the sunday night game isnt included. Does anyone know if this is on purpose or a mistake?

• yisman

@yanksfan1 said...

As long as they pay out before the Sunday Night game begins, people might roll over winnings from early slate into primetime slate

that would be the idea for them but given how long they typically take to payout, I don’t see this happening.

• buzzkilloton

Change is crap and doesnt make the dfs week better in anyway.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@yisman said...

that would be the idea for them but given how long they typically take to payout, I don’t see this happening.

Right. No way they can have the last game end typically after 7:30 and payout before the 8:30 kickoff. Not to mention even if they could and payouts occur at 8-8:15, how many of those people (who seemingly have $0 balances until they get paid) are just waiting there to enter the primetime contests right away?

I think the idea is just that they know people want action on every game, so if the Sunday night game is no longer part of the main slate, people are just more inclined to play the primetime slate.

• texasrangersfan

This is just terrible move by DK. Later on in the year, the best games will be on Sunday Night. Does anyone know if Fantasy Draft allows TX players? I didn’t see that it was a banned state on their website, but wasn’t exactly sure.

• monds6

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• 2013 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

Email support and give them feedback. I already emailed my contact at DK to voice that I did not like the move. If enough do the same, I am sure the will go back to including the Sun Night game in future weeks.

• tomac

They fill a gpp with over 100,000 entries every sunday night…how many more people could possibly play?

• ohiostate241

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

I won’t be playing on DraftKings this week or until this is corrected.

This is only going to continue until people react with their wallets and not their keyboards or mouth. Pretty soon there will not be an option of an all-day slate, it will just be 1PM slates and 4PM slates.

Having paid 6 figures in rake over the last few years enough is enough.

• jjwd

@monds6 said...

Email support and give them feedback. I already emailed my contact at DK to voice that I did not like the move. If enough do the same, I am sure the will go back to including the Sun Night game in future weeks.

Good idea. While you’re at it, everybody… tell them to stop filling everything an hour early, and tell them they have too many slates and game styles.

• jjwd

Also if they are so concerned with rake, increase the max entries past 20, and put a lineup builder on the site which everyone can use.

• FFguru71

Flatten the damn payout structures!!

• Whacko

@FFguru71 said...

Flatten the damn payout structures!!

They can increase the Rake because it is within their collective rights, However A flatter payout structure should be the focus IMHO.
    When you have to basically get in the Top 10% just to double your entry…kinda sucks..

However that’s for another thread.

Just wait till we see open ended entry limits.
    Say the contest has a 250k limit, it fills well before lock, they soft open it to 275k, which doesn’t fill. now we have artificial overlay… because even if they get 5k entries they get that extra rake…
    They can easily stealth changes without doing anything.

• jimmyrad

@thehazyone said...

They also raised the rake if you all didn’t notice.

Between these simultaneous FU’s to the player base I think it’s high time for a week long DK boycott.

I’m IN, who’s with me?

• Nick312

I don’t play NFL so this doesn’t specifically concern me, but I reached out to DK to let them know if they remove west coast games from main NBA slates I will no longer play. If you feel the same way I strongly encourage you to let them know.

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

Didn’t fanduel increase NFL rake already this year?

• FantasyDraftSupport

• FantasyDraft Representative

@texasrangersfan said...

Does anyone know if Fantasy Draft allows TX players?

• yisman

@divusjulius said...

Didn’t fanduel increase NFL rake already this year?

yes they did

• cinthree

@Stewburtx8 said...

Right. No way they can have the last game end typically after 7:30 and payout before the 8:30 kickoff. Not to mention even if they could and payouts occur at 8-8:15, how many of those people (who seemingly have $0 balances until they get paid) are just waiting there to enter the primetime contests right away?

I think the idea is just that they know people want action on every game, so if the Sunday night game is no longer part of the main slate, people are just more inclined to play the primetime slate.

While I do agree part of the appeal to DK was that people want action on every game, so if SNF is not on main slate, people will want to play the SNF/MNF slate, I also think they absolutely will try to have the “main” slate contests cleared and winnings awarded before SNF starts.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they spent the last 3 weeks testing their procedures/mechanics for closing out the slate / awarding money / finalizing the contests so that they felt comfortable they can do it in an hour.

Obviously we’ll see, but I’d be SHOCKED if they don’t have the main slate contests cleared at least 15 minutes before the start of the SNF game, unless there is some sort of weather delay (like there was in the Cowboys/Broncos game week 2). If there’s some sort of hour-long delay in a game like that Week 2 game, then yes, obviously they won’t have the contests cleared for SNF.

• tvc78

So sad, Shame on you draftkings! This might be the official end to daily fantasy. I have never seen a startup company ignoring their true client base for a few big wigs advantage. Good luck with
    this move DRAFTKINGS

• tvc78

I can think of a couple… The main players that are now getting even more of an advantage! But draftkings is trying to level the field.lol

• TheRyanFlaherty

I think the extreme reactions in this thread represent a minority.
    DraftKings has done a great job expanding the player base thus far this season, and if anything, having one less game to worry about and simplifying the process is a positive to the customers they are trying to bring in and retain.

Remember – the general public bets the Over.
    There’s no fun in rooting for nothing to happen. I think that’s a key concept here. If you don’t have a player in the Sunday night game, you’re scoring stops and you’re left waiting 5 or so hours to see if you profited, with nowhere to go but down.
    It’s not a pleasurable experience to the general consumer.
    When that happens they may over correct and feel they “need” players in the Sunday night game, which may not be the optimal strategy for a given slate, creating a cognitive dissonance. In essence DraftKings has simply removed that anxiety.
    (Edit* – and that doesn’t even take into account injury situations. At least with 4pm games – you can have more options to switch too if a game time call is ruled out. I realize this can be leveraged as an advantage by more skilled, or more likely, high volume players that will hedge the risk/reward…but again, it’s not necessarily enjoyable for the majority)

Now having said that…Personally, my reaction is whatever. I’m fine either way.
    Although, I do agree that I would be upset if they continue to chop the “main slate”, but as it stands I can imagine some weeks I’ll be relieved, and others I’llwish it was included. It won’t affect my play on the site.
    If nothing else, it now makes FantasyDraft, FD and DK each unique when it comes to the Main slates. Which I’m a fan of.

Also, I’m not sure why this is so much worse than not including the London games…well I do, it’s because people are prioritizing what is convienent to them as the standard for the “Main slate”…but if you’re going to argue for needing to keep the Sunday night game to preserve the integrity of the all Sunday slate, why wouldn’t you have to include the morning game as well?…

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I think the extreme reactions in this thread represent a minority.
    DraftKings has done a great job expanding the player base thus far this season, and if anything, having one less game to worry about and simplifying the process is a positive to the customers they are trying to bring in and retain.

Remember – the general public bets the Over.
    There’s no fun in rooting for nothing to happen. I think that’s a key concept here. If you don’t have a player in the Sunday night game, you’re scoring stops and you’re left waiting 5 or so hours to see if you profited, with nowhere to go but down.
    It’s not a pleasurable experience to the general consumer.
    When that happens they may over correct and feel they “need” players in the Sunday night game, which may not be the optimal strategy for a given slate, creating a cognitive dissonance. In essence DraftKings has simply removed that anxiety.
    (Edit* – and that doesn’t even take into account injury situations. At least with 4pm games – you can have more options to switch too if a game time call is ruled out. I realize this can be leveraged as an advantage by more skilled, or more likely, high volume players that will hedge the risk/reward…but again, it’s not necessarily enjoyable for the majority)

Now having said that…Personally, my reaction is whatever. I’m fine either way.
    Although, I do agree that I would be upset if they continue to chop the “main slate”, but as it stands I can imagine some weeks I’ll be relieved, and others I’llwish it was included. It won’t affect my play on the site.
    If nothing else, it now makes FantasyDraft, FD and DK each unique when it comes to the Main slates. Which I’m a fan of.

Also, I’m not sure why this is so much worse than not including the London games…well I do, it’s because people are prioritizing what is convienent to them as the standard for the “Main slate”…but if you’re going to argue for needing to keep the Sunday night game to preserve the integrity of the all Sunday slate, why wouldn’t you have to include the morning game as well?…

I think the biggest issue you are missing here is that once bye weeks start AND NBC/NFL start flexing the best game of the week to Sunday night, this becomes a bigger issue.

When 13 games is reduced to 12 and we lose the Seattle/Indy game, I don’t really have an issue.

But in Weeks 8 and 9, 11 games is reduced to only 10 games in the main slate. We also could lose games like KC/Dallas, Denver/Philly, Pittsburgh/Detroit, etc.

Week 7 we would lose the Atlanta/New England game from the main slate. Week 11 has Philly vs Dallas.

To me this is a short sighted decision that doesn’t look bad in Week 4 but will get worse as the season goes on.

• JimmyDick85

I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t really mind the change with SNF. I can almost never stay awake through all of SNF as I usually have to be up around 5am EST on Monday morning, so this means I’ll actually be able to watch the entire slate instead of not getting to see how it finishes out until the following morning. For the hardcore DFS player, I can see why this isn’t optimal, but for the casual player or the east coast guy who has to be up Monday morning, I do think there’s some positives. Now as for that rake increase…

• yisman

London games are irrelevant because most weeks there isn’t a London game and you can’t arbitrarily change the lock time of the slate from week to week.

It obviously needs to lock at 1 PM Sunday each week.

SNF game is totally different and should absolutely be included.

• bigez952

The more I think of it there are for sure pros and cons of this change so I am torn how I feel about it. The pro as stated by several in this thread it will be nice to be able to go to bed Sunday knowing how you did for the day since I am with the group that has early mornings so it has been years since I have seen a 2nd half of a SNF game. The con is it is one less game for the slate which means less options.

• billholler

Every time DK or FD make even a minor change, the people on here start acting just like the people that say they are leaving Facebook and never coming back. The next morning they are posting on Facebook like nothing ever happened.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.