PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: May 6-9

Where: Charlotte, North Carolina

Course: Quail Hollow Club | A par 71 playing at 7554 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Max Homa at -15 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Coverage: PGATourlive | Golf Channel | CBS

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ifthethunder

I guess I wasn’t making my own spreadsheets back in 2019. Does anyone have a link to the Happy Meal contest (if DK even saves them that long)?
    ~

• timusbr

@ifthethunder said...

I guess I wasn’t making my own spreadsheets back in 2019. Does anyone have a link to the Happy Meal contest (if DK even saves them that long)?
    ~

I have 95% of the contest CVS’s
    I havnt looked at this weeks data, still need to put it together. but 2019 I am sure I have.

note: I dont remember a lot of stuff, but I do remember this event was played somewhere else the year they played a major at Quail Hollow (dont remember year or course).

• byo34

@timusbr said...

I have 95% of the contest CVS’s
    I havnt looked at this weeks data, still need to put it together. but 2019 I am sure I have.

note: I dont remember a lot of stuff, but I do remember this event was played somewhere else the year they played a major at Quail Hollow (dont remember year or course).

Yup, Harman won that year at a much shorter course. 2017. JT won the PGA Championship at Quail Hollow.

• Getty33

DK is running a promo for risk free contests all week. Wednesday is a $3 PGA entry. If you don’t cash, the entry fee is refunded.

• ifthethunder

@Getty33 said...

DK is running a promo for risk free contests all week. Wednesday is a $3 PGA entry. If you don’t cash, the entry fee is refunded.

I like the sound of that!

P.S. I just tried to enter today’s $3 risk free NBA contest.

“The contest has been cancelled.”

Whomp waw. I wonder if the lawyers told them no can do or some such?
    ~

• hbomb57

@Getty33 said...

I just tried to enter the NBA version of this PROMO today and after I entered my players and hit submit it said the contest was cancelled. Will see what happens Wed for PGA.

• bigez952

@ifthethunder said...

I like the sound of that!

P.S. I just tried to enter today’s $3 risk free NBA contest.

“The contest has been cancelled.”

Whomp waw. I wonder if the lawyers told them no can do or some such?
    ~

I couldn’t get it to work either but just tried again now and whatever issue they had is resolved and I got a spot reserved for my $3 donation as I know nothing about the NBA.

• ifthethunder

@bigez952 said...

I couldn’t get it to work either but just tried again now and whatever issue they had is resolved and I got a spot reserved for my $3 donation as I know nothing about the NBA.

Got my entry in too, this time.

P.S. I’m 125/134 the way through Fantasy Basketball Ironman. But based on my usual results, I don’t know anything about it, either. The people posting in the NBA thread are pretty helpful, especially when things get closer to lock…Every night there are players out, teams tanking, etc. etc. which requires last minute scrambling. (Or else just watching your lineups fill with snowflakes.)
    ~

• lfn1992

In – thanks for the heads-up before it filled.

• timusbr

LMAO, Give $3 to DK to get it back in a day or 2. (for NBA). I think I gotta pass, because I am a guaranteed cellar dweller.

Edit: On the other hand I have a $3 mission to make.

• ifthethunder

The new prices are out! The new prices are out!
    ~

• jcotdl

@ifthethunder said...

The new prices are out! The new prices are out!
    ~

this is a better field than i realized!

• ifthethunder

@jcotdl said...

this is a better field than i realized!

Ted Potter Jr. up to 6,400 from 6,100.
    ~

• RudyPujols

@ifthethunder said...

P.S. I’m 125/134 the way through Fantasy Basketball Ironman. But based on my usual results, I don’t know anything about it, either.

Same here. I do a $1 NBA Showdown Double Up daily just for Iron Man. Spend almost zero time on it. 126 down, 8 to go. From my $126 investment, I’ve got $91.10 of winnings, so down about $35. But the ~28,000 crowns + Diamond Month will make it a net gain even if I go 0/8 to close out the year.

I’m also a guaranteed cellar dwellar if that refundable entry is a large slate Classic, which I assume it is. But I’ll probably toss in my $3, anyway.

On a more on-topic note, the one thing that jumped out at me upon an initial scan of the 2019 and 2018 Wells Fargo leaderboards was how well Team Can’t Putt has done in recent years. Homa, Dahmen, Casey, Sergio, and Dufner all Top 5 in 2019. KSDT and Keith Mitchell Top 10. 2018 was Wise T2, Casey again, and Grillo and Luke List Top 10.

• Getty33

@RudyPujols said...

Same here. I do a $1 NBA Showdown Double Up daily just for Iron Man. Spend almost zero time on it. 126 down, 8 to go. From my $126 investment, I’ve got $91.10 of winnings, so down about $35. But the ~28,000 crowns + Diamond Month will make it a net gain even if I go 0/8 to close out the year.

I’m also a guaranteed cellar dwellar if that refundable entry is a large slate Classic, which I assume it is. But I’ll probably toss in my $3, anyway.

On a more on-topic note, the one thing that jumped out at me upon an initial scan of the 2019 and 2018 Wells Fargo leaderboards was how well Team Can’t Putt has done in recent years. Homa, Dahmen, Casey, Sergio, and Dufner all Top 5 in 2019. KSDT and Keith Mitchell Top 10. 2018 was Wise T2, Casey again, and Grillo and Luke List Top 10.

Quail Hollow typically ranks in the top 10 hardest courses for SG from the tee and the fairway, 20 hardest SG around the green, BUT easier than average in SG putting.

• mgravity

I would say based on my fortune cookie LU builder that this is tougher pricing then we have seen in awhile…I can’t use my numbers and stay within the salary cap, I usually can pick a LU and have $200 to $500 left.

• BIF

Keith Mitchell lost 8.92 strokes putting on Sunday.

Worst single SG putting round dating back to 2015; that’s over 100K rounds

• mgravity

@BIF said...

Help me out here…So lets say the average number of puts for the field was 29 would he be at 38 for the round ?

• BIF

@mgravity said...

Help me out here…So lets say the average number of puts for the field was 29 would he be at 38 for the round ?

No this is Shots Gained (Lost) so he lost 9 shots with the putter. For example if from a given length (say 6 feet) it is 50/50 that a pro makes it (so he would gain 0.5 shots with a make and lose 0.5 with a miss), he missed the equivalent of 18 of those !!

Didn’t look at every hole but for every 2.5-3 footer he missed, that is -0.9 or -0.95 as a pro makes roughly 90-95% of those. So those add up fast but he must have a handful of those plus a bunch of 5-7 footers.

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Keith lost me a chance to break even or come out slightly ahead, too.

But he’s 7,000 again this week. So I’ll probably go back to the well for one or three.
    ~

• Wander_Bread

@BIF said...

Sounds similar to my round yesterday. Didn’t make a putt over 3 feet all day. Can’t remember another round like that.

• BrianVT

@timusbr said...

Thanks for pointing that out. That probably would have messed me up.

• timusbr

I think the $3 entry fee back contest is full. someone in it tell me how many people it was for?
    I guess you will need to be quick to get in them.

• timusbr

@BrianVT said...

Thanks for pointing that out. That probably would have messed me up.

it would skew my look, because in my first look I look at the stats for Quail Hollow only. Still need to mark 2017 because they played a different Quail Hollow than they normally play. meaning deeper rough, less second cut, and faster greens…you know Quail Hollow on massive steroid dump.

• Getty33

Not exactly leaking confidential info here but Spider Webb Simpson is Quail Hollow’s “touring professional.” However he’s never won here. But Derek Ernst did in 2013. Don’t even remember the name. What ever happened to…Derek Ernst?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).