Where: Memphis, TN

Course: TPC Southwind | A Par 70 playing at 7244 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Big Ole Broogsy Gepka at -16

Last Year’s Cut: No Cut Event

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf Channel | CBS

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BrianVT

Careful when pulling historical data for this tournament. The WGC – St. Jude has only been at TPC Southwind one year. Prior to that, it was in Akron, OH as the WGC – Bridgestone. So, for more TPC Southwind data (Memphis), you need to switch to the FedEx St Jude Classic prior to 2019.

• ValuableTrader

@BrianVT said...

Careful when pulling historical data for this tournament. The WGC – St. Jude has only been at TPC Southwind one year. Prior to that, it was in Akron, OH as the WGC – Bridgestone. So, for more TPC Southwind data (Memphis), you need to switch to the FedEx St Jude Classic prior to 2019.

Great point, ty sir

• FredPupples

Brooks — NO
    DJ — HELL NO

• kps3205s

Daniel Berger over/under 30% this week?

• FredPupples

I don’t know. My guess is he is pretty expensive given that he has won since the comeback. Most people also know his course history. Might be hard to pick him over a more elite player.

I pay close attention to this tournament each year because I have been volunteering as a marshal on the 16th hole for the last decade. There are about 20 marshals on the hole for most years (we hold the Hush Ya’ll signs), but this year they only needed eight and I got an email telling me a few weeks back that they won’t be needing my services.

• whodat2

@FredPupples said...

I don’t know. My guess is he is pretty expensive given that he has won since the comeback. Most people also know his course history. Might be hard to pick him over a more elite player.

I pay close attention to this tournament each year because I have been volunteering as a marshal on the 16th hole for the last decade. There are about 20 marshals on the hole for most years (we hold the Hush Ya’ll signs), but this year they only needed eight and I got an email telling me a few weeks back that they won’t be needing my services.

Are they allowing any fans at all here?

• FredPupples

I read where they are allowing a few more people at this tournament than previous weeks, but no average Joe fans. They are letting a couple 100 sponsors (FedEx big shots, I guess) on the grounds. Plus wives and family of players are now allowed in. The marshals they need will mostly be helping find errant shots, I assume.

• Joeltimb

Prices are out

• BrianVT

@kps3205s said...

I think he’s chalk that you probably have to play. And I probably just jinxed it right there.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@kps3205s said...

It would be great if he pulled his WGC stunt of teeing off and WD right after.

• hautalak

No berger, no Hatton, and no Webb for me. That starts my fades.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Michael Thompson same price as last week. Not sure if I’ll have any shares, will have to wait and see what ownership looks like.

• Getty33

@kps3205s said...

Under. The field is way too strong for him to garner that kind of ownership.

• Joeltimb

First time playing a no cut event. This seems like a total crapshoot more than normal.

• Mrobbins36

@BrianVT said...

So if we have a membership to greensquaregolf, we should throw the 2019 results out the window and look at the stats from 2018 back? Just making sure I am understanding this correctly?

• johnnyjakes

Pick any 6 guys. See what happens.

• emnj69

should bump contest back up to a milly baseball is pretty much going to be toast

• johnnyjakes

This is the kind of tourney where you don’t even take salaries into account. Pick 6 guys that stand out statistically. If you look at last years event and see the high scores, how much money was left on the table.

• BrianVT

@hautalak said...

Just made a pretty nice lineup with all 3. Thanks for the idea!

• hautalak

@BrianVT said...

Just made a pretty nice lineup with all 3. Thanks for the idea!

Nice! Could be gold with how I’ve been doing. At least a MC can’t bite me this time…

• BrianVT

@Mrobbins36 said...

So if we have a membership to greensquaregolf, we should throw the 2019 results out the window and look at the stats from 2018 back? Just making sure I am understanding this correctly?

I’m keeping the 2019 results of the WGC – St. Jude and adding to it the FedEx St. Jude Classic from 2018 and back. Strength of fields might be different, but will still help with determining the types of players.

From the PGA Media site, I started pulling data for the WGC-St Jude, and all of the years continue past last year, and it took me a sec to see that those are all from Akron, OH. They basically should just split the tournament into different records, but they don’t for some reason, so that’s really all I was pointing out. Not sure how your site is arranged.

• noddy

@hautalak said...

Definitely making a lineup with all 3 of these guys in it :)

• mogan11

@hautalak said...

Nice! Could be gold with how I’ve been doing. At least a MC can’t bite me this time…

I feel like saying that out loud is just begging the DFS gods to WD one of your main picks.

• johnnyjakes

not sure if this is behind a paywall but worth checking out

MODS feel free to delete post if it is.

GoogleDoc for FedExStJude

• hautalak

@noddy said...

Definitely making a lineup with all 3 of these guys in it :)

You guys got jokes today but I understand lol Usually I try and play em all here but you just can’t no matter how many lines.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.