We also have the Puerto Rico Open

Where: Rio Grande, PUR

Course: Grand Reserve Country Club, par 72, 7,506 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Viktor Hovland at -20

Last Year’s Cut: -2

Coverage: Golf Channel

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• whodat2

Course Notes

The Concession Golf Club, par 72, 7,474 yards. The course was designed by Jack Nicklaus alongside Tony Jacklin. Nicklaus conceded a 2-foot putt to Jacklin in the 1969 Ryder Cup and guaranteed the first tie in Ryder Cup history (hence, “The Concession”). The course was well received when it opened in 2006 and the 2015 NCAA Championship, won by Bryson DeChambeau, was hosted there. Nicklaus has since admitted the small greens with tricky contours were inspired by those at Sebonack in New York, and the course flows through a variety of Floridian landscapes.

• Shaver933

Obviously a new course, so we’re mostly just spitballing here to start. For MKF, these are some great opportunities.

“Four of the 5 toughest holes are the par 5’s” (taken from some random PGA article) sounds like either it’s going to play a lot easier than maybe expected, or a lot more difficult. My guess is on easier, and I do love the no-cut events for being able to take some full-tourney overs.

• BlueEdwards

I hate no cut events.

• BrianVT

I prefer the PRO this week, although the no-cut, new location WGC will probably have the better $ on DK. I’d rather be able to run through my data process on a place we know rather than throw darts. I’ll probably still throw a couple darts for fun, but spend most of my time on PRO.

• Money0227

@Shaver933 said...

Obviously a new course, so we’re mostly just spitballing here to start. For MKF, these are some great opportunities.

“Four of the 5 toughest holes are the par 5’s” (taken from some random PGA article) sounds like either it’s going to play a lot easier than maybe expected, or a lot more difficult. My guess is on easier, and I do love the no-cut events for being able to take some full-tourney overs.

Very interesting on the par 5’s being the toughest holes. I’m not quite sure what to do with that yet.

Pretty sure I’ll go light for full tourney and then pick my spots round by round.

• monarch

Are there many Nicklaus bermuda courses? I plugged in Bermuda and Nicklaus and Ryan Palmer is the guy who seems to have the most rounds and fares pretty well. Some guys have zero rounds. It liked Lee Westwood fwiw.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Here is a pretty good read/preview of the course for the WGC this week.

https://www.golfcoursegurus.com/reviews/concession-golf-club/

• BIF

@monarch said...

Are there many Nicklaus bermuda courses? I plugged in Bermuda and Nicklaus and Ryan Palmer is the guy who seems to have the most rounds and fares pretty well. Some guys have zero rounds. It liked Lee Westwood fwiw.

I’m assuming you mean Nicklaus courses used on Tour with Bermuda greens

Nicklaus did the major redesign at PGA National in early 2000’s before it was awarded the Honda Classic around 2007 (that’s why it now has the Bear Pit #15-17)

Not sure if any other Jack courses on Tour have Bermuda greens.

• monarch

That makes sense and will likely be mention during the week as a correlated course.

• Money0227

I’m really disappointed Spieth isn’t in this field. I love him in no-cut events. Always scores better than he finishes (even when not playing well).

• Money0227

@monarch said...

I’m thinking Palmer will most likely be in my lineup this week. I like me some Cam Smith as well.

Some early fades for me (single bullet mentality):

Tony…that one stung. He’ll be back for sure, but maybe not this week.
    Berger…too soon after win.
    Homa…see Berger.
    JT… not sure where he is mentally.

• johnnyjakes

@monarch said...

This is a great read.

https://www.sportsgamblingpodcast.com/2021/02/21/wgc-workday-championship-at-the-concession-preview-and-betting-strategies/

Basically, Jack takes concepts of his favorite courses (Muirfield – The Memorial, Augusta, Riviera, etc) and combined them into one. I’m not focusing on green-type like the guy in the article mentions, because when they get double-rolled as they should and they’re 13-14 on the Stimp, completely equalizes the green type. Better to focus on fast greens.

That being said, I’m playing Sung Kang again.

• johnnyjakes

Channeling my inner Josh Culp, I’m focusing on NCE, Par 72, Long Courses, Fast Greens, and Strong Field Events. Use Performance on Nicklaus courses as a small aspect. Honestly, Murifield Village (Jack’s place) is a good comp. So is Augusta based on Layout.

• byo34

Normally not a WGC fan.. but when its a course that hasn’t been played on the PGA tour before it perks my interest.

Excited for the double dose of golf this week provides with the Puerto Rico Open being played as well!

• RudyPujols

So, PRO is no ST, right? And I assume WGC will have ST, right (my memory is that Mexico did, so surely this will)?

Anybody know if PRO counts toward DK Achievements or just WGC?

• johnnyjakes

Serious Question….. is Spieth back??!! Maybe he got laid or something. He’s a different person the last month or so…

• timusbr

maybe its timing but the website for the course is all error 404 for me

• timusbr

@johnnyjakes said...

Serious Question….. is Spieth back??!! Maybe he got laid or something. He’s a different person the last month or so…

3 solid weeks in a row….I say his game is back. He is relevant again in DFS.

• noddy

Salaries are out. No clue yet who to roster.

• timusbr

@RudyPujols said...

Anybody know if PRO counts toward DK Achievements or just WGC?

Achievements are for PGA events. The Puerto Rican Open is a PGA event. a secondary one but that shouldnt matter. I will play both so your question is irrelevant to my play and must say IDK I think so.

• manoffewwords

Google earth app has a nice 3D flyover on concession golf course Bradenton fl. If course is not set up on easier side,there could be big numbers on majority of holes. This may be a good course for a no cut dfs event. Really looking forward to this event. Great field of top golfers from world,and also good tv coverage. Golf channel from 12-5 and pga tour live from 10-5.

• timusbr

2 Happy Meals this week, and I will do 2 SD’s on ironman 50/50 Fri Sat and Sun

• timusbr

First look at salaries for WGC

Tell me that knowing Euro golf players isnt helpful? this is where all the salary savings will come from.

• manoffewwords

@noddy said...

Salaries are out. No clue yet who to roster.

Yeah,going to be a week,that everyone is going to like their lineups. Palmer looks nice at 7200. He may end up being core play for me

• johnnyjakes

I’m just gonna repeat this. Course is long. Looking at the hole by hole, accuracy off tee isn’t paramount but approach is. For example. Based on Slope and rating from Back Tees, a scratch golfer gets 6 shots the way the course is set up, before they even doctor it for this tourney. Scoring should be similar to, if not, the Memorial. Bogey avoidance will be key this week. Also, the Par 5’s are behemoths. Guys who are not long and accurate off the tee will struggle. Really pumped to see this course. Looks incredible.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).