MAIN FORUM

Comments

• dfcoug

I am going to invest in five courses this season. I have already purchased “How to construct winning daily fantasy football rosters and found it very informative. With over 50 courses to choose from which ones stand out?

• BmoreClutch

I don’t think any of them are a must buy unless you’re brand new to DFS. Most of the information in those courses can be found for free on other sites.

• BIF

I’ve never bought but from looking at the offering and content, I’d recommend the Game Script one for sure as that is one of the most important overlooked aspects in DFS Football (and some other sports). Also depending on your understanding of the game and experience level, the one on selecting QB’s may be of value as you only play one on a lineup so getting that right is a good start.

I’d also suggest the Masters course as you are obviously investing in yourself and trying to get better so your 5th and final course should be something that takes your knowledge to the next level based on your earlier learnings.

• jokerswild22

Just bought a course yesterday and was pretty disappointed in how basic it was.

Probably won’t be buying any more. Seems like they were made for first day players, Like BmoreClutch said. I’ve never felt so dumb for paying $10 for something lol

• JMToWin

• x2

2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@dfcoug said...

I am going to invest in five courses this season. I have already purchased “How to construct winning daily fantasy football rosters and found it very informative. With over 50 courses to choose from which ones stand out?

There are different courses that are valuable for different aspects.

As @BIF said, the scripting one by Crain is awesome if you plan to go mass-entry this year (in that course, he walks through exactly what his process is, and exactly how to approach mass-entry like a single-entry player; Crain released that course before NFL last year, and then used everything he laid out in that course to knock down a Milly Maker win a few weeks into the season). But if you don’t plan to go mass-entry, make sure you are looking toward things that enhance the type of play you are wanting to focus on.

I’m glad you found the “how to construct winning daily fantasy football rosters” course to be informative! That’s still one of my favorite courses I have written.

I have two new courses for the 2017 season that should be up today (or tomorrow, at the latest) – you’ll be able to find them at the top of the RotoAcademy section.

Which leads to another point: the newer courses are always featured at the top, while the older courses are buried deeper. “Newer” doesn’t necessarily mean more valuable, but it does mean more up-to-date.

As to the thoughts about some of the courses being geared toward newer players: that’s absolutely true. Some courses are more geared toward new DFSers, while others are designed to help seasoned players make big improvements to their game.

Most of the video courses, for example, are going to hit on more basic, entry-level elements than the written courses are likely to hit on – simply because the nature of a video course is less conducive to deep-diving. Generally speaking, the titles/topics should help you get a feel for which courses are going to provide the most value for you.

My recommendation would be to start with a couple written courses that seem to fit what you are looking for (naturally, I’ll recommend the two new written courses I just finished! – but basically, peruse the options and select a couple that seem like they will be great for helping you settle your game and take it to the next level), and then, you can use the rest of your RotoAcademy budget to fill in the remaining holes you want to fill in from there.

For example: Maybe you’ll read the two new courses I have written, and from there decide that you want to learn more about cash game play (in which case: Noto’s video course on cash games is a great buy), or maybe you’ll decide you want to learn more about building a weekly process (in which case, you could go to Gimino’s Weekly Process course). Point being: I would say start out with a couple written courses that can help you really enhance your foundation – and then, you’ll have a better idea of what final holes you want to fill from there.

• dfcoug

Thanks for the great feedback, I am planning on doing mass entry and will consider the Game Script course. Look forward to your two new courses as well JMToWin

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler