STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• dollaz916

I see a lot of strategy to win a GPP but how about once you win a GPP. Like what do you focus on? Do you switch to cash games? Do you play higher entry games? does the 10% rule still apply?

• KindGuy

I wake up

• tonytone1908

@elementasrat said...

I wake up

Happy hopefully. Lol.

• Roma315

Usually strippers and cocaine in Vegas.

• Aniesdad

@Roma315 said...

Usually strippers and cocaine in Vegas

Figure out what you want to keep in your account. Estimate the taxes and put that money aside. Then come up with a plan for bank roll management. Come up with an idea for how you want to play. Everyone is different in play style and risk acceptance. Hopefully the GPP win was large enough for you to experiment. I am primarily a GPP player because it works for me and I have a higher risk tolerance. Generally one or two line ups in multiple tournaments. Occasionally I like max entering low dollar tournaments just to go through the learning curve of it. It is way harder than it appears. For me 10% to 15% of my bankroll is in play depending on the slate and sport. Or you could go this route, “ Usually strippers and cocaine in Vegas” but I am way to old and married for that to be a viable option.

• KillaChap

Depends on the size. If it was a big one, I’d cash out and walk away (I hope.) If it was a smaller one, maybe a few grand, I’d just withdraw a portion and then keep playing. But I haven’t been able to test it yet.

• hypegotti

i was always curious as far as payouts what happens. does someone contact you? I’ve hit for 2,000 once and it was seamless, just withdrew with no issues. but 25K or something like that do they still just put the money in your account and keep it moving?

• billholler

@hypegotti said...

i was always curious as far as payouts what happens. does someone contact you? I’ve hit for 2,000 once and it was seamless, just withdrew with no issues. but 25K or something like that do they still just put the money in your account and keep it moving?

At final game time of my only “big” win, I had 18 cents left in my account. After the game, I had almost 33k. Money was in my DK account within an hour of game ending. I cashed out 28k and had a check about 3 days later minus the amount of my deposits which was credited back to my credit card. Total profit next NFL weekend was about 8k. Cashed it out and thought I was the king of DFS. Made my next deposit about 4 weeks later :(

• MPDR1983

@billholler said...

At final game time of my only “big” win, I had 18 cents left in my account. After the game, I had almost 33k. Money was in my DK account within an hour of game ending. I cashed out 28k and had a check about 3 days later minus the amount of my deposits which was credited back to my credit card. Total profit next NFL weekend was about 8k. Cashed it out and thought I was the king of DFS. Made my next deposit about 4 weeks later :(

Man that is just sad…very very sad.. shame on you!

• billholler

@MPDR1983 said...

Man that is just sad…very very sad.. shame on you!

I know. I thought at the time that cash games were for weak players that were scared of GPPs. Kills me to think of how much my bankroll would be now if I had only played cash games after that.

• KindGuy

@billholler said...

I know. I thought at the time that cash games were for weak players that were scared of GPPs. Kills me to think of how much my bankroll would be now if I had only played cash games after that.

Wait… you lost all of it? Bb

• billholler

@elementasrat said...

Wait… you lost all of it? Bb

Left about 5k in my account after 2 big weeks. Lost it in 4 weeks. Never said I lost it all. I’m a degenerate but not that degenerated.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@hypegotti said...

If it’s a really large amount you can contact DK support and set up a wire transfer. You probably don’t want to risk having a check for big money lost in the mail.

As far as what to do after winning a big GPP, I’d say look at what you’ve been most successful with overall and focus your attention there. If you’re a cash-game guy that hasn’t hit a GPP before and you finally hit one, you should probably still focus on cash games more. If you’re having high finishes in GPPs on a regular basis then play lots of GPPs. Just play to your strengths.

• krighton

i made the mistake of giving a PO box to DK…they normally send over $5k via fedex so they dropped it in snail mail. Took a bit longer to get here. Taking 1/3 and putting it in the bank for taxes, 1/3 and paying off a credit card and 1/3 and giving to the wife and kept $500 to play with in DK.

• walkoff9

if you bink the big $3 gpp, id pocket most of it and maybe increase your buyins a little bit, but if you win a tournament like that it would be crazy to suddenly start playing for much higher buyins than you were before. you only want to increase your buyins if you believe your bankroll has grown in a way that is sustainable.

• KindGuy

@walkoff9 said...

if you bink the big $3 gpp, id pocket most of it and maybe increase your buyins a little bit, but if you win a tournament like that it would be crazy to suddenly start playing for much higher buyins than you were before. you only want to increase your buyins if you believe your bankroll has grown in a way that is sustainable.

If someone sticks to a philosophy of 20% per night and their bankroll becomes $27,000, you don’t think they should start playing the $5,300 buy in GPPs?

• ttucowboy84

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

I won a DK Four Point Play contest last month. First place that night was $50k. What did I do? I cashed out $50k the next day. The process was seamless and had the cash out wired to my bank account. I subsequently used my winnings to pay off my debt (credit card + student loan), set money aside for taxes in what I called an Uncle Sam savings account, and set aside some play money for sporting events and concerts (my two favorites). As far as game play, I didn’t change my approach much. I still play in the Four Point Play and occasionally get into a higher entry fee if the NBA slate is 6-10 games (where I’ve had the most success). I have dabbled in other sports like PGA and NASCAR, but I’m not trying to become pro. I’m having fun. If I were to substantially raise the stakes, it wouldn’t be enjoyable (it’d be stressful). Just my two cents.

• Cpjttogether

If i won a gpp id remember where it came from. I would focus in more on dfs. I would be a ambassador for dfs and share my story. Id fight along side people in the dfs industry to improve it and defeat its enemys. I would be loyal and give dfs most of my action and business. I also would get a roto grinders tattoo. but i have never won a gpp,so they need to lower the rake and fix the top heavy pay out structures so i win more often.

• SA16

You log in to the next day and do nothing different

• zpruitt3

nothing more fun than the day after

REG EVERYTHING, NBA/NHL/PGA/EURO/EPL/ESPORTS

• 1greatbuyz

• x3

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

After a GPP win you have to name a GPP MVP and then purchase a bobblehead of said player. This keeps the positive energy flowing like the little old ladies with trolls at bingo!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler