MAIN FORUM

• aavery9

So I’m still pretty new to DFS and just starting to play MLB regularly. Currently playing $5 50/50’s. Figured someone here could answer a simple question for me:

“why do I regularly see big industry names (like condia, csuram88, etc) who presumably have large bankrolls tinkering around in $5 cash games?”

Are the smaller games that much more beatable than larger stakes games? i.e., if you are going to play in 20 $5 games, wouldn’t it just be simpler to play a single $100 game? Am I missing something?

• Bigo1

Hmm the answer is simple: easy money with almost no efforts (Ok they have to click once to enter their cash line ups in small stake 50/50s). This is where poker and DFS differ IMO

• Myprimetime

Yeah it’s so easy to enter why not just throw entriea in everywhere? I’d love to see stats on where the top guys are most successful. I’d assume on % win rate it’s low buy-in but aggregate profit higher buy in.

• AtGame7

The better question is why wouldn’t they? If they have done all the work to create the lineups it only seems logical to take advantage of every opportunity available. These aren’t players playing simply for the big win, they are grinding out earnings every day.

Look at it this way, if they enter an extra 2000 $5 games during the corse of a season and show a 5% ROI it’s an extra $500 for basically no more work. Seems like they would be missing an opportunity if they didn’t do this.

• sellthenews

When $1 games are raked at the same level as $100 games, this is what you get.

• ebsteelers

Because they care about money. And the what’s best for the industry is just to sound p.c. don’t say I blame. Might as well strike and collect as long as you can

• Myprimetime

Do you think game limit is best way to prevent this getting out of control (or more out of control)?

• AtGame7

@Myprimetime said...

Do you think game limit is best way to prevent this getting out of control (or more out of control)?

I was under the impression there was a limit already, maybe not though. Whatever the limit I would think a winning player should be playing to the max limit each day.

• sellthenews

@Myprimetime said...

This along with a more progressive rake structure would be all you need.

on FD, they increased limits to 750 from 250 at the beginning of the MLB season. They also increased rake on many guaranteed cash games. This is why the $2 5050s went from bankroll builder last year, to money suck this year.

you will often see someone in every 3 man from 5300 to $1. Cant blame em. They are just trying to make money within the rules.

• btwice80

@sellthenews said...

They also increased rake on guaranteed cash games at all levels under 270.

Single entry double ups, triple ups, and quintuple ups all have the same rake they’ve always had.

• sellthenews

your right

• julieduke33

It’s funny but I’ve had more success the higher the buy in….at least in h2hs and 3 mans in MLB…granted I only play $1 min to max $25 a game

• Myprimetime

Right about them having caps on games, just wondering if anyone felt strongly on this being a solution to the problem

• Clovenhoof

Football season will be the true test. The daily nature of baseball and basketball make it hard for casual players to be very active, meaning the sites need the entries from the big time players. There should be a pretty significant increase in the number of people playing DFS come September over last year, it will be interesting to see how the sites respond.

• SmartWater

Marketing and Social Media Manager

There is no reason not to play in lower stakes. It has shown that they are generally 1-3 points easier and the biggest reason is its hard for the top/well known pros to get tons of action. But like most people have already said, why not?

• yoshi2132

Lower priced games have a lower cutoff line most times.

• 70sdubs

bc it doesn’t cost them anything when they already have lineups made

• 63TMB

It’s called going bum hunting. Most of the inexperienced or bum players play low stakes. You will see people rostering players who aren’t playing or from games that are ppd. When it comes to bum hunting it is no hold’s barred.

• jblakeman8

Because they care about the industry and are trying to help it grow….yawn.

• donkshow

Because money is money. Just because these guys play $1k H2H’s doesn’t mean they don’t know the value of $1, $10 or $50.

• kamuy

You want them to cannibalize each other in the high dollar games? I’d do the same thing if I was them.

• AssaniFisher

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x6

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@Myprimetime said...

I’d love to see stats on where the top guys are most successful.

Here are my stats for NBA this past season:

$1: 25,206 contests, 28.46% ROI
    $2: 6981 contests, 31.24% ROI
    $3: 4503 contests, 20.89% ROI
    $5: 16,083 contests, 26.51% ROI
    $10: 9115 contests, 28.47% ROI
    $20: 5626 contests, 22.98% ROI
    $50: 3333 contests, 20.58% ROI
    $109: 1642 contests, 18.24% ROI
    $215: 1115 contests, 14.33% ROI
    $530: 498 contests, 9.27% ROI
    $1060: 355 contests, 1.38% ROI

• blackcloud420

These sites have to have tighter overall game limits. Its that simple. Baseball is everyday its not the NFL.

Make the limit 100 out right.

It would cut out a lot of the “sharks” buying up the low stake gpps. No one has mentioned it but the same group of players also buy up EVERY low stake qualifier.

I mean there are guys up 500k or more trolling to get tickets to 10, 25 dollar games. Like wow.

• blackcloud420

@jblakeman8 said...

Because they care about the industry and are trying to help it grow….yawn.

Dont forget “ it could not have happened to a better guy”.

• ElwoodB

Let there be no limits.

Let there be no more new players.

Profit?

• ElwoodB

I like single entry 50/50s. I just don’t care to be someone’s shark food.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).