MAIN FORUM

Comments

• dayman

So I originally put in a withdrawal request on the 28th of January. I then got an email from them on February 2nd that I needed to submit a W9 and that my withdrawal wouldn’t be processed until I did. I emailed them the W9 on the 5th (and received a 1099 in the mail from them two days ago).

My withdrawal still hasn’t gone through. I emailed them on the 12th, and contacted them through the website yesterday, both with no response… Anyone else having issues with them?

3/10/16 UPDATE: DraftKings strikes a deal to cover all unpaid FantasyHub balances and liabilities. Read more from David Purdum on ESPN!

DraftKings Co-Founder Matt Kalish’s Statement: “This is not an acquisition deal or an asset purchase deal. This is a very simple deal, where we’re assigning two liabilities from [FantasyHub] over to DraftKings in an effort to do the right thing for their player base, which has a nearly 80 percent overlap with our own. We never want to see our player base go through an experience that’s negative like this. What happened here was reprehensible. It is a breach of trust for these players and we share a lot of these players with them. We just didn’t think it was the right thing to do to sit on the sideline and let that happen. We had the ability to step up and do something.”

• DefinitelyMiami

@dayman said...

that I needed to submit a W9 and that my withdrawal wouldn’t be processed until I did

Not cool. Should have warned us when this happened

• emac

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    @dayman said...

Anyone else having issues with them?

Check withdrawals can take time, I have done one with FantasyHub that took about two weeks (which is comparable to other sites).

The half dozen withdrawals I have requested via PayPal or Dwolla have all been processed quickly and the funds have been in my account within 24-48 hours.

Since it was the weekend, they may not have had the proper person available to respond to your followups Friday and Saturday.

They will probably be in touch with you today.

EMac

• kidace1

I have a withdrawal from Feb 8th that has not had any movement either. Emailed support as always havent heard anything back. Will update if something happens.

It is a paypal withdrawal btw.

• Rockstate15

I put in a paypal withdrawal request with FantasyHub on February 7th, sent follow up on 2/12 and 2/14 and haven’t heard back. Usually @stevenp (their CFO) is pretty quick at getting back with us but I haven’t seen any activity from him on the forums for about a week.

Maybe on vacation shredding some pow on the slopes at Breck?

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

I wd my balance(refund to a card) on feb 11th at 1:22am. I’ve yet to receive anything, but it overlapped with the weekend so I’m exercising a little patience. This thread, however, is a bit alarming. For what it’s worth, I wd a much larger sum at two other sites the following night and both have already been processed. One of those sites, Aces, completed my request on the same day.

• precator

After Paypal was down for like a month and finally came back I decided to withdraw all my money from the site. I just sensed something wasn’t right. I could be totally wrong here, and the guys running the site seemed nice, but something just didn’t feel right. Hope everyones withdrawal’s get processed in a timely manner.

• Rockstate15

@precator said...

After Paypal was down for like a month and finally came back I decided to withdraw all my money from the site. I just sensed something wasn’t right. I could be totally wrong here, and the guys running the site seemed nice, but something just didn’t feel right. Hope everyones withdrawal’s get processed in a timely manner.

Did your PayPal withdrawal process @precator or still pending?

• Rockstate15

Scoured twitter a bit to see if I could find anything out. There is a potential they all went up to Toronto for the NBA finals but nothing confirmed. Combine that with Valentines and Presidents day, may be behind a bit?

https://twitter.com/commonguymovies/status/698997591342772224
    https://twitter.com/NRodriguezDFS/status/699300707044888576

• dayman

@emac said...

Check withdrawals can take time, I have done one with FantasyHub that took about two weeks (which is comparable to other sites).

The half dozen withdrawals I have requested via PayPal or Dwolla have all been processed quickly and the funds have been in my account within 24-48 hours.

Since it was the weekend, they may not have had the proper person available to respond to your followups Friday and Saturday.

They will probably be in touch with you today.

EMac

Fwiw, it was a Paypal cashout, and all my past Paypal/Dwolla cashouts had been processed within a day or two. The reason I started this thread is in most cases when contacting support (for non cashout issues) I would hear back with 15-20 minutes usually (which is obv awesome and they should be commended for), but both of my contact requests regarding the cashout have gone without response, which I found a bit strange.

• tarheel66

Something just does not seem right on that site, IMO

• precator

@Rockstate15 said...

Did your PayPal withdrawal process @precator or still pending?

Mine was processed like 2 weeks ago

• mberkowi

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #34

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

I recieved a check withdrawl less then a month ago with no issues. Hoepfully Steven can clear things up. I know he has been active at times on RG.

• emac

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    @dayman said...

which I found a bit strange.

Totally understandable Dayman, that would definitely be a frustrating position.

The smaller sites need to understand that after FantasyUp, Draftster, StatClash, etc there are a lot of skittish gamers right now and that prompt response to communications and also when taking action is going to be very important.

Additionally, gamers should be careful with their overall balances on all sites, regardless of the overall site valuation.

Personally I have been keeping 7-10 days worth of entry fees on sites and when I get over 14 days worth, I make a withdrawal back down to a week’s worth and start building my way back up to another withdrawal. This also gives me enough of a cushion that I don’t have to constantly move funds in/out of PayPal and it also keeps me better aligned to how much I am up/down on a site since I am not staring at the large balances I kept during NFL when I had a lot more in play at one time.

• ajimithing

Steven’s last visit to Rotogrinders is listed as today, if you look at his profile. I’m starting to sense there’s some ignoring going on here.

• precator

These were the warning signs for me..

1)The stopping of the large NBA Double Ups and GPP’s.
    2) When they had these large tournaments, they had to give away free entries all the time to people who did reloads or new deposits
    3) Increasing the bonus rate to 500%, a level unheard of in the industry
    4) The loss of Paypal of an option at the time and the length of time to get it back (Around a month)

These were too many signs for me that something may be up here. There are plenty of other sites and for now I am sticking to the 2 big ones. I am hoping I am completely wrong here and everyones withdrawal is processing fine. Good luck to everyone!

• MrFantasy

They processed a withdrawal back to my card on February 8th for $2,500. The main thing that seems off is that Steven hasn’t come into this thread to respond and people haven’t heard any responses through emails or the site.

• RangerC

I just made a pretty big WD today – will let everyone know how it goes.

• gberg823

I have a 5 figure balance there and generally Steven responds to any of my inquires pretty quickly. I have had multiple withdrawals pending there for over a week now. Previous messages I have sent have shown up as read but with no response. Current messages are being shown as not read although curiously it still shows that staff has logged on recently

• ajimithing

Add me to the list. Submitted a withdrawal on Monday via PayPal. $700 or so. Still not in my PayPal, all messages to customer service unanswered, all messages on Twitter unanswered. #gettingnervous

• gberg823

Also the activity box on their website says that they have been active today (in the last 15 minutes) and that along with Steven logging into rotogrinders today would lead me to believe there are some issues going on and they are just not being transparent. On the optimistic side this could just be a really unfortunate case of bad timing. If they went away for the holiday weekend and weren’t able to process withdrawals last week due to working with tax forms I can see how it would be possible that the worst isn’t happening. However, if withdrawals don’t get processed tomorrow I have a ton of questions about the legality of some of their operations

• tvsfrink

@precator said...

1)The stopping of the large NBA Double Ups and GPP’s.

Just FTR, there is a $50,000 NBA contest scheduled for end of March.

• Linsanity88

Might as well throw my story in the mix. I withdrew my full balance in the middle of January (after the Divisional round of the NFL playoffs) as I don’t play all that much NBA DFS and prefer FD and DK for NBA anyway. A day or two later, I got an email from Steven asking me if I had any problems or issues with the site. I didn’t get around to responding for about a week as I had been traveling. Once I responded, Steven said he’d process my withdrawal that afternoon. He did, and I got a check a few days later that cleared with no issues, but I found it a bit unprofessional that they would hold up processing my withdrawal until I gave them a reason why I was withdrawing. Customer money is customer money, and while the site certainly has a right to ask why a customer is withdrawing, they don’t have a right to delay that withdrawal until the customer gives them an answer. Anyway, I did get my money, so hopefully they’ll pay out everyone else as well, but I’m hesitant about playing on there in the future.

• precator

if they did go away for the weekend, they should of done at least one of these two things. Have at least one person man the email box to respond to emails, or put an autoresponder up saying all inquiries will be answered when we are back in the office on “whatever date”. These days almost everyone has a smart phone so I see no excuse why the email box couldn’t be answered unless they are on some remote island.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • 2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

FanDuel WFFC Finalist
    • 2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

FanDuel WFFC Finalist

I sent this thread to Steven and Chris today and asked for a response, but there is little doubt that they aren’t reading this thread. They are regularly on the forums. I also just saw them at the FSTA in Dallas. The lack of response is not like them.

Hub guys, communication is key. Please post asap.

• Rockstate15

I may be naive but I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt due to today being President’s Day and hope we hear back tomorrow.

You be the judge: for the record, all times are Central and in chronological order bottom up.
    Sent an email to StevenP’s FH email at 4:12pm today
    I left a Voicemail on Steven’s direct line at FantasyHub at 4:07pm Central
    Messaged Chris Lott via FH at 12:25pm today status: (Not Seen Yet)
    StevenP logged into Rotogrinders today via activity log
    @fantasyhub RT a CBB post today approx 10am Central today
    Clicked Contact Support on Transaction History and Messaged FH Team around 9am re: this thread
    Follow up Message FH Team regarding withdrawal request on 2/14 at 4pm status: (Not Seen Yet)
    Follow up Message FH Team regarding withdrawal request on 2/12 status: (Not Seen Yet)
    Submitted Original Withdrawal request 2/7 at 7:02pm via PayPal

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

Advertisement

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.