NBA FORUM

Comments

• Dookie

Sorry if this has been asked already but is Fanduel having WNBA this year? I see its in the lobby under sports not currently in season.

• sivad40

http://summitthoops.com/2017/05/05/fanduel-wnba-daily-fantasy-sports-2017/

• theoddsmaker

any clue when first contests will be? opening day is this saturday

• Lathum

That is some hard core degenerate shit right there.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@Lathum said...

• theoddsmaker

@Lathum said...

if you think that then don’t play. simple as that. point is there is the option to play and demand will dictate how big the prize pools are.

that kind of attitude is my pet peeve when it comes to dfs. dfs itself can help make any sport 1000x more engaging. the leagues know this and that’s why they back it up. were we all watching every single mlb or nba game and getting the TV packages BEFORE dfs? not at the level we are now. wnba has almost 0 popularity…but we love the strategy behind lineup construction and sweating out nights where we might make a ton of money. that aspect will still be there with wnba. who gives a **** if they might miss a wide open layup? point is, dfs will make that even more entertaining to say the least.

here is how it’s going to go:

1) you get the “haha who would play in these degen contests?!”
    2) same person will be playing the 2 games over 2 day NBA playoff slates this week
    3) once NBA dfs is over in 2 weeks have nothing to do
    4) start seeing traction in WNBA contests
    5) want to have some “action” regardless of league. preferably a sport where people try to shoot a ball into a hoop
    6) join a few WNBA contests

2017 is the year of contradiction so this will 100% happen.

I for one excel at making projections so you better believe i see WNBA as a challenge and something where skill will certainly prevail until the market itself catches up. I paid for portion of my college tuition and books back when i was a broke student by finding value in the WNBA betting market since the market was so inefficient. you know how many WNBA games i ever watched? 0. See you guys in the WNBA contests!

….can’t wait to see people like @Lathum in RG chat Saturday morning in a panic now that he decided to play asking ‘Charles or Taurasi in cash???’

• KindGuy

Can you imagine the amount of hateful shit and vitriol that will be spewed at the FantasyLabsWNBA account once the season starts and late scratches and injuries start happening….. oh boy.

• KindGuy

That being said… I’m definitely playing. Lol.

• geardaddy

kelsey plum chalk

• IronMonkey415

I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS.
    I’m not addicted or anything I just think it’s fun.

• KRD227

I’m recovering from shoulder surgery and will be bored as hell the next couple of weeks..time for some WNBA research I guess lol

• crazypaul

Has anyone found an excel/Google Sheets import friendly site for stats?

• flip4flop

I feel like there will end up being some banned accounts over some colorful commentary, lets try and keep the hate off their twitter.

• zpruitt3

This is going to be fun

• winnerchickendinner

Wonder how high the prizes would be?

• iron_tactics

@winnerchickendinner said...

Wonder how high the prizes would be?

Depends on how many play, I hope it’s a lot

• billholler

This will be no different than CFL. Us degenerates were excited because it was DFS and football and the prize pools were decent at 1st. Then everyone quickly lost interest and the GPPs were crap. Will probably be the same with WNBA but the GPPs won’t start out as big and interest will die off faster. This is nothing more than a lame attempt to get more female DFS players.

• KindGuy

The fact that there are only 12 teams won’t help…….

• Lathum

@theoddsmaker said...

if you think that then don’t play. simple as that. point is there is the option to play and demand will dictate how big the prize pools are.

that kind of attitude is my pet peeve when it comes to dfs

Lighten up Francis

• Lathum

@geardaddy said...

kelsey plum chalk

I am a UW alum and followed her whole career, she is amazing

• jjwd

@theoddsmaker said...

2017 is the year of contradiction so this will 100% happen.

It’s WNBA logic

• tmarohl

@billholler said...

This will be no different than CFL. Us degenerates were excited because it was DFS and football and the prize pools were decent at 1st. Then everyone quickly lost interest and the GPPs were crap. Will probably be the same with WNBA but the GPPs won’t start out as big and interest will die off faster. This is nothing more than a lame attempt to get more female DFS players.

I don’t know, I would rather play WNBA to get my fix rather than throwing a bunch of MLB lineups out there. I will give it a try.

• P0key

@elementasrat said...

Can you imagine the amount of hateful shit and vitriol that will be spewed at the FantasyLabsWNBA account once the season starts and late scratches and injuries start happening….. oh boy.

It will be similar to Anthony Davis injury updates

• KindGuy

@P0key said...

It will be similar to Anthony Davis injury updates

Oh God…..

• billholler

@tmarohl said...

I don’t know, I would rather play WNBA to get my fix rather than throwing a bunch of MLB lineups out there. I will give it a try.

That is exactly what everyone here said when CFL was announced. About 3 weeks later, no one cared. The best GPP after a month or so was a $3 entry fee and something like $750 to win. That just doesn’t excite me.

• tmarohl

@billholler said...

That is exactly what everyone here said when CFL was announced. About 3 weeks later, no one cared. The best GPP after a month or so was a $3 entry fee and something like $750 to win. That just doesn’t excite me.

Well, I played olympic basketball on DK last summer not knowing most of the players who were not on NBA teams.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).