• Mangone

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

Connecticut (-2.5) @ New York 162

Atlanta @ Washington (-4) 154

Dallas @ Minnesota (-15) 170.5

Indiana @ Phoenix (-5.5) 156.6

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – WNBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays WNBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

I’ll be doing some research tonight but here are my initial thoughts/questions that I’m going in asking (on DK):

1. This is the first time all season Atlanta is playing a back-to-back. Will the coach limit the starters’ minutes? How will the starters play without a day of rest?

2. Does it make sense to pay up for Fowles or Moore in a potential blowout? The last time Minn played Dallas, they won by 17 and Fowles still scored 47.3 DK points and Moore put up 38 DK points. The previous time, Dallas won by 2 and Fowles put up 49.3 DK points while Moore put up 39.5 DK points. So it’s only a two-game sample, but it shows they both could put up value in a blowout and in a close game.

3. Dallas struggles against bigs. Rebekkah Brunson could be a good pivot off Fowles/Moore. Brunson has put up 40 and 30.3 DK points in the two matchups against Dallas.

4. Do you pay up for Tina Charles? She’s the most expensive player on DK so your answer to this question is probably the first one you need to make.

5. Is Diana Taurasi playing? She missed last game to an “injury” but nobody knows what it actually was. Maybe it was just rest in a game they knew they’d lose anyway? If she’s out, it opens up all sorts of value at guard. But given this is the last game on the slate we might not have news in time, so you may need to just make an educated guess and build rosters based on that.

• Thechamp1995

RG Overall Ranking

@fathalpert said...

I’ll be doing some research tonight but here are my initial thoughts/questions that I’m going in asking (on DK):

1. This is the first time all season Atlanta is playing a back-to-back. Will the coach limit the starters’ minutes? How will the starters play without a day of rest?

2. Does it make sense to pay up for Fowles or Moore in a potential blowout? The last time Minn played Dallas, they won by 17 and Fowles still scored 47.3 DK points and Moore put up 38 DK points. The previous time, Dallas won by 2 and Fowles put up 49.3 DK points while Moore put up 39.5 DK points. So it’s only a two-game sample, but it shows they both could put up value in a blowout and in a close game.

3. Dallas struggles against bigs. Rebekkah Brunson could be a good pivot off Fowles/Moore. Brunson has put up 40 and 30.3 DK points in the two matchups against Dallas.

4. Do you pay up for Tina Charles? She’s the most expensive player on DK so your answer to this question is probably the first one you need to make.

5. Is Diana Taurasi playing? She missed last game to an “injury” but nobody knows what it actually was. Maybe it was just rest in a game they knew they’d lose anyway? If she’s out, it opens up all sorts of value at guard. But given this is the last game on the slate we might not have news in time, so you may need to just make an educated guess and build rosters based on that.

I cannot figure out what to do with that washington-atlanta game on either side. Currently I’m just fading it, but I’m a little worried

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

@Thechamp1995 said...

I cannot figure out what to do with that washington-atlanta game on either side. Currently I’m just fading it, but I’m a little worried

My initial build had the same thought process as you: Atlanta on a B2B, Wash missing Delle Donne and Hill while Meeseman is now $9K on DK and Krystal Thomas up to $7,500. I mean someone has to score for Wash and the play is probably Meeseman, K Thomas, or Ruffin-Pratt, but it feels like you’re paying more than they’re worth.

• elmore0631

@fathalpert said...

My initial build had the same thought process as you: Atlanta on a B2B, Wash missing Delle Donne and Hill while Meeseman is now $9K on DK and Krystal Thomas up to $7,500. I mean someone has to score for Wash and the play is probably Meeseman, K Thomas, or Ruffin-Pratt, but it feels like you’re paying more than they’re worth.

To be fair, a lot of the players are priced more than they’re worth.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Dammit I’m back when I said I wouldn’t be. Small potatoes though but I want a mili ticket for golf haha Let’s see how this goes…

• ASalvaro

Yawwwn man WNBA is too early for me lol

• elmore0631

*patiently waiting for the starting lineup

• MoeFlavors

Would love to know if Bria Hartley is going to start like she did in the last game! 3k punt if she starts again.

• elmore0631

@MoeFlavors said...

Would love to know if Bria Hartley is going to start like she did in the last game! 3k punt if she starts again.

I’m betting she does. Coach inserted her for a reason to speed up pace.

However, he brought Rodgers off the bench who was just named a replacement All Star— and they’re playing at home… so I suppose that could change the thought process.

• Mmorrison09

Is there late swap in the WNBA on DK?

• yisman

Moore and Fowles today on DK?

• TheFrankman86

@yisman said...

Moore and Fowles today?

When the O/U is that high compared to the other games, think you have to. I won’t play the Main Slate (4 games) but I will do the Afternoon Only.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

Huge overlay on the FD 6$ by 15% of the field. Helps with there higher rakes they’ve instituted (yea FD I noticed) Faded charles. Have jones over her today. As far as washington/atlanta goes i’m still targeting that game on the ATL side. I’m loving prince today for NY coming off a huge price drop when it didn’t really make since. Last game was a blowout so shouldn’t be any trend were set to see. Coming back from international basketball she should be hitting her stride right about now. Shes a solid rebounder and should be plenty of bricks between these two teams. Second sleeper is leilanni mitchell tonight whether taurasi plays or doesn’t. Griner out mean high usage and taurasi would help locate the open shot actually and drive down her ownership so its actually preferred. My take away for today is Fowles/Jones to hit the ML

• TheFrankman86

@fathalpert said...

Taurasi sat out due to needing rest. I’d think with 3 days off she plays today.

• jayzee666

I apologize to the Hartley owners out there. Should have warned you I was playing her. She may never be right again!

• TheFrankman86

@jayzee666 said...

I apologize to the Hartley owners out there. Should have warned you I was playing her. She may never be right again!

I’m a Liberty fan and Hartley is a scoring dependent player in New York’s O. Liberty have so many talented guards who can handle the ball (Prince, Zellous, Rodgers) and their bigs pass well so they don’t really have one or two assist guys in the LU, everyone passes. Hartley is pretty much two-cat, so if she doesn’t get 10-12 points she’s not going to get you value.

• jayzee666

@TheFrankman86 said...

I’m a Liberty fan and Hartley is a scoring dependent player in New York’s O. Liberty have so many talented guards who can handle the ball (Prince, Zellous, Rodgers) and their bigs pass well so they don’t really have one or two assist guys in the LU, everyone passes. Hartley is pretty much two-cat, so if she doesn’t get 10-12 points she’s not going to get you value.

The fact that she is in my lineup pretty much negates any value she may have had.

• Dfspacman

Why did Connecticut rest their starters in the 4th qr?

• yisman

@Mmorrison09 said...

Is there late swap in the WNBA on DK?

yes

• TheFrankman86

On the Tues-Wed DK Slate I placed in the 3 cash games I entered, but cratered badly on FD. On todays’ Afternoon only slate my teams were:

FD:
    G Allisha Gray
    G Diana Taurasi
    G Monique Currie
    F Sylvia Fowles
    F Maya Moore
    F Candice Dupree
    F Rebekkah Brunson

DK
    G Allisha Gray
    G Diana Taurasi
    F Rebekkah Brunson
    F Sylvia Fowles
    F Maya Moore
    UTIL Monique Currie

Ownership on FD of Fowles/Moore is like 90-100%, DK it’s much lower.

• mrmogz

I fucking LOVE WNBA. Increased my bankroll tenfold. Feels nice to be top 10’ing GPP’s and winning smaller (non ranked ones). Literally done with MLB if the contests can stay even at the size they are now.

Disclaimer: 5 days ago I knew fuck all about WNBA. Dive in head first they say.

• elmore0631

@mrmogz said...

I fucking LOVE WNBA. Increased my bankroll tenfold. Feels nice to be top 10’ing GPP’s and winning smaller (non ranked ones). Literally done with MLB if the contests can stay even at the size they are now.

Disclaimer: 5 days ago I knew fuck all about WNBA. Dive in head first they say.

Yeah, I’m +100 from today and yesterday as of now.

I just hope they continue to offer.

• mrmogz

@elmore0631 said...

Yeah, I’m +100 from today and yesterday as of now.

I just hope they continue to offer.

Agreed! Somehow I luckboxed my way to +$1500 and winning $900 currently in the 4 game slate. The other day I had 3rd, 5th, and 11th place finishes in the “big” GPP that day. Fish on a heater lol.

• TheFrankman86

Maybe I need to start playing more WNBA tournies. I usually play straight cash. Just remember it can be very unpredictable with information and getting good research.

• elmore0631

I play a small bankroll but yeah, now that I’ve watched every team it’s a nice advantage.

However, this evening I made the mistake of playing Little over Brunson. Had all 3 of Minny in but took the risk of Little w/o Griner

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).