NBA FORUM

Comments

• TheFrankman86

Decided to post a thread even though I’m not sure if there will be much posting after Friday’s debacle and the lack of response/refunds from FD and DK.

Indiana @ Connecticut 162.5

Washington @ Atlanta 167.5

Dallas @ Los Angeles 171.5

San Antonio @ Phoenix 156

New York @ Chicago 165

Seattle @ Minnesota 166.5

(All lines are current as of thread posting)

• ASalvaro

Any injuries,leaky roofs,frozen courts,power outtages,snow storms,alien landings outside the stadiums we should know about today?

• TheFrankman86

@ASalvaro said...

Any injuries,leaky roofs,frozen courts,power outtages,snow storms,alien landings outside the stadiums we should know about today?

I’m checking out all links right now, Rotogrinders Twitter isn’t reporting anything so that means things should be ok… right???

• ASalvaro

@TheFrankman86 said...

I’m checking out all links right now, Rotogrinders Twitter isn’t reporting anything so that means things should be ok… right???

Lol you would think so

• TheFrankman86

We joke, but the effects of last Friday are very real so far. I’m checking out large field contests on FD and DK… they have like 1-2 entries. Tournaments seem to be down a little, same with double ups. But 50/50s… barren, Complete desert wasteland. Only time will tell how long this lasts…

• ASalvaro

As somebody posted in the other WNBA thread at least when you message Fan Duel they send you some kind of credit..But no excuse for Draftkings sending canned responses and not even offering a credit

• kinger8705

Wont’t be long til we have CFL like prize pools for WNBA on DK

• yisman

I am boycotting today.

I sent DK a lengthy e-mail expressing my displeasure.

They never even acknowledged what happened. No site update, no e-mail apologizing to all the people who lost money.

When I get a stock answer from them, I’ll point out that I’ve played over $15,000 on their site this month.

• yisman

they have a 60k contest today (6 dollar buyin). Not playing.

there will be some overlay for people who still play this garbage

no beat reporters, no news

RG ignores it, nothing on DK twitter…

• yisman

@TheFrankman86 said...

lol.

• yisman

@yisman said...

they have a 60k contest today (6 dollar buyin). Not playing.

there will be some overlay for people who still play this garbage

no beat reporters, no news

RG ignores it, nothing on DK twitter…

final numbers:

150 max entry (300 for papagates)

11,764 spots
    9,594 were filled

• TheFrankman86

Again, I’m pretty sure this was well within projections for FD and DK. They won’t take notice of this until we start seeing even more overlay and contests not being filled for a week. Or even longer… I’m not saying boycott, but not playing WNBA FD or DK for a few days isn’t going to break them or even make them print a token “we apologize here’s a Freeroll” letter.

• ASalvaro

Sims already at 4x

• yisman

@TheFrankman86 said...

Again, I’m pretty sure this was well within projections for FD and DK. They won’t take notice of this until we start seeing even more overlay and contests not being filled for a week. Or even longer… I’m not saying boycott, but not playing WNBA FD or DK for a few days isn’t going to break them or even make them print a token “we apologize here’s a Freeroll” letter.

I’d recommend everyone e-mail about what happened on Friday. Eventually they have to take notice.

• moped_jones

@ASalvaro said...

As somebody posted in the other WNBA thread at least when you message Fan Duel they send you some kind of credit..But no excuse for Draftkings sending canned responses and not even offering a credit

I just responded in this thread. I cut and pasted the email that got the refund and I was refunded 2400 FDP’s (I only played 1 $1 game). For some reason the old thread does not show up even though I just posted in it.

If you send this you will probably get FDP’s in the same amount that you played that night.

On Friday, July 28th, as I am sure you are aware, there was a WNBA game which was postponed due to unforseen circumstances. I know that this affected all players in all contests, but it affected my lineup in particular due to the fact that I had 3 players that were slated to play in this game. I feel as though in a situation like this, as rare as it may be, there should be some acknowledgment for those that were particularly inconvenienced such as myself. Due to your lack of acknowledgment of this situation, I will no longer be participating in any WNBA contests on your site. Thank you for your time, and hopefully you will do a better job of listening to your consumer’s concerns in situations such as this in the future.

• moped_jones

@yisman said...

I’d recommend everyone e-mail about what happened on Friday. Eventually they have to take notice.

Scroll up to my last post. Cut and paste that and you will get the FDP equivalent of what you played that night as a refund.

It’s better than nothing.

• yisman

I saw that in the previous thread, but unfortunately, I am on DK.

I e-mailed DK earlier.

• yisman

@moped_jones said...

I just responded in this thread. I cut and pasted the email that got the refund and I was refunded 2400 FDP’s (I only played 1 $1 game). For some reason the old thread does not show up even though I just posted in it.

If you send this you will probably get FDP’s in the same amount that you played that night.

On Friday, July 28th, as I am sure you are aware, there was a WNBA game which was postponed due to unforseen circumstances. I know that this affected all players in all contests, but it affected my lineup in particular due to the fact that I had 3 players that were slated to play in this game. I feel as though in a situation like this, as rare as it may be, there should be some acknowledgment for those that were particularly inconvenienced such as myself. Due to your lack of acknowledgment of this situation, I will no longer be participating in any WNBA contests on your site. Thank you for your time, and hopefully you will do a better job of listening to your consumer’s concerns in situations such as this in the future.

the main forum only shows the most recent thread. Once there’s a new thread created, they unlink the past thread from the main forum, it appears.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/wnba-7-28-1998589

in the NBA forum.

• jayzee666

@moped_jones said...

Scroll up to my last post. Cut and paste that and you will get the FDP equivalent of what you played that night as a refund.

It’s better than nothing.

Just did and received te FDP – thanks!
    Gives me an another embarrassingly bad lineup to enter that will sit at the bottom of the pack!!! :))))

• moped_jones

@jayzee666 said...

Just did and received te FDP – thanks!
    Gives me an another embarrassingly bad lineup to enter that will sit at the bottom of the pack!!! :))))

I cut and pasted that from someone else & only changed a couple words. Too lazy to go see who it was. Whoever they were THANK YOU!

• TheFrankman86

I sent a request. We’ll see what happens.

• moped_jones

Fantastic lineup (FD) then I see that Simone Augustus is out. Would be great if we had this info BEFORE LOCK.

Love basketball but if WNBA doesn’t get us info sooner then I am out. They need the ratings. I’ve seen those empty stadiums. No one is watching. They need DFS players to give a $h*t about their sport.

Aerial Powers = 1% owned = 30+ pts
    Odysy Sims = 19% owned = 25 pts

I had TWO players at 3k a piece CRUSHING value and now I wont’ even cash b/c someone was out with no heads up.

• tomac

imagine if we had a place that would give us that info via an alert upon announcement…but hey they were probable drafting a football team at the time

• TheFrankman86

Response:

Thank you for contacting FanDuel Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear you were negatively affected by the announcement of the Suns/Mystics WNBA game being postponed. We understand that this was unforeseen and this can be frustrating when players score zero points due to a postponement situation.

With that being said, we do understand the unavoidable nature of a late scratch and would hate for you to have a bad experience on FanDuel because of it. I have gone ahead and credited your account with $4.00 in FDP for being a loyal FanDueler. Hopefully this will help you bounce back quickly! Please keep in mind that this credit is a one time courtesy, so while we certainly hope this does not happen to you again, we would not be able to issue you another credit in a similar situation.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we’d be happy to help.

Best,
    Matt

Ignoring the fact that I played 3 contests and lost $5 in FDP, not 4… I decided to just take it and run. Surprised he even gave me that much instead of the token Freeroll. Thank you again moped_jones and yisman.

• moped_jones

@tomac said...

imagine if we had a place that would give us that info via an alert upon announcement…but hey they were probable drafting a football team at the time

I don’t know if you are being sarcastic but if there is a place that gives us this info I’d love to hear about it (keep in mind I’m still mad about Friday, so even if this was announced today prior to lock this doesn’t make me feel much better)

• TheFrankman86

The two best “sites” for lineup info I’ve seen are Rotowire News/Injuries section and the individual teams’ Twitter… that’s pretty much it. You’d need a teams’ Twitter aggregate like how HoopsHype has for NBA teams.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).