NBA FORUM

• TheFrankman86

Decided to post a thread even though I’m not sure if there will be much posting after Friday’s debacle and the lack of response/refunds from FD and DK.

Indiana @ Connecticut 162.5

Washington @ Atlanta 167.5

Dallas @ Los Angeles 171.5

San Antonio @ Phoenix 156

New York @ Chicago 165

Seattle @ Minnesota 166.5

(All lines are current as of thread posting)

• moped_jones

@TheFrankman86 said...

The two best “sites” for lineup info I’ve seen are Rotowire News/Injuries section and the individual teams’ Twitter… that’s pretty much it.

That’s what I have too. I didn’t check Augustus today, but then again her game was last so it probably wouldn’t have mattered.

• yisman

@moped_jones said...

Fantastic lineup (FD) then I see that Simone Augustus is out. Would be great if we had this info BEFORE LOCK.

Love basketball but if WNBA doesn’t get us info sooner then I am out. They need the ratings. I’ve seen those empty stadiums. No one is watching. They need DFS players to give a $h*t about their sport.

Aerial Powers = 1% owned = 30+ pts
    Odysy Sims = 19% owned = 25 pts

I had TWO players at 3k a piece CRUSHING value and now I wont’ even cash b/c someone was out with no heads up.

the WNBA has been losing money since its inception.

There’s no beat writers and little media coverage because there’s little interest in the sport.

David Stern made it his agenda to prop up the league (and Adam Silver has carried this one, per Stern’s request, no doubt), so the NBA covers the WNBA’s losses every year.

• MHDU2424

Crushed it tonight….I felt dirty playing again after Friday but oh well, made my money back and then some

Lots of money to be made if you can avoid the crazy landmines out there….Just vary up your lineups I guess and it can be profitable

I agree WNBA needs to be more proactive about who’s in/out

• Celsojim

Wnba is starting to be a dam joke these chicks miss games when they feel like it

• Dfspacman

People rostering lineups with $1350, while I though my $45 was too much,lol

• damionismyname

If Plum did anything I would be 10k richer, come on maaaaan! Finding at least 2 value players I feel is key to this.

• moped_jones

@damionismyname said...

If Plum did anything I would be 10k richer, come on maaaaan! Finding at least 2 value players I feel is key to this.

I’ve doing really well finding value plays (Sims and Powers yesterday) but my “stud-etts” have been under performing. + people missing games due to leaky roofs & Augustus not playing yesterday.

I think DFS could be great exposure for the WNBA but it seems like they are not interested in having more people watch the sport.

• moped_jones

@yisman said...

the WNBA has been losing money since its inception.

There’s no beat writers and little media coverage because there’s little interest in the sport.

David Stern made it his agenda to prop up the league (and Adam Silver has carried this one, per Stern’s request, no doubt), so the NBA covers the WNBA’s losses every year.

I said this in my last post, but you’d think the WNBA would be ecstatic to have so many new eyes watching their product thanks to DFS. But it’s almost like they are either too stupid (or too arrogant) to want those kinds of fans.

This is what I want to say to the WNBA….

Ladies! Take what you can get. There’s a reason your gyms are 1/10th full on game night, your most famous players have less than 5000 twitter followers, and your paychecks are so low that you have to play in other countries during the off season to make ends meet. DFS can help bring many new fans to the product. Embrace it. Don’t ignore it or it will go away.

Sincerely,

DFS players who miss the NBA and suck at baseball.

• damionismyname

@moped_jones said...

I’ve doing really well finding value plays (Sims and Powers yesterday) but my “stud-etts” have been under performing. + people missing games due to leaky roofs & Augustus not playing yesterday.

I think DFS could be great exposure for the WNBA but it seems like they are not interested in having more people watch the sport.

If I use Simms I would have won 10k but I didn’t know she was starting again due to the failed news or starters updates. I was even on the Sparks twitter and no news on Simms in the starting lineup even 1 minute before lock. Shit has to change on that front so we know who the fuck is playing.

• moped_jones

@damionismyname said...

If I use Simms I would have won 10k but I didn’t know she was starting again due to the failed news or starters updates. I was even on the Sparks twitter and no news on Simms in the starting lineup even 1 minute before lock. Shit has to change on that front so we know who the fuck is playing.

I took a chance b/c she started the last game. I thought I saw it on twitter before lock, but I may not have. Started drinking early yesterday.

I caught Powers just a couple minutes before lock. Changed out Paris. But with Augustus out it didn’t matter. Had 196 on FD with her out. Would have easily cashed.

But I agree they have to do a much better job of releasing their starting LU’s sooner. In the NBA we all pretty much know hours in advance. Baseball too.

• elmore0631

@moped_jones said...

Fantastic lineup (FD) then I see that Simone Augustus is out. Would be great if we had this info BEFORE LOCK.

Love basketball but if WNBA doesn’t get us info sooner then I am out. They need the ratings. I’ve seen those empty stadiums. No one is watching. They need DFS players to give a $h*t about their sport.

Aerial Powers = 1% owned = 30+ pts
    Odysy Sims = 19% owned = 25 pts

I had TWO players at 3k a piece CRUSHING value and now I wont’ even cash b/c someone was out with no heads up.

IN what contest was Powers only 1%?

Also good to see FD rewarded something back. DK just adds fuel to the fire instead of trying to work with you. Anyways, I couldn’t stay away because I need to try and salvage a small amount back from the BS.. I did do that at least.

I like FD but they don’t adjust prices enough for me..

• elmore0631

@damionismyname said...

She’s starting because of Carson being out. Carson was going to be out again … Plum gets production a lot of times when she comes off the bench and plays in blowouts when the game is out of reach.

• futoo

guess i need to check twitter before making a lineup. missed on powers

• futoo

how did anyone know simms was going to start 2 games ago..twitter?

• elmore0631

@futoo said...

how did anyone know simms was going to start 2 games ago..twitter?

Idk but likely because Carson got hurt the game before?

• yisman

the frustrating thing is the teams don’t always release the lineups on twitter

Usually you can find them in the hour before lock but some teams don’t even bother.

DK didn’t even bother giving me a stock answer to my long e-mail. Completely ignored.

• moped_jones

@elmore0631 said...

IN what contest was Powers only 1%?

Also good to see FD rewarded something back. DK just adds fuel to the fire instead of trying to work with you. Anyways, I couldn’t stay away because I need to try and salvage a small amount back from the BS.. I did do that at least.

I like FD but they don’t adjust prices enough for me..

She was 1.4% in the $1 3 max free throw. on FD.

• damionismyname

@elmore0631 said...

She’s starting because of Carson being out. Carson was going to be out again … Plum gets production a lot of times when she comes off the bench and plays in blowouts when the game is out of reach.

Like I said, I wasn’t 100% sure so I went with Plum, she gets me 20 and I win a good chunk, she gets me 26 and I win 10k. She got me 9 and was her worst game so far. Like I said, I checked twitter and just wasn’t %100 sure of Simms so maybe I should have just did another lineup to hedge it with. Wont matter this weekend as you will have to find new 3k players because all of those will now be 4-5k.

• moped_jones

@damionismyname said...

Like I said, I wasn’t 100% sure so I went with Plum, she gets me 20 and I win a good chunk, she gets me 26 and I win 10k. She got me 9 and was her worst game so far. Like I said, I checked twitter and just wasn’t %100 sure of Simms so maybe I should have just did another lineup to hedge it with. Wont matter this weekend as you will have to find new 3k players because all of those will now be 4-5k.

Yeah, I just made out a LU for Friday on FD and Sims is $4400 & Powers is $3900.

They were $3k and $3300 respectively last game. On DK they will probably be even more (like you said).

• elmore0631

@damionismyname said...

And some will still be good plays… that people will be off on because of the price jump.

You even had Currie, against the team that traded her this yr, was a great play, i think I’ve played her every night since Griner has been out.

• ASalvaro

By the time I get a handle on the WNBA the season will be over

• elmore0631

@moped_jones said...

Yeah, I just made out a LU for Friday on FD and Sims is $4400 & Powers is $3900.

They were $3k and $3300 respectively last game. On DK they will probably be even more (like you said).

Well, i had played Powers the day before she started. She’s a bit different than that bench player that gets the occasional start because of injury just to take up minutes. She gets nice usage for Dallas.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).