NBA FORUM

Comments

• futoo

does anyone have a clue what to do with this slate..is hayes playing for atl?

• TheFrankman86

Monitoring the situation. Have no clue what happened.

• futoo

lol. its like trying to find out info about a high school game.

• yisman

nothing on twitter except for this:

FreePlaysPicks‏ @FreePlaysPicks 7h7 hours ago
    More
    WNBA Atlanta G Tiffany Hayes (ribs) is probable Tuesday

• Crimsonstar18

Della Donne? Hayes? I’m searching everywhere it sucks with so much unceartanity

• moped_jones

I was pretty excited about having some basketball over the summer but with the lack of information + the super small slates = I’ve completely lost interest.

Way to go WNBA. You’ve made me lose interest in my favorite sport.

• GrindUnumb

J.Thomas starting. There goes my fav value play

• GrindUnumb

One of four teams release a starting lineup before lock. Lovely!

• yisman

Yeah I was checking Dream’s twitter repeatedly

they tweeted a bunch of nonsense and would not mention a lineup

I don’t understand the WNBA. If they’re going to have twitter accounts, why not tweet out the lineup?

• futoo

And it looks like Hayes didn’t start

• yisman

Dream tweeted out the lineup 5 minutes after lock

this reminds me of how they started tweeting about the wet flood a few minutes after lock a few weeks ago.

I wanted to use Hayes for some reason, but I guess she’s not playing.

• sox9

Fools running the WNBA. The lack of disclosure is appalling. No one gonna play them in fantasy and therefore no one will watch the games. they just don’t get it.

• sox9

You would think ATL would be at least trying to make the playoffs? If you are probable, you play in a game like this. Looks like the Dream conceding the season. Would Michael Jordan have sat out such a game in similar circumstance. That’s the difference between the NBA and WNBA. The tag of the league being soft rings true

• moped_jones

@sox9 said...

Fools running the WNBA. The lack of disclosure is appalling. No one gonna play them in fantasy and therefore no one will watch the games. they just don’t get it.

It’s almost like they don’t like the reason why we are watching so they turn their nose up at the DFS fans.

Oh well. There’s a reasons 80% of those seats are empty. Poor management. Everything about this sport sucks. From the lack of updates to the small slates. There is no reason they couldn’t go two 6 game slates a week instead of these 2 game slates or 1 game one day and one the next slates. Or they could play three 4 game slates a week. There’s a reason this sport has never caught on and the NBA has to cover their losses.

• sox9

Not sure the WNBA fantasy format is viable for either DK or FD. First, it’s the WNBA, ok? Second, lack of lineup and injury disclosure pregame is a HUGE issue. I think you are right that some within the WNBA feel that fantasy play and betting somehow “cheapens” the game. Fact is, no one is gonna watch or come out to the games without it. You have 2 elite teams and that’s it. And of course it’s women’s basketball. You could say it’s in its infancy, but it’s been around 20 years and the stands are still three-quarters empty. I’d rather go to an Arena Football game. Hey, btw do they still have that?

• yisman

yes, they do still have Arena Football, and they sell a lot more tickets than the WNBA does.

• salarycapfantasy

Sorry you guys missed the news. It was known way in advance. I need to do a better job of putting that out on my WNBA twitter account. I have been working on my NFL preseason stuff.

• sox9

Suspect more than a few got burnt playing Hayes. Saw no press on it anywhere. Lots of folks said they were searching twitter hourly. I know for a fact it never appeared on the Dream’s twitter bec. I just went back and checked it. —I did however see the starting lineup was announced 5 minutes after tip-off. Perhaps you should relay to the WNBA folks you know how the lack of disclosure in places like Rotowire, RG, Rotoballer, Summitthoops, etc. is killing their franchise. Fantasy players really do not like the WNBA—-get cuckolded just about every other slate of games, lol. Fantasy players should not have to rely on a single insider’s twitter account. The news should be widely disseminated and it should be done before game time. Lucky for you, you have inside knowledge others do not, not sure that is completely kosher but no one will care—it’s just the WNBA. It’s not MLB, the NBA or NFL.

• sox9

The last Rotowire disclosure on Hayes (the source FD uses for its news updates and official player status) was 2 games ago (August 14)—saying she left the game just after 4 minutes for unknown reasons. It still has not been updated.

• ripking

Any suggestions for a value play 3700 or less on DK for utility?
    thanks

• Crimsonstar18

Anyone playing tonight?

• MHDU2424

ANyone have news on the LA guard situation for tonight?

• damionismyname

@MHDU2424 said...

ANyone have news on the LA guard situation for tonight?

• ASalvaro

Be sure to check the weather forecast the Washington Mystics are home tonight :)

• IronMonkey415

Why? They leaking again? I can’t take this anymore.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.