MAIN FORUM

Comments

• TheAnswer

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

The soccer forums have been dead for a while, so why not start up a World Cup talk before it actually begins.

Here are the odds to take it:
    Germany 4/1
    Brazil 4/1
    France 6/1
    Spain 6/1
    Argentina 7/1
    Belgium 10/1
    England 20/1
    Portugal 20/1
    Uruguay 25/1
    Poland 30/1
    Colombia 40/1
    Russia 40/1
    Croatia 40/1
    Saudi Arabia 1000/1

And here’s a concise article previewing the whole tournament – 2018 World Cup Preview

Let’s start the debate!

• Yeoman

@JH822547 said...

I’d have DiMaria over Ozil but yeah their defense is not top class.

Maybe; I don’t think he’d blend quite as well though. Özil’s much better for Germany than he is for Arsenal.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@elementasrat said...

How the hell has Argentina not had more success in the World Cup with that squad. They are STACKED.

To answer this really quickly/easily…
    Very specifically, their modern team defense in this generation have been lacking, as in lacking, I mean completely void and non-existent. They have literally no star power at the back. I like to say the Argentinian defense is the equal and opposite reaction to their attack; as great as we think their attack are, their defense are that bad too.
    They have also had way too many expectations. It’s gotten so bad that now most Argentinian’s aren’t comfortable calling Messi from Argentina anymore, because he has yet to produce anything for Argentina. They are far more content to say “he left at 8!” than to admit they have failed.
    Without Messi, this team is borderline Canada national team. Seriously. Look at their scores without Messi. They barely qualified for the WC due to their lackings, and it took them until the last game on the last day, and for Messi to do crazy Messi things, in order for them to qualify. They really shouldn’t even be here.

Hope that helps, but it’s because their defense is historically bad, and the domestic expectations will never be met, therefore, they will have already lost if they do not win.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

Messaged DK back in mid-may, asking for clarification on slate sizes and times.
    They told me that every main slate would contain every game from that day.
    Thanks DK, not playing today because of this nonsense. Without France in the mix, today’s slate is a joke.
    What a load of crap salaries. When 9/10 top salaries are from the same two teams, probably should revisit the slate construction.
    Yeah, I’m upset, but this is also garbage.

edit: 40min later, and I’m 40x more upset than before.
    This is just nonsense, can’t believe DK would do this.
    I totally get why they would tell me one thing and do the other, absolutely nothing new there.
    But still, there’s never holding up your own word, and then there’s shooting your own foot.
    This is both.

• JH822547

This is the only game starting at 6AM US time so this is probably the exception, stop sulking.

• webbm1

In DK’s defence today is the only day where there is 4 games at different times and the only day with an 11am kick off (6am est). I imagine they will have full slates for all the others, they probably just forgot that the France game was early when replying. I don’t know how many people play Football on DK in terms of US/Europe but the US guys would have had to been awake before 6am to check team lineups.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@JH822547 said...

stop sulking.

glad it’s that simple for you.
    I have people and a boss who is wondering why my content is worthless now. My projections are broken. They were and probably are bad/garbage anyway, not the point, there’s a chain of response, and it’s way more complicated than me pouting with a finger up my ass.
    It’s also too bad you guys need your beauty sleep, but this is after all a global sport.

though, I have no problem admitting I didn’t realize this is the only 4 game slate with one super early game, and I will trust in the logic that this won’t happen again.

• apatojay

@sirrobert6 said...

To answer this really quickly/easily…
    Very specifically, their modern team defense in this generation have been lacking, as in lacking, I mean completely void and non-existent. They have literally no star power at the back. I like to say the Argentinian defense is the equal and opposite reaction to their attack; as great as we think their attack are, their defense are that bad too.
    They have also had way too many expectations. It’s gotten so bad that now most Argentinian’s aren’t comfortable calling Messi from Argentina anymore, because he has yet to produce anything for Argentina. They are far more content to say “he left at 8!” than to admit they have failed.
    Without Messi, this team is borderline Canada national team. Seriously. Look at their scores without Messi. They barely qualified for the WC due to their lackings, and it took them until the last game on the last day, and for Messi to do crazy Messi things, in order for them to qualify. They really shouldn’t even be here.

Hope that helps, but it’s because their defense is historically bad, and the domestic expectations will never be met, therefore, they will have already lost if they do not win.

So you are telling me iceland is going to score?

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@apatojay said...

So you are telling me iceland is going to score?

When being serious, can’t speak in definitives, but chances are if someone didn’‘t know much about Argentina, their defense is way waaay worse than someone probably assumed.
    Do I think Iceland will? Probably not, but like, if it does happen wouldn’t be one bit surprised. If Siggy is at 100%, Iceland probably will.
    The issue for Argentina in this group is they are up against three teams who do not give af about their opponents, Nigeria and Iceland are completely impervious to the underdog status, and Croatia are secretly stacked to the nines.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

FRANCE PK

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

GRIEZMANN GOAL
    PK, 1-0 France

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

AUSSIE PK
    JEDINAK GOAL, PK
    Aussie1- France 1

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

FRANCE GOAL
    POGBA from GIROUD
    France 2- Aussie 1

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

gg
    France 2-Aussie 1

• pheffernan7

If any of you newbies enjoyed watched Ronaldo yesterday I would really suggest tuning in for this Argentina Iceland game. Messi might individually nutmeg the country as a whole by the end of it

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

dear soccer gods,
    apparently Pogba’s goal could have been an OG.
    I would like to move out this month.
    -Rob.

• JH822547

It was a clear own goal, I’m staggered it was attributed to him in the first place.

Seems to be inconsistency in the team news announcements, yesterday we had it over an hour before kick off, still waiting for the Argie game.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@JH822547 said...

It was a clear own goal, I’m staggered it was attributed to him in the first place.

agreed.
    OPTA owes me my student loans already.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@JH822547 said...

yesterday we had it over an hour before kick off, still waiting for the Argie game.

yeah, it’s usually an hour.
    From what I can tell, both lineups have already been announced, some talk of it last page too.
    Waiting for it too, tho.

• timusbr

I like the call by rob about being a global sport. I am not a newbie to the sport or a newbie to DFS but sorry guys lets find a more even way for me to compete than DFS Soc. LOL

morning coffee brewing, damn those Frenchies won. everyone thought they would.
    I am a white sox fan and root against the cubs, football, the packers will never get my support. Now we have Futbal, and Argentina….can suck on doggie farts. Go Iceland. Vai Brasil

• timusbr

ball control and triangle passing is a great thing but if your on your own half of the field the whole time its masturbating. attack damn you

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

if anybody is watching, you’re getting an idea of what I meant by the Argentina backline.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

ARGENTINA GOAL
    Sergio Aguero from Messi
    Arg 1 – Iceland 0

of course, the one guy who is absolutely guaranteed to come off, scores. Optimal as ever.
    Also, that was so a Messi ast, not credited, what a time to be alive.

• timusbr

Aguero Arg 1-0

its the world cup, cant give a striker a chance to turn with the ball in front of the net. bad things could happen. Nice Goal brilliant effort.

• jsminni1981

is rojo going to get an assist for that?

• Thechamp1995

RG Overall Ranking

ICELAND GOAL

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).