MAIN FORUM

Comments

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

The soccer forums have been dead for a while, so why not start up a World Cup talk before it actually begins.

Here are the odds to take it:
    Germany 4/1
    Brazil 4/1
    France 6/1
    Spain 6/1
    Argentina 7/1
    Belgium 10/1
    England 20/1
    Portugal 20/1
    Uruguay 25/1
    Poland 30/1
    Colombia 40/1
    Russia 40/1
    Croatia 40/1
    Saudi Arabia 1000/1

And here’s a concise article previewing the whole tournament – 2018 World Cup Preview

Let’s start the debate!

• YourWorld

Im telling y’all right now. Suarez and Cavani both are going to score in this next game. So y’all better pair them because they will be in both winning lineups on Fanduel. Mark my words. :).

• aylsg

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

FD scoring corrections all wonky too. Just went from 7th to 84th and not due to fading Patricio. I had 90+ points and now I have 60. WTF?

• aylsg

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

Sitting decent with 2 MID and GK to go on FD. Punting with the SAU keeper gets me Silva + Sanchez. Or I can go Muslera or De Gea and still get Silva + any URU middie except Sanchez. Or do I fade Silva in favor of Sanchez + 1 of Rodriguez/Betancur/Vecino. Do I need one of the Spain MIDs?

Help! Never actually been in a position to close before. Although URU stack will still probably rule the day.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@mogizzle said...

have you ever actually played the game at a level higher than recreational?

Semi-pro.
    Canadian national champion.
    Also coached successfully at a similarly high level.

• reallukegriff

Spain will not score more than 2 goals against Iran – they are very solid defensively

• mogizzle

That makes your Ronaldo preference even more baffling. The vast majority of former players that I know, both personally and otherwise, and pundits would say that Messi is the better player.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@aylsg said...

Help! Never actually been in a position to close before.

first thing, take a few breaths, you still got time to figure things out, you got this. lol

First thing, DO NOT take the Keeper you are needing goals against. Whatever you do.
    I’m all in Rodriguez anyway, highly suggest the same. Sanchez is obviously still an elite play, he will get set pieces, just trying to be different. Rodriguez is WAAYY better than taking the Keeper you need goals against.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@reallukegriff said...

Spain will not score more than 2 goals against Iran

if Spain lose, they are out.
    How seriously messed up would that be?

• aylsg

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

Thank you sir. I think I’ll be comfortable fading Silva for Sanchez + Rodriguez and adding Muslera, I guess. I had only Patricio in my second LU so thinking full on URU stack against the two 3500 starting SAU defenders which still lets me plop Koke into the last slot.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@mogizzle said...

That makes your Ronaldo preference even more baffling.

There’s a reason for this.
    Most people think they can’t do what Messi does, but if they got in sick shape, they could probably do what Ronaldo does, and they prefer Messi as a personality.
    Even I would want to be friends with Messi before Ronaldo, he just seems like a nicer guy, all agree. Let alone a teammate??? Who wouldn’t want to be a teammate with Messi before Ronaldo? Seriously? That’s an equally you’d have to be higher than me to want to be a Ronaldo teammate before a Messi teammate. Take you drunk, you’d be home.

Like, I’m not saying Messi is bad or something, but Ronaldo’s headers/jumping game alone sets him apart. Messi is a special player, but just not as special as Ronaldo.
    That’s the big thing. It’s just not as special.
    This is what happens when there is a Messi-team not literally cultured around ticky-tac footy. Ronaldo has played and can play within all sorts of dynamics. Not only that, Ronaldo is about to succeed on every stage possible. Messi has a couple stages he has found arguably slightly more success.
    Ronaldo is simply more well rounded in every way. This WC is hopefully the definitive, but a prime example.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@aylsg said...

anchez + Rodriguez and adding Muslera

excellent option at this point.
    Like, if I’ve learned anything about DFS since the last WC, it’s Spain are about to lose. #GPP #AllinJabhabaklanashlongname

• cjeagle3

Is Rodriguez starting?

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@cjeagle3 said...

Is Rodriguez starting?

yes, him and sanchez on the wings, not the young guys

• timusbr

The talk of the best of the best is always fun and has nothing to do with DFS points. Lebron or Jordan? a question with opinions as answers and cant move people from one or the other.

Ronaldo is a freak of nature, his size and ability is powerful. Yet I am not sure, I want him on my team(not dfs speaking). Is he the best in the world. skillz and determination are not the only factors. If you disagree …then Yes probably the best in the World. LOL When he brings the Cup Home….I will eat my shorts

• mogizzle

@sirrobert6 said...

There’s a reason for this.
    Most people think they can’t do what Messi does, but if they got in sick shape, they could probably do what Ronaldo does, and they prefer Messi as a personality.
    Even I would want to be friends with Messi before Ronaldo, he just seems like a nicer guy, all agree. Let alone a teammate??? Who wouldn’t want to be a teammate with Messi before Ronaldo? Seriously? That’s an equally you’d have to be higher than me to want to be a Ronaldo teammate before a Messi teammate. Take you drunk, you’d be home.

Like, I’m not saying Messi is bad or something, but Ronaldo’s headers/jumping game alone sets him apart. Messi is a special player, but just not as special as Ronaldo.
    That’s the big thing. It’s just not as special.
    This is what happens when there is a Messi-team not literally cultured around ticky-tac footy. Ronaldo has played and can play within all sorts of dynamics. Not only that, Ronaldo is about to succeed on every stage possible. Messi has a couple stages he has found arguably slightly more success.
    Ronaldo is simply more well rounded in every way. This WC is hopefully the definitive, but a prime example.

Good reply. I didn’t mean to come off as rude in my initial response. I can agree that, physically, Ronaldo is a freak. He’s like the Lebron of soccer. Which in my mind makes what Messi does even more ridiculous. I’m not sure that I buy the dynamic point because both Portugal and Real Madrid play in a similar fast-break/counter-attacking style which suits Ronaldo. And let’s pump the brakes on the succeed on every stage possible point. They tied Spain barely and barely beat Morocco. Messi has already dragged argentina to a World Cup final and won a golden ball. He’s won the champions league as well, la liga, ballon d’or, you name it. Ronaldo’s portugal eked out a euro victory playing a miserable style and ronaldo didn’t even play the final. Ronaldo has more UCL success, that I will admit. For me, Ronaldo needs to win or be in the world cup final to even have a shout at saying he’s the best ever. Also, Ronaldo’s work rate in defense is pure garbage. That may be what irks me the most

I just think there is a bit of recency bias at play currently.

• timusbr

How is the biter doing in club play. last I heard he was on the same team as Ronaldo and Neymar. Is he and how is he doing?

• hcassidy

@timusbr said...

How is the biter doing in club play. last I heard he was on the same team as Ronaldo and Neymar. Is he and how is he doing?

Suarez actually plays with Messi at Barcelona. Where he had 25 goals, 12 assist in 33 appearances this past season.

• timusbr

@hcassidy said...

Suarez actually plays with Messi at Barcelona. Where he had 25 goals, 12 assist in 33 appearances this past season.

He looks 4 years older and about +20 pounds of ripped muscles.

• Dfspacman

I feel bad for Morroco dominated two matches and lost both..

• Thechamp1995

Suarez!

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

GOOOAAALLL
    Uruguay
    Suarez goal from Sanchez corner
    Uruguay 1 SA 0

• timusbr

How many players so far this WC have we seen with 1 touch opportunities? A bunch, Suarez was the first to make it look real easy. Some people just smell goals

• KindGuy

@Dfspacman said...

I feel bad for Morroco dominated two matches and lost both..

Yea for sure. I caught the end of the game as I was heading out and Morocco looked 100% like the better team. So many dangerous chances.

Gotta give credit to Portugal for keeping composure and dissolving the final threats.

Their defense is gonna get shredded in the next round.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Uruguay is getting outplayed by Saudi Arabia now

They should really make 2-3 subs at half time. Their whole midfield has been terrible.

• Felixxberg

@Thechamp1995 said...

Suarez!

He is so owned that I have him in my 2 lineups and I didn’t even move up the leaderboard!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.