MAIN FORUM

Comments

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

The soccer forums have been dead for a while, so why not start up a World Cup talk before it actually begins.

Here are the odds to take it:
    Germany 4/1
    Brazil 4/1
    France 6/1
    Spain 6/1
    Argentina 7/1
    Belgium 10/1
    England 20/1
    Portugal 20/1
    Uruguay 25/1
    Poland 30/1
    Colombia 40/1
    Russia 40/1
    Croatia 40/1
    Saudi Arabia 1000/1

And here’s a concise article previewing the whole tournament – 2018 World Cup Preview

Let’s start the debate!

• themikestrick

Anybody have a link to the $3 all day tournament on DK?

• KindGuy

Wow Poland. Wow.

• Yeoman

@Juanpi said...

And also people seem to have less information about the quality of teams or make errant decisions. The other day I was shocked over how everyone brutally stacked Colombia! They are a very mediocre team and have been for quite some time.

Semi-malicious bump of this. It’s easy to be right about games after they happen.

• KindGuy

@Yeoman said...

Semi-malicious bump of this. It’s easy to be right about games after they happen.

They were a man down and still scored!

• aylsg

@timusbr said...

Hell I was never taught shielding the ball until I entered a summer camp in HS.

The whole system needs to be rethought. Some youth leagues go by age. Some by grade. Almost all rec teams are coached by the closest available mom or dad with a pulse and a lot of the club/select programs aren’t much better. No consistency and no skills taught. I thought the US turned a corner 8-10 years ago with youth programs but it seems we’re right back where we started.

• aylsg

My kids are young and turning to hockey and lacrosse because the instruction is better. With those sports, you can’t just hand a parent a bag of cones and first aid kit and say, “good luck.” The coaches need to have technical skills.

• mood77

I wanted to add to this conversation. I have soccer experience playing all through growing up so I volunteered to coach my daughters U8 AYSO team. The coach she had the previous year had 0 experience.
    First of all, they played 4 v 4 on the tiniest field ever with mini goals. My daughter could score a goal off of a goal kick (no goalie btw). I tried to coach the girls about positioning on the field and spacing. At halftime of the first game, someone from the board came over to me and told me I was coaching them TOO much. Her exact words were, “at this age, we just want them to run around in clumps and have fun. We don’t want someone staying back on defense”. I finished out the year and then moved my daughter to a travel team.
    We will always be at the bottom of the world in soccer unless we revamp our entire youth program. Klinsmann saw that and tried to do it. But he ruffled too many feathers in USA soccer and got fired

• DefinitelyMiami

@mood77 said...

We will always be at the bottom of the world in soccer

We havent been “at the bottom of the world in soccer” since 1989, When we qualified for the 1st of 7 straight World Cups, if not earlier. I get that its cool to knock the Nat Team but enough is enough sometimes

• aylsg

Too much real world work today for me to enter contests. Might have time to think about the 2 pm slate. Good luck all! I’ll be interested to see if anyone can put the pieces together today.

• badgerdores

Any expected squad rotation for the later games? Surely Spain will mix it up a bit right?

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@badgerdores said...

Any expected squad rotation for the later games? Surely Spain will mix it up a bit right?

thinking the same.
    Frustrating all the serious value and questions needing answered are the late games. Like, Martins starting for Portugal could completely reshape the day, but otherwise make an impossible pivot. Same with Vazquez, he doesn’t start, gg.
    Probably stick to some showdowns, can’t risk the lack of starter confirmation.

• MHDU2424

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Who’s on set pieces with Sanchez now also out? Laxalt?

• tomac

@DefinitelyMiami said...

We havent been “at the bottom of the world in soccer” since 1989, When we qualified for the 1st of 7 straight World Cups, if not earlier. I get that its cool to knock the Nat Team but enough is enough sometimes

I’d say missing the World Cup because you can’t beat T&T qualifies as being pretty close to the bottom of the world at soccer.

• hcassidy

@MHDU2424 said...

Who’s on set pieces with Sanchez now also out? Laxalt?

Well kinda stinks that DK has Laxalt listed as a Defender.

• MHDU2424

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

I don’t know if he ever takes corners/ free kicks but he’s a crosser

• Ndepompei

Egypt switching up goalies going with El Hadary today

• OttawaCityMadman

Im liking my lineups today. News players fit in nice and flows well , just hope they perform. Laxalt and Miranchuk. Got a feeling Ziyech pops one today as well…

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Miranchuk.

I also support this play.

• iron_tactics

Wtf is going on with Salah
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-mo-salah-confusion-egypt-12787076.amp

• afcangelo

Salah 2 goals today

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

watching Russia v Uruguay, I ain’t got time for that Salah nonsense. #0%

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

GOAL
    LUIS SUAREZ FREE KICK
    1-0 Uruguay

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

GOAL
    EGYPT
    SALAH ast SAID
    1-0

• afcangelo

Theres one! Nice touch with the Suarez goal too, keep those points coming boys!

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

GOAL URUGUAY
    Laxat
    2-0

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler