MAIN FORUM

Comments

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

The soccer forums have been dead for a while, so why not start up a World Cup talk before it actually begins.

Here are the odds to take it:
    Germany 4/1
    Brazil 4/1
    France 6/1
    Spain 6/1
    Argentina 7/1
    Belgium 10/1
    England 20/1
    Portugal 20/1
    Uruguay 25/1
    Poland 30/1
    Colombia 40/1
    Russia 40/1
    Croatia 40/1
    Saudi Arabia 1000/1

And here’s a concise article previewing the whole tournament – 2018 World Cup Preview

Let’s start the debate!

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

@thetitanlb said...

Any other player besides Ronaldo and thats a red card. What a total joke….

YC took me out of cash. Ronaldo got me like 2 points. Ronaldo got me like 2 points. Ronaldo got me like 2 points. I have the worst luck possible.

• KindGuy

Stupid Spain.

• YourWorld

I am soooo glad Iran just scored. Karma for that prick of a player Ronaldo.

• KindGuy

:( Spain and Portugal advance. Same shit….

• Yeoman

@yisman said...

first place plays Russia this coming weekend

second place plays Uruguay

so first place would be preferable

Right now it would be Russia/Portugal and Spain/Uruguay

I suspect the players might feel otherwise. Playing the host is never enjoyable and Uruguay isn’t really one of the top sides.

The odds at the top of the thread didn’t have all that much difference between the two (25 v 40) and Russia has since played a bit better than people expected.

• Yeoman

Beiranvand plus Portugal fade wasn’t such a bad idea but I got virtually nothing else right. Al-Burayk was good. Salah wasn’t a disaster. Everything else was.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

Croatia rumoured to report the starting lineup for Tuesday evening’s game will: be Lovre Kalinic – Tin Jedvaj, Vedran Ćorluka, Duje Ćaleta-Car, Josip Pivarić – Filip Bradarić, Milan Badelj – Marko Pjaca, Mateo Kovačić, Ivan Perišić – Andrej Kramarić.
    10 changes in all.

Douglas Costa ruled out for Brazil.

• piffffffffff

Who is fading messi?

• sfox35757

@sirrobert6 said...

Croatia rumoured to report the starting lineup for Tuesday evening’s game will: be Lovre Kalinic – Tin Jedvaj, Vedran Ćorluka, Duje Ćaleta-Car, Josip Pivarić – Filip Bradarić, Milan Badelj – Marko Pjaca, Mateo Kovačić, Ivan Perišić – Andrej Kramarić.
    10 changes in all.

Douglas Costa ruled out for Brazil.

with all of those changes do you like the iceland side i.e Finnbogason and Sigurdsson?

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@sfox35757 said...

with all of those changes do you like the iceland side i.e Finnbogason and Sigurdsson?

NOPE ALL IN KALINIC/JEDVAJ/PIVARIC/KOVACIC/PERISIC. Seriously though. Want 90min of elite plays AND Messi? Croatia are helping us out today. Kovacic and Perisic already have world class talent, now we get them in world class roles and for a non-world class salary.

I think it adds some interesting cash options, Siggy definitely sees an uptick. I’m assuming Perisic is the new 100% set pieces too? Anyone think Kovacic could snake some?

In terms of Messi, I’m basically all in today.
    Either way, it’s already a basic cash lock, Nigeria haven’t been good against any attack, let alone the ceiling of Argentina. They could easily score 5 today, Nigeria’s defensive won’t be able to keep up. And, I dunno, if there was any time Messi has always gone off, it’s clutch games. I expect a huge Messi game today, and I will have him in every card but one.

• badgerdores

Which France guy do you play? Leaning Lemar or is Eriksen better than any Frenchy?

• jman3034

@badgerdores said...

Which France guy do you play? Leaning Lemar or is Eriksen better than any Frenchy?

Thinking of fading France and going with Eriksen and Schmeichel only in the early games…loading up on Croatia, Argentina, and Nigeria

• aylsg

How much time does Griezmann see? Is he usable for the early 2-game only slate? You can kind of do whatever you want salary wise.

• mistermoneybags

Argentina’s problems didn’t just start at this World Cup; they had big problems scoring all throughout qualifying. Messi would seem a lock given all the value available but if they don’t start…at a minimum…Banega and/or DiMaria…Messi is likely to be frustrated again.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@aylsg said...

How much time does Griezmann see?

he doesn’t see enough time for cash, you could probably argue a GPP, but it’s super suboptimal, hes basically guaranteed to come off.

• Yeoman

I’m much more interested in Croatia with all the changes, and not because of the price savings. This group will be much more motivated than the starters would be.

• Yeoman

@piffffffffff said...

Who is fading messi?

Just me. He’ll be 99.99% owned and I’ll finally accomplish my dream of finishing last in a big GPP.

• piffffffffff

Only playing eriksen from early slate. Hope aus peru doesnt turn into some random shootout

• piffffffffff

Modric playing now??

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@piffffffffff said...

Modric playing now??

????
    link?

• piffffffffff

@sirrobert6 said...

????
    link?

The golden ball article here on RG by tristanoh

• KindGuy

Good luck everyone! First time playing showdown for the WC. Hope my debut goes well!

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@piffffffffff said...

The golden ball article here on RG by tristanoh

does it literally suggest otherwise, or just suggest it as if he didn’t know Modric wasn’t starting?

• piffffffffff

This is what he changed it to within last 20 min:

UPDATEMOOY BACK TO CASH CORE OVER ERIKSEN NOW THAT MODRIC LOOKS TO START FOR CROATIA. KOVACIC IS NOT NEARLY AS GOOD OF A PLAY

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler