MAIN FORUM

Comments

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

The soccer forums have been dead for a while, so why not start up a World Cup talk before it actually begins.

Here are the odds to take it:
    Germany 4/1
    Brazil 4/1
    France 6/1
    Spain 6/1
    Argentina 7/1
    Belgium 10/1
    England 20/1
    Portugal 20/1
    Uruguay 25/1
    Poland 30/1
    Colombia 40/1
    Russia 40/1
    Croatia 40/1
    Saudi Arabia 1000/1

And here’s a concise article previewing the whole tournament – 2018 World Cup Preview

Let’s start the debate!

• yisman

@elementasrat said...

Huh? Am I missing something? Does she plays DFS now?

Responding a month later:

No, but the guy mentioned Yahoo/DanielHaight and he popped into the thread shortly after.

So he wanted to double down and try it with other people.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@webbm1 said...

Well absolutely gutted tonight, can’t really fault the result thought we deserved a lead at the break (should have been 2 with Kane’s chance). Croatia put the pressure on us in the second half and we were up against the ropes and perhaps fortunate to to make extra time. As a nation we have grown so much during this WC the fans are behind us again, we’ve looked good on the pitch, we’ve won a first penalty shootout in over 20 years and we’re all behind Southgate.

Still got the chance to win 3rd place on saturday, give a few other players some minutes aswell.

Tough one. As an American it’s tough to understand what it’s like to lose late in the World Cup for the big soccer countries. Especially England, who has had many years of disappointment now, and they had a big chance here. I guess it would be similar to the Eagles losing in the Super Bowl for me (happened in 2004). Stomach punch moment.

But as others have said, the future looks bright, as this England team was super young. They really just need that central, playmaking midfielder. Croatia had two of them and England had zero. That was likely the difference.

• KindGuy

@Stewburtx8 said...

Tough one. As an American it’s tough to understand what it’s like to lose late in the World Cup for the big soccer countries. Especially England, who has had many years of disappointment now, and they had a big chance here. I guess it would be similar to the Eagles losing in the Super Bowl for me (happened in 2004). Stomach punch moment.

But as others have said, the future looks bright, as this England team was super young. They really just need that central, playmaking midfielder. Croatia had two of them and England had zero. That was likely the difference.

Can we just talk about how amazing Modric is?

• Stewburtx8

@elementasrat said...

Can we just talk about how amazing Modric is?

He’s been unbelievable. Doesn’t really get the recognition he deserves for his role in all the cups/titles that Real Madrid has won. He gets to do a little more for Croatia on the offensive end so his impact is showing up on the stat sheet as well.

Player of the Tournament should really come down to Kante vs Modric. But I could see Mbappe getting it if France wins. I’d go with one of the first two though.

• TheAnswer

• x3

I assume Griezmann would get it if France wins, all depends who scores in that game or who creates the golden opportunity.

• Stewburtx8

@TheAnswer said...

I assume Griezmann would get it if France wins, all depends who scores in that game or who creates the golden opportunity.

Odds to win Golden Ball (Best Player Award) are currently:

Mbappe -110
    Modric +200
    Griezmann +1000
    Kante +2000

So Griezmann would have to have a huge game in Final to win it I think.

• TheAnswer

• x3

Surprised Griez is so distant from Mbappe when he has the same amount of goals and 2 more assists than him in the same number of games played. So in my opinion I wouldn’t say Griez has to have a huge game, just a better statistical game than Mbappe at the least. I’m not the one who makes these odds though.

• Stewburtx8

@TheAnswer said...

Surprised Griez is so distant from Mbappe when he has the same amount of goals and 2 more assists than him in the same number of games played. So in my opinion I wouldn’t say Griez has to have a huge game, just a better statistical game than Mbappe at the least. I’m not the one who makes these odds though.

Probably just because Griezmann’s goals have been 2 PK’s and one that was handed to him by Muslera.

He’s been very good but his production has been mostly due to his place on penalties and free kicks/corners. Mbappe’s pace and open play value has had a bigger impact in my opinion, although like I said above, Kante is probably France’s most important player.

• JH822547

Last time Messi got it even though Argentina lost the final, I dunno when they make the decision.

I’m about -$1800 for the World Cup, complete disaster, I’m only pitching for the big prizes though so maybe the final showdown will save the day.

• airjr990

Raheem Sterling back starting and will score today. Guy over do.

• aylsg

Woah. Belgium rolling a lot of first teamers. How much run do they get?

• mistermoneybags

@aylsg said...

Woah. Belgium rolling a lot of first teamers. How much run do they get?

That’s what is hard to pin down . I imagine Fellaini will play some in the second half, and probably Thorgan Hazard, but even the substitution patterns here are a big guessing game. I don’t think either Kane or Lukaku are going to do much, so I’m just going to assume DeBruyne/Hazard get an active 55-60 minutes which will hopefully be enough to get the job done as far as something like Showdown is concerned.

• aylsg

Think I’m rolling KDB, Chadli and Rose from today’s match. Maybe Hazard if a push to a second lineup. Looks like tons of overlay on FD.

• KindGuy

Hoping my guys play 60+ minutes. Good luck everyone!

• KindGuy

WELP. I don’t have Meunier. No chance at a GPP win now.

• aylsg

Son of a… I had four Belgians in a last minute extra LU I threw in and Meunier wasn’t even close to being on my radar.

• aylsg

I do have Chadli in every LU though so hoping he gets a full day.

• someclevername

I have Meunier but took out Chadli last minute tinkering lol

• aylsg

Are you kidding me Chadli!

• someclevername

That’s a tough break for Chadli but on the plus side at least he got some points first

• timusbr

@Stewburtx8 said...

He’s been unbelievable. Doesn’t really get the recognition he deserves for his role in all the cups/titles that Real Madrid has won. He gets to do a little more for Croatia on the offensive end so his impact is showing up on the stat sheet as well.

Player of the Tournament should really come down to Kante vs Modric. But I could see Mbappe getting it if France wins. I’d go with one of the first two though.

Perisic, after the last game if Croatia wins he is the MVP

• fanturds

Sterling and Rose out

• KindGuy

@fanturds said...

Sterling and Rose out

Have both of them in my 2 lineups on FD

Time to focus on DK!

• aylsg

Sterling, Rose and Chadli in my FD 1-gamer. KDB is keeping me in the money, though.

• aylsg

That was a peach by KDB to Lukaku. Hazard looks wobbly today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler