INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• querb

is this going to be a thing?

anyone seen any official word from any of the sites?

• mciama2000

My guess is we will see something on Draftkings, but not until after the Superbowl. I read something where Vince was talking about getting Sponsors and making sure to appeal to the gambling market. Draftkings was involved with Arena football before they folded, so it would seem to make sense.

If they don’t Fanball did AAF contests, so I’d assume they would hop right on the XFL.

• querb

DK just confirmed they will have contests starting 2/8

• mtdurham

I will give it a look but I dont think I’ll be interested.

I give them credit for trying though, I like when people try to be innovative

• rpwjr

looking forward to playing XFL dfs football at drafkings

• querb

https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/1222956209256398849

• wolfjb1

FD’s NBA slate for tonight has a satellite for an XFL slate ticket

• rourke441

i believe this XFL league stuff was tried and the league folded

• Stangs13

Contests up on dk. Hate that they basically are doing showdown but for 4 games. Prize pools seem small for now too. Hopefully. Big ones come out soon.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

FanDuel is doing something for it too, but let’s pray that the league doesn’t fold like it did the first time. They’re having a qualifier thing for the XFL through basketball and NFL. I’m doing the one where they’re giving away 1,000 tickets

• mciama2000

Looks like FanDuel setup the contests right (QB,RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 Flex). I’m not sure what the hell DK was doing with 4 game showdown format, no one wants to play that for 4 games.

• querb

@mciama2000 said...

Looks like FanDuel setup the contests right (QB,RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 Flex). I’m not sure what the hell DK was doing with 4 game showdown format, no one wants to play that for 4 games.

They changed it. 4 game slate now

• DaBum2012

This is going to suck though. Nobody knows enough about the players and you have to play tag with Satan to figure out a winning lineup. Usually in these situations, you can probably figure out who’s good by their price on FD or DraftKings.

• keephustlincuz

@DaBum2012 said...

This is going to suck though. Nobody knows enough about the players and you have to play tag with Satan to figure out a winning lineup. Usually in these situations, you can probably figure out who’s good by their price on FD or DraftKings.

Pro tip…..

Dont be afraid to take some shots the first week. Nobody has any data to go on. You have the advantage the first couple weeks.

• Smallchimp

@DaBum2012 said...

That’s a good thing, you can actually do your homework and get rewarded for it. You’re not going to be playing against people who can fall back on a dozen podcasts and content providers, you’re gonna be playing against people who are basically feeding rake by guessing

• baseballislife93

of course NYers cant play

• Smallchimp

@baseballislife93 said...

of course NYers cant play

Yup, there goes about 90% of my interest for watching it lol

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

I have 0 idea on what the Xfl is going to be like but FD 100k to 1st has my attention lol

• superjon

@Ace15 said...

I have 0 idea on what the Xfl is going to be like but FD 100k to 1st has my attention lol

Yep, I’ll probably 2 or 3 just to test the waters.

I’m thinking there’s no way the prices can be that accurate, so this could be a good time to leave a lot of money on the table.

• superjon

Good source for depth charts

https://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/DanielMalin/80039/2020-xfl-depth-charts/

• Stangs13

@superjon said...

Good source for depth charts

https://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/DanielMalin/80039/2020-xfl-depth-charts/

Good source but i don’t know how accurate it is. I know there is at least one mistake because Jordan Tiamu is the starting qb for St.Louis

• JSteele

I can see a lot of guys priced low when they are listed as WR1 and stuff.

I should either have mega chalk or people just aren’t paying attention

• thedkexperience

@keephustlincuz said...

Pro tip…..

Dont be afraid to take some shots the first week. Nobody has any data to go on. You have the advantage the first couple weeks.

100% this.

The first 2-4 weeks of the XFL is a gift from the DFS/gambling gods. For once Vegas has no F’n clue what to do but if there was ever an advantage to being an eye test over stats player it’s during this window.

June Jones is coaching a pro football team.

• DaBum2012

I just won 19 free entries this past Sunday during the Super Bowl for the XFL. They were giving 1,000 away. That’s $171 I saved myself and it’s a good thing too since there’s no data to go on and I can contanker with the lineups and figure out whose good and not good-kinda the same strategy I took when I began playing golf DFS.

• asmithii2287

Well here’s the thing to me, if you followed the AAF last year, you’ll actually recognize a lot of familiar names that are transitioning over from that league to this one. I feel re-watching some old AAF games and highlights with those players can give users a slight idea of who to target when building lineups. Such examples like:

Rashard Ross – AAF Team Arizona Hotshots —-> XFL Team DC Defenders

De’Mornay Pierson-El – AAF Team Salt Lake Stallions —-> XFL Team St. Louis Battlehawks

Mekale McKay – AAF Team San Antonio Commanders —-> XFL Team N.Y. Guardians

Nelson Spruce – AAF Team San Diego Fleet —-> XFL Team L.A. Wildcats

My only concern is the final depth charts for all teams, because im not really sure which way to go with that lol

• JSteele

I didn’t follow the AAF at all, but I would imagine players taken highly in the draft would be good picks.

For example Trey Williams from Seattle was the top running back off the board in the first round, which tells me Seattle plans to have a big ground game, whereas most teams picked Receivers.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler